• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2022/2023

Allreet?

I've had a niggling concern over Farrell without Rowles next to him for some time now and it's got worse during the off season. I think Rowles covered for him a lot more than people realize. This smells like a similar situation to Silvera, bigged up beyond reality. It would be a winning move for Sydney though, pick him up for relatively cheap and hurt our team roster into the bargain. They might not even play him, wouldn't surprise me if they sign a seasoned left back and left Faz on the bench.
Thanks Dobbie, you're one of the only others who've shared my doubts.

I think Farrell is a ball watcher and loses his man. Yes, he does pull off some amazing tackles but doesn't have the game smarts I expect from an AL defender.

Very young and likely to improve, but I won't be devastated if we lose him. Especially if we get some cash.

Meerkat

I think Farrell is a ball watcher and loses his man. Yes, he does pull off some amazing tackles but doesn't have the game smarts I expect from an AL defender.

Very young and likely to improve, but I won't be devastated if we lose him. Especially if we get some cash.
Who are we replacing him with then?

pjennings

If he wants to go to another A League team to sit on the pine he can sit here on the pine. I'm over these mutual terminations.

Meerkat

'...according to the Daily Record, Dundee United are considering a move for Central Coast Mariners keeper Mark Birighitti'
This is another one I’ve quietly felt very very uneasy about. I don’t think the year ended well for him and I don’t sense he is happy.
arrrghhhhhh.. think I’m off to rock in a corner… ?

Corsair

'...according to the Daily Record, Dundee United are considering a move for Central Coast Mariners keeper Mark Birighitti'
This would be a sizeable fee presumably, would be a shame to lose him but better now than when off contract.

Is Sozer any good? I've heard he's actually a decent keeper.

turbo

They might not even play him, wouldn't surprise me if they sign a seasoned left back and left Faz on the bench.
This is what some young players need to get in their head. Was the same risk for Miller with the bulls. You can go to another team but there’s no guarantee they won’t pick you up and fill the role in front of you like WU did with Aspro in their first season.

turbo

Going back to the Roux musings earlier by FFC it’s plausible if the Farrell post above were true you’d see Aquilina deployed on the left and Roux / Kusevski sharing the right.

Still don’t think we should allow him to leave freely though.if we let Bozanic get splinters we can surely afford to carry Farrell as dead weight rather than giving him up for nothing,

Corsair

We went through such a left back wilderness that might be why he's appeared to be a messiah. His playing style does remind a bit of Josh Rose as well, maybe there's some subliminal love going on!

shipwreck

We simply cannot allow another mutual termination for a lateral transfer within the aleague, this needs to stop right now.

It is unconstitutional, not within the intent of the Aleague and is counter productive to developing players. Macarthur and Sydney FC are abstaining from their obligation to develop youth by knowing they can simply poach from us.

I'd rather see Farrell sit on the bench pouting and unhappy than see him play LB for another Aleague club.

turbo

We simply cannot allow another mutual termination for a lateral transfer within the aleague, this needs to stop right now.

It is unconstitutional, not within the intent of the Aleague and is counter productive to developing players. Macarthur and Sydney FC are abstaining from their obligation to develop youth by knowing they can simply poach from us.

I'd rather see Farrell sit on the bench pouting and unhappy than see him play LB for another Aleague club.
I would add that it could be considered a direct attack on our business model and long term sustainability. The new owner has made it clear our academy is at the core of our long term goals and is investing money in it. We can’t afford to give away the graduates of the academy without either getting the time or a transfer fee out of them.

I don’t know what Farrell is on but I’m going to assume it’s 100k or less, that’s a cheap price to draw a line in the sand and say enough is enough. Players need to do what’s best for themselves but we aren’t obligated to let them do it on a whim, see how getting splinters for a season helps their progression. Didn’t do wonders for Burgess when he wanted away from WU.

Melange

A) a lot of worry about a rumour from a new unproven source probably looking for a bit of publicity to boost followers.
B) if it is true, I trust Monty to handle it appropriately. While the Oli issue was disappointing, what we did see was the club is showing we're not desperate anymore and will stand strong where necessary or cut dead wood, Ziggy/Ingham, if they're not worth the fight.

FFC Mariner

Not much point developing youth if you cant keep them. Slight flaw in the business model there. Less money spunked on non goal scoring strikers and more spent propping up the kids.

Just a suggestion

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred