• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2022/2023

Rising Sun

I wasn't meaning Windust, I was counting him as someone who is already part of the first grade squad and solid enough defensively already to be a back up CB.
Agree on Cresnar, great motor, great going forward - but would be exposed defensively at AL level. But I did qualify my original comment with "atm" - definitely some potential. I don't know if LB has been his long term position or if he is a recent convert from LW

turbo

Could Aqualina turn into Smith. Turns up thinking they will be a starter and then lose out to one of our academy products.
I don’t think he will, and remember Smith came in with an injury/condition which opened the door for Farrell. Way I see it is
Star
Farrell ? Hall. Aquilina

Backup plan
Aquilina ? Windust Roux/Academy player

May not specifically see Aquilina shift late game if Farrell needs a spell, just bring on Roux or an academy player but if he’s out for a game or more you may see Aquilina slide over. Has played on the left for WSW before.

Main issue is the ? who we are expecting to be an experienced player.

Michael

Health warning - I don't know how informed or reliable this account is....but...

If this is true…
That is very VERY f**king disappointing on Jacobs part. He walked away from the game, Monty talked him back and threw him in with trust and confidence.

I really hope this is just noise from yet another slimey agent trying to get Jacob a better salary with us. It baffles me that he’d want out of his hometown club where he’s probably the first or second name on the team sheet every week.

Rising Sun

He's probably being paid pennies. Maybe wants an upgrade?
People expecting loyalty from footballers are always going to be let down
I would imagine he was offered and an extension with an upgrade, similar to the likes of Hall and Balard who also had contracts to the end of 2023, and he declined.

As mentioned further up this thread,, his agent is the same one who guided DRD to Polish park football, and the rest of his small stable is a bit of a vipers nest with "the winner" and Roy O'Snake amongst the clients

Corsair

I've had a niggling concern over Farrell without Rowles next to him for some time now and it's got worse during the off season. I think Rowles covered for him a lot more than people realize. This smells like a similar situation to Silvera, bigged up beyond reality. It would be a winning move for Sydney though, pick him up for relatively cheap and hurt our team roster into the bargain. They might not even play him, wouldn't surprise me if they sign a seasoned left back and left Faz on the bench.

Meerkat

Sydney is the rumour. I'm not even vaguely ok with this.
I just read the same. Feel a bit ill ?
Would be an absolute slap in the guts…
Will be honest, I’ve had a funny feeling with massive ??? Over Faz the past month or so.. something wasn’t right. And where there is smoke it’s pretty unlikely there ain’t a fire… ?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred