• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

National Youth League Fixtures and Mariners youth team discussion

crock

peil obviously needs to be careful he doesnt get offside with fans early which im confident he wont obviously i knew with a new owners their would be changes but changing before academy finals isnt great or wise choice but peil is only new to the club so i believe its important to give him a chance

FFC Mariner

peil obviously needs to be careful he doesnt get offside with fans early which im confident he wont obviously i knew with a new owners their would be changes but changing before academy finals isnt great or wise choice but peil is only new to the club so i believe its important to give him a chance
I dont think he isnt being given a chance at all. 100% his decision to replace a coach. Its the method that is classless and unprofessional.
Walking someone on the spot is not unusual either - however it is usually accompanied by a glowing tribute (more glowing the more brutal the sacking) - its called class
To date the club havent even acknowledged the sacking

Meerkat

Wow. Far too many posts to even attempt to quote.
But in a nutshell..
Like many, I heard months ago Christo wasn’t returning next season because Wilshire would be taking over. So I don’t really believe he’s been sacked over the Peil kid.
However, whichever way you look at it, more than one person has been shafted because Peil has other plans and cutting the guy off before finals as a power play, honestly reeks. If that’s what happened.
Are Peil’s plans (bringing in his chosen staff etc) ones that will pay off and be ultimately successful? Well that remains to be seen.
But regardless, if ANY decisions start being made because of someone’s name .. or last name.. or because of who is footing the cash.. I honestly think we have a problem. That’s surely not who we are of what we are about?
For me as a fan… that’s what I would struggle to support.

bikinigirl

Just this.

. the problem is the club is failing to control the narrative

. no statement from the club allows assumptions and speculation to run wild. if Christo has gone on the eve of the finals they need to say something, if the rumour mill is in overdrive - they need to say something

. no statement only fuels the suggestion they have something to hide or be embarrassed about

Meerkat

. the problem is the club is failing to control the narrative

. no statement from the club allows assumptions and speculation to run wild. if Christo has gone on the eve of the finals they need to say something, if the rumour mill is in overdrive - they need to say something

. no statement only fuels the suggestion they have something to hide or be embarrassed about

Correct. And the huge delay in posting about the minor premiership wins and overall media silence for 24 hours just made it more odd.

Big Al

These are cut throat decisions of a successful businessman who gets what he wants and has stumped up the cash for the right.

The problem is we are a family club and there is genuine interaction between coaches players and some fans and not meaning to single you out @priorpeter but you are a significant link between club and fan base and give a fantastic insight that is greatly appreciated and I think you handle the difficulty of that fantasticly and from what i see don’t start the rumors but are very fair on both sides to what goes on and are happy to finish them. This gives us more casual fans a great insight that you don’t get at bigger clubs. (Please don’t see this as a negative Pete what you do is awesome and I think you get the balance spot on).

The problem for the club is when they do these things to people who are both nice and successful it’s not well received and this is the stuff a businessman would prefer to not be discussed. They want no one challenging their decisions.

Whether Christo was a dick or not he won the clubs first promotion (should have been given to us last year) and should finish the job after the finals regardless and should get recognition. It’s this decision that upsets the family of CCM. We are to smart to turn a blind eye.

I think Piel is doing some great things and is going to tread on a few toes and maybe the club needs that professionalism but you also must respect what we have built and there is a way to do things that we won’t accept without questions.

As mentioned by others we have punted maybe rather unfairly two excellent young coaches who have had great success in the academy that is so important to the club (under different regimes sure). This should be just as important to us as players.

Peil might still have a bit to learn about the coast and the club and i hope he is listening to the criticism.

FFC Mariner

These are cut throat decisions of a successful businessman who gets what he wants and has stumped up the cash for the right.

The problem is we are a family club and there is genuine interaction between coaches players and some fans and not meaning to single you out @priorpeter but you are a significant link between club and fan base and give a fantastic insight that is greatly appreciated and I think you handle the difficulty of that fantasticly and from what i see don’t start the rumors but are very fair on both sides to what goes on and are happy to finish them. This gives us more casual fans a great insight that you don’t get at bigger clubs. (Please don’t see this as a negative Pete what you do is awesome and I think you get the balance spot on).

The problem for the club is when they do these things to people who are both nice and successful it’s not well received and this is the stuff a businessman would prefer to not be discussed. They want no one challenging their decisions.

Whether Christo was a dick or not he won the clubs first promotion (should have been given to us last year) and should finish the job after the finals regardless and should get recognition. It’s this decision that upsets the family of CCM. We are to smart to turn a blind eye.

I think Piel is doing some great things and is going to tread on a few toes and maybe the club needs that professionalism but you also must respect what we have built and there is a way to do things that we won’t accept without questions.

As mentioned by others we have punted maybe rather unfairly two excellent young coaches who have had great success in the academy that is so important to the club (under different regimes sure). This should be just as important to us as players.

Peil might still have a bit to learn about the coast and the club and i hope he is listening to the criticism.
Excellent post. There is evidently a culture clash that will hopefully get worked through over time.
If you have got to his level of success without learning to let people go gracefully you probably aren't going to.

Kilsin

Maybe he deserved it? Maybe he didn't?

I preface this with not meaning to sound rude or disrespectful to anyone:

Does anyone actually know what happened, though? Or is it just guesses and assumptions trying to put things together?

It's not great timing, sure, but we have absolutely nothing to go on other than the fact we know he was let go at the end of the season, and that's it. Maybe his contract release stipulated "no finals" due to conflict of interest; what if it was against WSW?

It's pretty hard to form an opinion or discuss it properly if we don't have any other facts than that.

Does someone closer to the club have any information they can share? Is it worth reaching out to the club for comment after stating community concerns?

Is this a completely innocent and agreed-upon deal between the parties involved?

Ironbark

Does anyone actually know what happened, though? Or is it just guesses and assumptions trying to put things together?

It's not great timing, sure, but we have absolutely nothing to go on other than the fact we know he was let go at the end of the season, and that's it. Maybe his contract release stipulated "no finals" due to conflict of interest; what if it was against WSW?

It's pretty hard to form an opinion or discuss it properly if we don't have any other facts than that.

Does someone closer to the club have any information they can share? Is it worth reaching out to the club for comment after stating community concerns?

Is this a completely innocent and agreed-upon deal between the parties involved?
This was what I intended with my post before - you said it much better Kilsin

marinermick

I think enough has been posted from various people that you can work it out yourself.

If you think that one individual will come on here and spell it out word for word for you, then you are dreaming. It is quite plain and obvious why people would not want to expose themselves to the potential consequences.

COYY

Christo was left in the dark about next season but knew the writing was on the wall once Wilkshire started to show up to training. Long term plan likely to be Wilkshire A League Head Coach (which was the plan with Peil and the Canberra bid). If Monty and Sergio don't have a successful season the succesion plan is in place.

To win the league only to be replaced by a coach whos team came 4th last in NPL would be a hard pill to take for any coach. Hopefully he gets a good job somewhere else.

Meerkat

Christo was left in the dark about next season but knew the writing was on the wall once Wilkshire started to show up to training. Long term plan likely to be Wilkshire A League Head Coach (which was the plan with Peil and the Canberra bid). If Monty and Sergio don't have a successful season the succesion plan is in place.

To win the league only to be replaced by a coach whos team came 4th last in NPL would be a hard pill to take for any coach. Hopefully he gets a good job somewhere else.

I don’t care what the reasonings are.. but that’s 100% not how you treat people.

priorpeter

Not entirely true. He was aware that he wouldn’t be here next season.

priorpeter

Thanks bud - certainly didn’t take that as a negative at all and appreciate your kind words!

There is obviously a lot that I can’t share directly, but this is certainly a pretty messy situation.

FFC Mariner

Already has I believe but nothing has been announced.
Pod alluded to it and we must all hope he doesn't poach too many

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred