• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Marketing Ideas to Help the Club

Melange

Interesting and thanks for that, but doesn’t change my opinion about playing the song if there is a wide belief in the community about the song being about drug overdose.

Also perpetuates they stereotype about the Central Coast.
Yep, sometimes it doesn't matter what the writers intent was, the audience will latch on to something else and the different interpretation will always stick.

Girls on the Avenue is regarded as a song about prostitutes but that couldn't be further from the truth

turbo

Make the 3 lower bays opposite the tunnel alcohol free and families only. That way those parents who don't want to hear swearing etc don't have to.
Maybe dont choose the best GA seats if you want to set up restrictions. Not to mention that puts them close to the bigger away supporter groups. The railway side is a far better option where I believe the alcohol free bay already is.

FFC Mariner

Maybe dont choose the best GA seats if you want to set up restrictions. Not to mention that puts them close to the bigger away supporter groups. The railway side is a far better option where I believe the alcohol free bay already is.
The point is that you prioritise your target market. The segment the club talks about but fails to connect with.
You can have all the family activities you want but the vast majority dont even know there is a game on.

midfielder

Question 1 is what is our prime demographic?

Families. So their "match day experience " is what needs to be worked on.

Make the 3 lower bays opposite the tunnel alcohol free and families only. That way those parents who don't want to hear swearing etc don't have to.

Personally I'd like to see the band shot out of a cannon into Brisbane water.

There is a disconnect between "football people" and the traditional "soccer mums" They aren't us and we need to start catering to them more. They don't follow the game in any way outside of their kids.

There are 14,000 registered players on the Coast. Let's say 1/2 are kids. There's your target not a group of ageing males who would turn up regardless.

If I was in CCM marketing the family pass would be my #1 target group
Maybe some family / kid friendly days... if possible a walk on the field after the match is always popular

Allreet?

Yep, sometimes it doesn't matter what the writers intent was, the audience will latch on to something else and the different interpretation will always stick.

Girls on the Avenue is regarded as a song about prostitutes but that couldn't be further from the truth
Really? Richard Clapton was in my car writing that song as we went gutter creeping back in the 70s, but live and learn.

The way I see it: kids playing football on the Coast are the number one target. There's a huge untapped market in the number of people who play football or otherwise regard themselves as part of the football community. You'd think these people would be low hanging fruit but they are strangely resistant to the AL. I think it's pretty much up to us who know such people to drag them along and ply them with alcohol until they realise what a great time they're having.

pjennings

Question 1 is what is our prime demographic?

Families. So their "match day experience " is what needs to be worked on.

Personally I'd like to see the band shot out of a cannon into Brisbane water.

There is a disconnect between "football people" and the traditional "soccer mums" They aren't us and we need to start catering to them more. They don't follow the game in any way outside of their kids.

There are 14,000 registered players on the Coast. Let's say 1/2 are kids. There's your target not a group of ageing males who would turn up regardless.

If I was in CCM marketing the family pass would be my #1 target group

Really? Richard Clapton was in my car writing that song as we went gutter creeping back in the 70s, but live and learn.

The way I see it: kids playing football on the Coast are the number one target. There's a huge untapped market in the number of people who play football or otherwise regard themselves as part of the football community. You'd think these people would be low hanging fruit but they are strangely resistant to the AL. I think it's pretty much up to us who know such people to drag them along and ply them with alcohol until they realise what a great time they're having.

I think the timing of the A-League makes this demographic really hard to engage with.

When we started in August the whole team would attend kids training nights - especially in pre-season. Then the A-League started while they were still playing.

Now, if the team visits at the same time of year that they used to (i.e. when the kids are still playing) there is too much of a lag time before the season starts.

Allreet?

I think the timing of the A-League makes this demographic really hard to engage with.

When we started in August the whole team would attend kids training nights - especially in pre-season. Then the A-League started while they were still playing.

Now, if the team visits at the same time of year that they used to (i.e. when the kids are still playing) there is too much of a lag time before the season starts.
Just because it's the off-season doesn't mean the players can't visit the clubs. They don't get 5 months holiday.

turbo

Make match days local club days?

Have a Doylo day or an E Gossie day - kids in colours go free, get the clubs themselves to promote it
They promote to local clubs but need to dial it up to 11.

Also get in to coast schools and run clinics. Send a handful of players and coaching staff to as many schools as possible over the season. My oldest has already had a footy clinic at school earlier in the year.

JoyfulPenguin

They promote to local clubs but need to dial it up to 11.

Also get in to coast schools and run clinics. Send a handful of players and coaching staff to as many schools as possible over the season. My oldest has already had a footy clinic at school earlier in the year.
This, get clinics going and give free tickets to all the kids, that include one free adult coming with them. Throw in a fixture magnet as well and you could have free advertising on fridges around the Coast.

pjennings

Just because it's the off-season doesn't mean the players can't visit the clubs. They don't get 5 months holiday.
That's not the point. If they visit in the off-season and the competition doesn't start until mid-October then the opportunity has passed. I know my kids went as teams (coaches and parents came as well) - but that was when they started in August.

The disconnect in time means the kids have moved on.

scottmac

Suspended
Interesting and thanks for that, but doesn’t change my opinion about playing the song if there is a wide belief in the community about the song being about drug overdose.

Also perpetuates they stereotype about the Central Coast.
Having grown up on the central coast I never new it had that stereotype. Not that I can remember much about that time period...........??

Reactions: adz

blue_Pirate

Hi Guys ,
Back in the mid 90s I lived in Rose Bay at 8/37 The Avenue . Just a couple of years later I read an interesting article on Richard Clapton’s song writing . Turns out it wasn’t about hookers at all, Just girls he had seen from his place at you guessed it -
The Avenue , Rose Bay

Reactions: adz

Melange

Hi Guys ,
Back in the mid 90s I lived in Rose Bay at 8/37 The Avenue . Just a couple of years later I read an interesting article on Richard Clapton’s song writing . Turns out it wasn’t about hookers at all, Just girls he had seen from his place at you guessed it -
The Avenue , Rose Bay
I think we read the same article

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami