• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2023/2024

Forum Phoenix

As positive as everything everyone’s saying is, and I agree. Can’t see Monty and Serge not taking the opportunity to use our increased leverage to make sone strong signings as replacements too. You’d think we’d have to be in the best position to recruit that we have been for a very long time. Possibly ever. We may have had more funds at some point, but we’re not scraping the barrel, have title prestige, Asia, and unbelievable youth promotion… add Monty’s ambition and now proven success with teams and players.,, I expect they’re going to make some great new signings to further strengthen the squad.

Forum Phoenix

Theo has a habit at the moment of having one touch too many.
TBF he’s that kind of player though. And Monty wants those players to express themselves - which has been very successful for him and us. Theo has also shown sone great judgement with passing at times too, so I’m sure now he’s playing regularly again and being under Monty this won’t be an issue,

nero

As positive as everything everyone’s saying is, and I agree. Can’t see Monty and Serge not taking the opportunity to use our increased leverage to make sone strong signings as replacements too. You’d think we’d have to be in the best position to recruit that we have been for a very long time. Possibly ever. We may have had more funds at some point, but we’re not scraping the barrel, have title prestige, Asia, and unbelievable youth promotion… add Monty’s ambition and now proven success with teams and players.,, I expect they’re going to make some great new signings to further strengthen the squad.
I concur. Love the love for our champion players but we will need some new signings for competition. Monty and co will be searching now and putting plans in place.
We can lose the Cumdog but not the coach ATM

Big Al

TBF he’s that kind of player though. And Monty wants those players to express themselves - which has been very successful for him and us. Theo has also shown sone great judgement with passing at times too, so I’m sure now he’s playing regularly again and being under Monty this won’t be an issue,
Agree and Sammy has those same traits and has learned to look up a bit better but he is prone to head for goal 1st and 2nd. Makes that assist to Beni all the more special.

Theo just needs to drop some weight and spend more time with the guys on the field.

Stuartmcateer

Cummings spent a lot of time dropping deeper between the lines, do we need a proper #10 to replace him.? I see most of the forwards we have as wingers and strikers.
Thoughts?
He was also getting in wide areas a lot - the Adelaide assist for Sammy, the build up for the second penalty in the GF, the one touch assist for tulio (Adelaide in the last round I think?).

I think Monty has the players that can drop into those areas - either wide or in between the lines - and create things.

Corsair

They may have rotated the role but I seem to remember Tulio doing most of his creative work out wide rather than filling the whole between striker and midfield.
Agree that the traditional #10 is in the past, however if no one drops between the lines in the middle of the park, a gap will be left.
Maybe my memory is not that good but it seems to me that Cummings did the heavy lifting in that role.
It will be interesting.
I agree that a great deal of Cummings creative work is largely overlooked. Strikers like tappy mctappin and Alf are good finishers but they don't bring that extra creativity JC has. We're going to miss him for sure, hopefully we've got someone inbound or a big step up for 1 or 2 academy players.

Michael

City losing so many players is concerning for any team that went well given man city can buy anyone and just loan to Melbourne.

FFC Mariner

Well they cant buy anyone contracted to an AL club - no transfer fees allowed. Would have to be the dreaded "mutual release"
They also hav very much a youth model too. This is an incuabator club for the awful CFG.
You would imagine a couple of higher profile signings from overseas and then more youth team players.

Tevor

Well they cant buy anyone contracted to an AL club - no transfer fees allowed. Would have to be the dreaded "mutual release"
They also hav very much a youth model too. This is an incuabator club for the awful CFG.
You would imagine a couple of higher profile signings from overseas and then more youth team players.
Spot on, whilst the biggest shake up for a while I would expect them to still be strong next season.

turbo

Spot on, whilst the biggest shake up for a while I would expect them to still be strong next season.
They have money and pathways to lure players - although interestingly their most recent departures went outside the group - but still need to build a team out of them. Something like 7 of their regular first team players have departed. There's still a bit of a spine and I could see these moves giving players like Galloway and Beneguer a path back to the starting XI but they'll have some recruiting to do to get the depth back.

I expect them to still be strong but not sure they'll be dominant like they have been. Have my doubts about Rado instilling the same drive that Kisnorbo did as well.

Big Al

Time for them to build the next generation. It might take a few years but the next Bos and Tilio will be getting a good run next.

I think they will still be top 4 as long as they have Leckie and McTappin

Michael

Any updates on that post that the older Koul might be loaned to us...
Monty’s on a well deserved holiday. So maybe don’t expect any arrival news for a couple weeks. International transfer window opens very soon so it’s likely we’ll get departure news soon though. If the dingo is genuinely going to India we may get that announcement soon. (Hope he’s done the rumoured u turn)

Tevor

Monty’s on a well deserved holiday. So maybe don’t expect any arrival news for a couple weeks. International transfer window opens very soon so it’s likely we’ll get departure news soon though. If the dingo is genuinely going to India we may get that announcement soon. (Hope he’s done the rumoured u turn)
Dingo is enjoying Hamilton Island at the moment.

JoyfulPenguin

I don't think we will get the Dingo announcement till we have something to soften the blow. That seems to have been our media strategy for quite a while.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred