• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

National Youth League Fixtures and Mariners youth team discussion

priorpeter

Quite happy to see Lucas Vilela get a fair crack, but the more I think this through the more I want to see the return of Ben Cahn
I’d love to see it, but he’d be mental to consider it. At a huge NPL Vic club with a massive budget, a club who are very much in the mix for a spot in the NSD. Sure he could come back here with the promise of a well-overdue A-League gig when Mont inevitably gets snapped up overseas, but I’m sure he’d have a hard time believing anything after getting screwed over by Paolo and greedy Ivan.

That said, if it happens, I’ll be frothing.

Ironbark

I’d love to see it, but he’d be mental to consider it. At a huge NPL Vic club with a massive budget, a club who are very much in the mix for a spot in the NSD. Sure he could come back here with the promise of a well-overdue A-League gig when Mont inevitably gets snapped up overseas, but I’m sure he’d have a hard time believing anything after getting screwed over by Paolo and greedy Ivan.

That said, if it happens, I’ll be frothing.
Yeah I think this too

Big Al

2 nil up against Sutherland with 10 to go
Drew 2-2
Going to be a very long season
And they never looked likely till that bloke danced through 3 defenders.
kuzeski has to be a bit smarter as well and win the ball like he did then change direction for the open side line to win the ball clean and waste time. He was trying to run through the whole team like we were down. Lost the ball and we get caught out from it.

Also should have buried a few half chances. The attack doesn’t look great or have much feel for each other. Feels more like individuals trying to get seen for the 1st team than playing as a team.

The coach swapping is a very obvious disaster. Will be some pissed off players not getting proper coaching. Obviously they come here to get a crack at the first team but the coach has to implement a game plan to suit everyone and get them playing better team play.

FFC Mariner

And they never looked likely till that bloke danced through 3 defenders.
kuzeski has to be a bit smarter as well and win the ball like he did then change direction for the open side line to win the ball clean and waste time. He was trying to run through the whole team like we were down. Lost the ball and we get caught out from it.

Also should have buried a few half chances. The attack doesn’t look great or have much feel for each other. Feels more like individuals trying to get seen for the 1st team than playing as a team.

The coach swapping is a very obvious disaster. Will be some pissed off players not getting proper coaching. Obviously they come here to get a crack at the first team but the coach has to implement a game plan to suit everyone and get them playing better team play.
We need an out and out striker - looks like we dont have one

priorpeter

Lachie Bayliss was elite up front last season, now playing CM….. why?
He also played a lot of last season in CM. With James Bayliss unavailable yesterday due to AL selection, Lachie slotted back in there as the best option to give us a bit of drive forward in the middle of the park.

Personally I don’t see him as a number 9. More of a hybrid 10/8 with a sprinkling of a 9 and 1/2.

FFC Mariner

He also played a lot of last season in CM. With James Bayliss unavailable yesterday due to AL selection, Lachie slotted back in there as the best option to give us a bit of drive forward in the middle of the park.

Personally I don’t see him as a number 9. More of a hybrid 10/8 with a sprinkling of a 9 and 1/2.
and potentially a damn good one too. Think Niz further up the pitch. Top player

Rising Sun

Agree Lachie is more effective when he plays a bit deeper. Problem is we haven't had an effective genuine 9 for a couple of years now

Rising Sun

We died in the last 20 minutes. Sat there and watched us fade out. Did we even try to score in the second half?

absolute grub of a team too. Supporters behind us were horrid.

Bottled it. ?
It was a hot humid day and there were plenty running on empty at the end. As a full time team we should have an edge in fitness (and tbh it has been a get out of jail card a few times over the years at the back end of games) but that didn't seem the case yesterday

FFC Mariner

Someone needed to chop down old mate who waltzed through everyone like they were statues fpr their 1st.

A good foul its called. Take the card, hang on for the win

Plenty of time outside the box

Meerkat

I
We need an out and out striker - looks like we dont have one
bayliss
It was a hot humid day and there were plenty running on empty at the end. As a full time team we should have an edge in fitness (and tbh it has been a get out of jail card a few times over the years at the back end of games) but that didn't seem the case yesterday
yes.. but they were all playing in the same conditions. The other team had virtually nothing until we dropped off and they started firing.
I mean, football wise. They were plenty firing otherwise prior to that. ?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami