• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2022/2023

Insertnamehere

Not much point developing youth if you cant keep them. Slight flaw in the business model there. Less money spunked on non goal scoring strikers and more spent propping up the kids.

Just a suggestion
The point in a sellers league is to train yoof enough to appeal to clubs to buy them with sell ons.

FFC Mariner

Not quite my point but anyway.
Too many agents allowed in to sniff around our young stars by the new regime
Some will get their heads turned

Rising Sun

Not much point developing youth if you cant keep them. Slight flaw in the business model there. Less money spunked on non goal scoring strikers and more spent propping up the kids.

Just a suggestion
We seem to be moving the model in the right direction. Ballard and Hall were contracted to 2023 but we have extended them to 2024. Presumably paying a bit more for their 2023 salary but locking them in for longer.
I assume we offered Faz something similar. Ignoring the above rumours, I presume he rejected because he is prepared to back himself and sacrifice a few more bucks for next season in order to be in a better negotiating position as a free agent. You are not going to be able to sell everybody under contract - at least we get the training fees.

marinermick

Not quite my point but anyway.
Too many agents allowed in to sniff around our young stars by the new regime
Some will get their heads turned

I get exactly what FFC Mariner is saying. From what I understand there seems to be a number of agents hanging around the club lately, on friendly terms with the coaching staff, especially around the academy. I don’t know what has changed lately but it wasn’t like this last season. It sends the wrong message to up and coming talent to take any deal, because the presence of agents just hanging around, legitimatises their every practice.

marinermick

We seem to be moving the model in the right direction. Ballard and Hall were contracted to 2023 but we have extended them to 2024. Presumably paying a bit more for their 2023 salary but locking them in for longer.
I assume we offered Faz something similar. Ignoring the above rumours, I presume he rejected because he is prepared to back himself and sacrifice a few more bucks for next season in order to be in a better negotiating position as a free agent. You are not going to be able to sell everybody under contract - at least we get the training fees.

He rejected other offers because he is a massive introvert. He is comfortable at the club and comfortable with the coach. It was not that long ago he nearly walked away from the game for good. He understands that staying longer at the club is not only good for his development but also good for his mental well being. The fact that he was away with the 23s and hated every minute of it because he was in a very foreign environment and not at home, probably helped his decision to stay with the club.

Rising Sun

He rejected other offers because he is a massive introvert. He is comfortable at the club and comfortable with the coach. It was not that long ago he nearly walked away from the game for good. He understands that staying longer at the club is not only good for his development but also good for his mental well being. The fact that he was away with the 23s and hated every minute of it because he was in a very foreign environment and not at home, probably helped his decision to stay with the club.
Just to clarify, I was suggesting he rejected any upgrade we may have offered in order to negotiate as a free agent at the end of next season when his current contract ended. Hope for his sake that he can start to feel a bit more comfortable getting out of safe environments in order to get to Europe to realise his full potential

Big Al

I get exactly what FFC Mariner is saying. From what I understand there seems to be a number of agents hanging around the club lately, on friendly terms with the coaching staff, especially around the academy. I don’t know what has changed lately but it wasn’t like this last season. It sends the wrong message to up and coming talent to take any deal, because the presence of agents just hanging around, legitimatises their every practice.
Depends what the club is trying to achieve. Agent’s are part of all sports and it’s probably more surprising they aren’t around more.

The club maybe using it to get the best young talent to the club. The ones who can be sold overseas quickly before needing contract extensions is maybe what they are looking for from it because when contract extensions are required we will probably get out bid. At least until transfer fees come into the A League to A League clubs. It’s hard to know what the new regime wants or is prepared to pay for contract extensions.

What we don’t want is them nabbed before they make the 1st team.

Will be interesting to see what way they head and is the academy the priority?

Agents will be agents but maybe it’s a matter of keep your enemies close type things.

Big Al

Also don’t trust these guys as a 100% serious account. Anybody advertising for people with knowledge to join up obviously doesn’t know much itself. They have a few ads for different clubs. Have been wrong a bit and wrong a bit as well.

Big Al

Good question, if he trains well and has a good attitude he should be starting. Get an injury and you open the door. It’s great having competition for positions and should be interesting to watch again this season who holds down their spots in the starting team. Not sure Noah will get much game time at Victory to be honest.
Davidson has gone from MV so there is a high chance he plays

Big Al

Young Josh Hong is also making a case for himself in the academy and I am also generally impressed with Dean Lasron too, so plenty of good prospects coming through.

That said, we could definitely use an experienced CB and preferably a left footer to maintain the balance in the middle of our defence.
Yeah I thought he was impressive last two games. Haven’t seen much before that but also seemed good with the ball. A header goal from a corner from a CB is always a nice addition as well

Ironbark

Sounding positive.
I used to know Faz and you're bang on - he's an introvert, an absolutely kind human and loyal. I do hope we get to keep him for a while yet until he's ready for overseas

turbo

Davidson has gone from MV so there is a high chance he plays
Victory are building a pretty decent squad. They will expect to be a top 3 team. I can’t see how smith would be their first choice left back. Depth & rotation sure but if he’s starting it won’t be by design.

Meerkat

Sounding positive.
I used to know Faz and you're bang on - he's an introvert, an absolutely kind human and loyal. I do hope we get to keep him for a while yet until he's ready for overseas
From what I’ve seen / heard about Faz and the small interactions we have had with him, I would completely believe this to be true- hence finding it so hard to reconcile a proposed “other side” to him!
He’s a sweetheart. He chatted with my 11 year old at the FFA cup final, even though he was clearly very shy (my son plays for Faz’s original community club.) it was one of the highlights of our trip.
it’s clear Monty thinks the world of him and is also quite protective of him.
Will sleep better tonight ??

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred