• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

National Youth League Fixtures and Mariners youth team discussion

shipwreck

Where did the previous coach go?

Peil seemed absolutely obsessed with Wilkshire at the start of all this, he was awkwardly included in video interviews, openly stated that he would be the next Monty and his "elite level" experience with the Socceroos was key in the future of the clubs youth development.... Something has gone very wrong here to reverse all that only 2 games in.

Rising Sun

I'd love to see one of the old boys given the chance.
Me too but the role is too critical to the success of the club just to be a sentimental choice. Needs to be a fully badged, experienced and high calibre coach. Hutch is the logical choice as an old boy that meets those criteria - and would bring the same passion to the role that Monty did.

Get the head coach right and there might be more room for flexibility in the assistant role (dump Elrich). If Simmo wants to do his badges then I would love to see a Hutch-Simmo team replicating the Monty-Serge combo

Ben10

Me too but the role is too critical to the success of the club just to be a sentimental choice. Needs to be a fully badged, experienced and high calibre coach. Hutch is the logical choice as an old boy that meets those criteria - and would bring the same passion to the role that Monty did.

Get the head coach right and there might be more room for flexibility in the assistant role (dump Elrich). If Simmo wants to do his badges then I would love to see a Hutch-Simmo team replicating the Monty-Serge combo
oh lordy yes

Hello Sailor

Agreed, but given the club's business model and the success of Monty, mostly we need someone with a track record of identifying rough diamonds and developing them. I'm not sure if Hutch has done this. I'd like Monty to help identify an appropriate successor when the time comes.

JoyfulPenguin

Agreed, but given the club's business model and the success of Monty, mostly we need someone with a track record of identifying rough diamonds and developing them. I'm not sure if Hutch has done this. I'd like Monty to help identify an appropriate successor when the time comes.
Hutch comes with a pretty good resume though, Academy experience with the Seattle Sounders as well as being an assistant under Ange at Yokohama F. Marinos, as well as a full role at a USL side in America.

JoyfulPenguin

As much as I would love to see Hutch back at the club, I can’t see him effectively taking a backward step level-wise to coach youth.
If he hasn't been approached for the NSD already he might be willing if there is a promise of Monty's job when he goes?

Michael

As much as I would love to see Hutch back at the club, I can’t see him effectively taking a backward step level-wise to coach youth.
This is unfortunately 100% correct. I guess the only thing in our favour is there’s not a heap of $$$ in the USL.
Could pay overs and maybe with the hope of eventually getting the aleague gig when Monty eventually moves on could be a lure. And being back home.

but then again, Monty doesn’t seem to in a rush to move anywhere anytime soon IMO

Rising Sun

Monty and Serge had to be able to identify and develop the rough diamonds because pretty much the only kids we could recruit were local ones and the ones other clubs rejected / missed.

One thing we have going now is that we rank highly as a "club of choice" for elite young players. For example we have had 4 of the current / recent Joeys squads join us in the last few months.

Rising Sun

This is unfortunately 100% correct. I guess the only thing in our favour is there’s not a heap of $$$ in the USL.
Could pay overs and maybe with the hope of eventually getting the aleague gig when Monty eventually moves on could be a lure. And being back home.

but then again, Monty doesn’t seem to in a rush to move anywhere anytime soon IMO
Hutch got punted from his role in the US - he is currently has a role as head coach (but he is the the #2 guy - the head guy has the title "manager") to a club newly promoted to the J-League. So Ozhammer is right, it would be a backward step CV wise coming here

JoyfulPenguin

Hutch got punted from his role in the US - he is currently has a role as head coach (but he is the the #2 guy - the head guy has the title "manager") to a club newly promoted to the J-League. So Ozhammer is right, it would be a backward step CV wise coming here
The official reason given for him leaving his USL club was his kids, if that's actually true it might be a point in our favour.

Rising Sun

The official reason given for him leaving his USL club was his kids, if that's actually true it might be a point in our favour.
That always felt like a cover story for him being punted, and the fact his next gig was in Japan more or less confirms it. The point still stands though.

Didn't realise he had gone to Japan as a #2 until I had a look this morning, thought he was just one of a few assistants. Would make it a bigger call to come back here

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred