• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Matchday 7 - Cumdogs v Scumdogs

FFC Mariner

Out coached and then the players were lazy and not smart enough to work out what to do when Newy blocked our avenues

First goal is our weakness. Aqualina has been caught to far inside and let a few crosses in for goals this season already and Farrell caught watching as he is exposed for not cutting off Trent. Trent can only score tap in so that was horrible defense but very clever and planned by Newy

They then cut off our pass to the far side when we go back to Danny. Instead of pressing Danny they sat off and cut off his pass wide instead and forced us to go long and give it back

last season or one before not sure which we didn’t concede from a corner all season. Now conceding easily. Every player was in the middle or the kick side. That backside was completely exposed which Neey targeted and caught Ballard flat footed. Danny comes to quickly to post and. Is not set for the ball going back past him. Should of been positioned to cover the post and the ball back across him. Not his fault but positioning was poor.

Garang can’t save us every week and when he is gone we in trouble. His skill is unbelievable, hits every ball so sweet.

Then newy changed shape and parked the bus but cut off Koul’s runs or space.

Well coached today Newy. Won the battle of the brains

Beni was on the cones or something. Way to slow and disinterested. He is having a horrible season and we should if sold him.

We don’t use Tilio properly especially when the defense Is compact

Hall was probably our only good player
Crowd was 7,700 odd I think

turbo

First goal is our weakness. Aqualina has been caught to far inside and let a few crosses in for goals this season already
Aqualina couldn’t go out because his CB was still catching up. The CB should be there and pushing him out to take on the player instead he was holding the area until backup got in position.

Meerkat

Just watched Monty’s press conference where he says the 3 Socceroos were jet lagged and had a tummy bug.
Why in the world then are we sending out Vuka who is ordinary (being kind) on a good day?
That press conference gave me zero confidence we are making any hardcore changes for next weekend. We shouldn’t be “dusting ourselves off”, I’m not sure what kind of magic he’s expecting?
i do think we’ve got a decent squad in there.. we’ve seen it. But F me, a hard, cold shake up is needed to find it.

Last edited:

turbo

Just watched Monty’s press conference where he says the 3 Socceroos were jet lagged and had a tummy bug.
Why in the world then are we sending out Vuka who is ordinary (being kind) on a good day?
That press conference gave me zero confidence we are making any hardcore changes for next weekend. We shouldn’t be “dusting ourselves off”, I’m not sure what kind of magic he’s expecting?
i do think we’ve got a decent squad in there.. we’ve seen it. But F me, a hard, cold shake up is needed to find it.
Only 2 of the Socceroos started and 1 was in goals. That doesn’t explain the apathy of the first half from the other 9 starting players. I know we tend to get more done in the second half but that doesn’t mean we can just waste half a game.

LFCMariners

Considering some of the other matches from this first weekend back, I'm not too concerned- yet.

This was their FFA Cup Final for the other lot, they would have been gearing up for this fixture especially for a while with no players away on NT duty, and were it not for the post and a controversial overturned goal, they still would've walked away empty-handed. CCM were patchy and had the hallmarks of a side that were out of the rhythm of playing regular competitive fixtures.

Got another game this coming weekend and then have a second crack at them in 10 days. Let's see what changes in the next week.

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

Not a good day at the office. Foul mood walking out of that one, not improved by listening to the scum active gleefully belt out chants.

Today left me wondering if Monty knows his best eleven. And the subs really f**ked with my chi.

How Beni this season is starting over Kuol is beyond me. Am i crazy? Who do people think is more likely to score out of Tulio and Kuol? Or provide an assist for that matter. So what is the argument for Tulio over Kuol, his defending?? Tulio tbf does some classy work, but also some silly and poor work too. He's a mixed bag. Still looks like he should be a sub to me.

Then we have Ayongo, runs like the liquid metal terminator sure, but he doesn't dribble, rarely offers any meaningful link play, or assists or finishing product... so again, very hard to argue he should be in front of players like Ruhs, Kuol or Silvera isn't it?

Cummings clearly wanted to keep playing and didn't look gassed. And considering he scored 5 minutes prior. I felt pretty inclined to support his case. And with all that possession around their box in the last 30, bit of a shame we had no one capable of a decent shot from outside the box besides Kuol. Speaking of who... whenever he's been an impact sub, who has Kuol come on and combined the best with? Cummings. Who was now no longer on.

Maybe the Visa players are out training the others? Little more class really makes a difference when the intensity and stakes are down a notch in training.

Then you have Ballards sub. Which I might have understood if he was subbed after the first half, but he came back on with such passion, he was immense and felt critical in helping turn the game in the second half... until he was subbed for Steele. Fresh legs presumably. So maybe forced. But Max appeared fine and is clearly an infinitely better attacking player than Harry which is what we needed at this point.

Triantis off because he was a yellow or because he got injured in that tackle?

Whatever the case, very frustrating game and the subs seemed a mess to me.

Tactics... I couldn't tell what our plan for the scum was. Our play was so inconsistent. I'm sure Monty had a plan though, so that has to be mostly on the players. But tactically we did once again manage to prove that you will struggle badly whenever you face an energised opponent ifyou're outnumbered in the midfield.

But all that aside, unfortunately from early on to me at least, it seemed to have all those painfully familiar signs that the football gods woke up in a shit mood and decided to punish us. One of those classically cursed games where every bounce and deflection seems to break for the opponent and everything else from the sideline and the woodwork, to the VAR and referee... are all playing for the opponent.

I mean seriously, who robs Nisbet of his second and possibly last goal. That's some seriously Loki shit right there. Hilarious finish btw. More like a golf putt than a strike. Was laughing my ass off.

Biggest positive in that game to me was Hall coming back to form.

On the second goal. Need another look to be fair to Danny, but from what I could tell live, I think many other professional keepers get a hand on that.

Real shame not get a win and good vibe leading into this big run of home games.

Last edited:

StensnessGOAT

I just hope its a one off poor peformance
Idk if I’m being harsh or asking too much, but anyone else sick of this crap? I’m sick of dropping points (and usually 3 of them) to teams that we have no business dropping points too. Perth, Macarthur and now Newcastle, all at home. It’s not a one off, it’s happened three times in six games. We should not be losing to Newcastle, especially at home. We are both small regional clubs without great funding, but we actually have a model in which we build our squad upon. We have the best academy in the league by a country mile. We have a model of constant quality youth promotion and it’s seen us make two finals series in a row. Meanwhile, Newcastle have what? I swear they don’t have a model, they just sign whatever half decent footballers that are willing to live in Newcastle. They don’t have any model, they don’t have any long term objectives, this is the same rabble of a team that old mate unleashed upon on A-League’s All Access for sub-standard performances weekly. How the hell did they beat a team with as much direction and objective as us, when they have none. f**k me.

StensnessGOAT

Our imports who we are investing good dollars are sadly not pulling their salary weight. If they did we would be at least seven points better on the table.
Tulio and especially Ayongo are offering f**k all. Nkololo is now virtually a liability this season after promising so much last season.

I think for the most part Silvera has been pretty impressive this season, and I don’t see why he wouldn’t be starting ahead of those three. Silvera has earned a starting spot in my eyes, especially given the lack of competition for a spot from the others. Kuol obviously as well, especially the form of some of the others is just further ramming home the case for him to start. Might as well start Ruhs as well instead of those guys. I’m really not convinced by Ayongo, Tulio might be an interesting bench option.

shipwreck

Monty loves Tulio.

Ayongo works hard af and gives us the press from the front option which is also why Monty loves him.

The problem we have now is that our bench players are making an impact and our starting players aren't, they then swap roles the next week and then play shit when they're starting.

The subs on the weekend made zero sense to me, Steele on for Max?

FFC Mariner

Not a good day at the office. Foul mood walking out of that one, not improved by listening to the scum active gleefully belt out chants.

Today left me wondering if Monty knows his best eleven. And the subs really f**ked with my chi.

How Beni this season is starting over Kuol is beyond me. Am i crazy? Who do people think is more likely to score out of Tulio and Kuol? Or provide an assist for that matter. So what is the argument for Tulio over Kuol, his defending?? Tulio tbf does some classy work, but also some silly and poor work too. He's a mixed bag. Still looks like he should be a sub to me.

Then we have Ayongo, runs like the liquid metal terminator sure, but he doesn't dribble, rarely offers any meaningful link play, or assists or finishing product... so again, very hard to argue he should be in front of players like Ruhs, Kuol or Silvera isn't it?

Cummings clearly wanted to keep playing and didn't look gassed. And considering he scored 5 minutes prior. I felt pretty inclined to support his case. And with all that possession around their box in the last 30, bit of a shame we had no one capable of a decent shot from outside the box besides Kuol. Speaking of who... whenever he's been an impact sub, who has Kuol come on and combined the best with? Cummings. Who was now no longer on.

Maybe the Visa players are out training the others? Little more class really makes a difference when the intensity and stakes are down a notch in training.

Then you have Ballards sub. Which I might have understood if he was subbed after the first half, but he came back on with such passion, he was immense and felt critical in helping turn the game in the second half... until he was subbed for Steele. Fresh legs presumably. So maybe forced. But Max appeared fine and is clearly an infinitely better attacking player than Harry which is what we needed at this point.

Tactics... I couldn't tell what our plan for the scum was. Our play was so inconsistent. I'm sure Monty had a plan though, so that has to be mostly on the players. But tactically we did once again manage to prove that you will struggle badly whenever you face an energised opponent ifyou're outnumbered in the midfield.

But all that aside, unfortunately from early on to me at least, it seemed to have all those painfully familiar signs that the football gods woke up in a shit mood and decided to punish us. One of those classically cursed games where every bounce and deflection seems to break for the opponent and everything else from the sideline and the woodwork, to the VAR and referee... are all playing for the opponent.

I mean seriously, who robs Nisbet of his second and possibly last goal. That's some seriously Loki shit right there. Hilarious finish btw. More like a golf putt than a strike. Was laughing my ass off.

On the second goal. Need another look to be fair to Danny, but from what I could tell live, I think many other professional keepers get a hand on that.

The goal was disallowed for a clear handball in the build up.
The real mistake is the ref didn't see it and give the free kick in the centre.

Yorkshire Mariners FC

The goal was disallowed for a clear handball in the build up.
The real mistake is the ref didn't see it and give the free kick in the centre.
Was it clear? Yes he hit the ball with his hand but the footage afterwards clearly shows Ruhs made that motion to stop the Kung Fu kick coming straight at him. Ruhs said as much to the opposition player in the footage. For me the free kick was our way first because of the high foot.

Tevor

Was it clear? Yes he hit the ball with his hand but the footage afterwards clearly shows Ruhs made that motion to stop the Kung Fu kick coming straight at him. Ruhs said as much to the opposition player in the footage. For me the free kick was our way first because of the high foot.
Just as the Ref called advantage on our behalf. Just like the dual ball if we didn’t score nothing happens and the game proceeds. The VAR in my opinion should not be involved in something that happened in the middle of the park. Another decision that only happens against us.

Big Al

Seemed a more sports science subs than game management. The heat and a few games in short time after not playing at that intensity for a few weeks.

Felt like easing players in and not killing main players in the heat

Still without the two goals they didn’t threaten. Especially in the second half. Felt like the only shot was yhe goal

shipwreck

VAR needs a cut off to when it can influence the game prior to a goal, a time limit of 15 seconds or something like they would work.

Playing devils advocate, what if a player commits a red card offence 15 seconds after they handball occurred? Would it not count because technically play has to go back to there? You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Allreet?

I've been too depressed to even think about the game, but my one comment is Kuol should've been on by half time and there was no plan at all to get the ball to him when he did come on.

Jeez...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb