• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2023/2024

PatientMariner

We are a selling club. The more fans that learn to understand that the better it'll be for the club (not just fans on this forum but the wider community). Its not like 15 years ago when we sold Jedi and we completely fell apart. There is a clear contingency plan now for replacing players.

Look at this year, we lost big players in Rowles, Urena and Birraz and promoted / signed Nector, Tulio Kaltak and brought back Danny!

Love watching our former players go onto bigger and better things! (and in Dannys case, come back to win a championship!)

Ancient Mariner

Cummings spent a lot of time dropping deeper between the lines, do we need a proper #10 to replace him.? I see most of the forwards we have as wingers and strikers.
Thoughts?

Hello Sailor

Hard to believe how young Triantis is, at times the A League appeared a walk in the park for him. Appears to have a massive future and he’s going to a huge club that gave youngsters plenty of opportunities last season, wish him nothing but the best
A very confident player. I loved his Cryuff turns and Maradonna tricks making pressing attackers look a bit foolish.

marinermick

Cummings spent a lot of time dropping deeper between the lines, do we need a proper #10 to replace him.? I see most of the forwards we have as wingers and strikers.
Thoughts?

Cummings and Tulio rotated this role. It created space for Sammy and Beni as it created holes in defence across different channels.

Whatever striker plays for Monty under the current system will play a similar style. Number tens are redundant under that system.

Hello Sailor

I just hope we aren’t pushing him out the door a season too early. Huge talent that doesn’t need the benched into oblivion treatment we’ve seen before.
It sounds like that was discussed in the negotiations.

The report adds: "Leaders of the pack were Premier League Crystal Palace, but their plan to initially loan Triantis proved less appealing than Sunderland’s impromptu bid.
"There were also approaches from the Bundesliga, Stoke City and clubs in Denmark, Greece and Norway."

A chat over Zoom with key Sunderland personnel - including head coach Tony Mowbray - proved key. Palace were keen but they would have likely loaned him out, Sunderland put forward a proposal which included a route to the first team

Last edited:

Ancient Mariner

Cummings and Tulio rotated this role. It created space for Sammy and Beni as it created holes in defence across different channels.

Whatever striker plays for Monty under the current system will play a similar style. Number tens are redundant under that system.
They may have rotated the role but I seem to remember Tulio doing most of his creative work out wide rather than filling the whole between striker and midfield.
Agree that the traditional #10 is in the past, however if no one drops between the lines in the middle of the park, a gap will be left.
Maybe my memory is not that good but it seems to me that Cummings did the heavy lifting in that role.
It will be interesting.

Michael

It sounds like that was discussed in the negotiations.

The report adds: "Leaders of the pack were Premier League Crystal Palace, but their plan to initially loan Triantis proved less appealing than Sunderland’s impromptu bid.
"There were also approaches from the Bundesliga, Stoke City and clubs in Denmark, Greece and Norway."

A chat over Zoom with key Sunderland personnel - including head coach Tony Mowbray - proved key. Palace were keen but they would have likely loaned him out, Sunderland put forward a proposal which included a route to the first team

Hopefully this means he’ll get pre season minutes, be a squaddie to start the season and get chances to impress (he will) with the massive amount of games champsh teams play. Straight to the prem was probably a step too far this early tbh. I expect he’ll be a regular by January for Sunderland if they treat him right.

Michael

Thoughts?
DWH can drop in the hole as a link pretty well, as well as playing on the shoulder effectively. Tulio and moresche do that link role pretty well too. We already have dingos replacements in the squad, the biggest question is who will score the 15+ goals now. But then again, we share the goals around pretty well as it is. I’ve got a great feeling about DWH

FFC Mariner

DWH can drop in the hole as a link pretty well, as well as playing on the shoulder effectively. Tulio and moresche do that link role pretty well too. We already have dingos replacements in the squad, the biggest question is who will score the 15+ goals now. But then again, we share the goals around pretty well as it is. I’ve got a great feeling about DWH
If DWH drops into a hole he will need plaster and a cane

true believer

Thoughts?
i think it was more the way we played with sammy,tulio and beni .
i have high hopes moresche with another off season will get his confidence back .
dw halls could have a big year and our kids have alot of talent .(not withstanding todays effort).

looking forward to enjoying 2024

style_cafe

I`m thinking Sammy will step up into 15+ goalscorer.
His confidence grew all season and with a few goals in Asia i`m tipping Arnie will
see see his potential... :popcorn:

Ancient Mariner

Like my cricket captain used to tell us, "I don't care if you score 50's. I would prefer all eleven of you to get 30 each.

VonBowellski

According to Transfer market, Nkololo had 7 goals and 0 assists, Tulio had 9 goals and 5 assists, Silvera had 6 goals and 5 assists, DWH had 1 goal and 1 assist, and Moresche had 0 goals and 2 assists. Fairly certain that hasnt been updated for the GF but three of them are already knocking on the door for double digits goals and DWH and Moresche didnt have a full season. If they all get around 10 goals each (not unimaginable) then we will cover the Dingos tally for the year.

Pirate Pete

According to Transfer market, Nkololo had 7 goals and 0 assists, Tulio had 9 goals and 5 assists, Silvera had 6 goals and 5 assists, DWH had 1 goal and 1 assist, and Moresche had 0 goals and 2 assists. Fairly certain that hasnt been updated for the GF but three of them are already knocking on the door for double digits goals and DWH and Moresche didnt have a full season. If they all get around 10 goals each (not unimaginable) then we will cover the Dingos tally for the year.
Beni got an assist at one of the games in Adelaide. Last game of the season I think.
I'm pretty sure it was mentioned during the game that he was on zero assists and then he got one.

Ancient Mariner

Full pre season Theo could be a 10 goal winger too
What a great prospect with a massive shot. From what I have seen of him so far Think he may have to work on fitness to become a 90min player with our style of fast, full on pressing. As well I think I would like to see him get his head up sooner to look for support rather than trying to do it all himself.
It is going to be fun watching how it all works out.

MrCelery

What a great prospect with a massive shot. From what I have seen of him so far Think he may have to work on fitness to become a 90min player with our style of fast, full on pressing. As well I think I would like to see him get his head up sooner to look for support rather than trying to do it all himself.
It is going to be fun watching how it all works out.
You would want your forwards to be somewhat selfish (like Sammy's goal). But Theo needs to balance that by learning from the likes of Tulio on how feed the ball to teammates who are better positioned (like his pass to Faz for the hand ball goal, and Sammy's setup for Beni, etc. Too much of the same thing makes it predictable, and easy to defend. Gotta keep 'em guessing!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred