• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2022/2023

shipwreck

Good signing.

Some will think the Vanuatu link was a bit fishy but let's face it, he has proven himself on the field, obviously has a great attitude and is exactly the type of player that Monty and Serge can improve out of sight.

If we didn't sign him, I promise you another club would have now that we took the gamble.

Rising Sun

Alarm bells ringing for Sasha though. We have 4 decent AL right backs if you add in Triantis (who can play there)
Don't see it that way. We have 3 decent RB (I am not including Triantis) and 1 decent LB - Storm and Aqualina both provide cover at LB.

Storm wouldn't be on wages that are out of kilter for a squaddie, so an extension is justified even if he is just providing cover (for both RB and LB) - he doesn't have to be seen as an automatic starter to justify an extension

As for Sasha, he is also handy on the wing which makes him a good bench option if he isn't in the starting 11

turbo

I'm not convinced Storm is blocking anyone's progression. He provides a level of all rounder cover across the backline and an older head to steady the ship if Kaltak is out for some reason. Can't speak for him but the fact he's extended without being our clear first choice RB may mean he's ok with playing the team role not necessarily looking to hog the spotlight or play every single minute. At 30 tomorrow he could well finish his career with us if he's happy in that role and his form holds.

turbo

If you haven’t read the release about Storms extension it’s worth checking out. Seems quite heartfelt from Monty and he says he can see Storm finishing up his career here. I didn’t realise Storm has a son up here and that kind of thing could definitely contribute to getting him into a better place than his last few seasons.

Corsair

I was also a Storm skeptic, however as a squaddie he's proven his worth and has played well this season so far.

Biggest issue is his pace, he got absolutely burnt in the Adelaide game. As long as we adjust for that his experience is valuable and he can pass and cross well, decent utility player.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred