• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

National Youth League Fixtures and Mariners youth team discussion

Ozhammer

There has to be more to this story than him just taking an opportunity with the national set up surely? If Rich was blowing in his ear about being Monty’s successor, why would he not bide his time with us and show his ability as head coach of our youth?

I hope this warns Rich off bringing him back if/when Monty moves on, if that’s the extent of his loyalty……

Last edited:

turbo

There has to be more to this story than him just taking an opportunity with the national set up surely? If Rich was blowing in his ear about being Monty’s successor, why would he not bode his time with us and show his ability as head coach of our youth?

I hope this warns Rich off bringing him back if/when Monty moves on, if that’s the extent of his loyalty……
Tbh I would look at it more like he’s been given a bit of a nudge and landed in a jobs for the boys situation. I have zero inside knowledge but if you compare the roles you would think the long term project with us was a solid move for him so to leave to that kind of role doesn’t make much sense unless he’s been told he isn’t up to scratch.

gemkayem

There has to be more to this story than him just taking an opportunity with the national set up surely? If Rich was blowing in his ear about being Monty’s successor, why would he not bode his time with us and show his ability as head coach of our youth?

Yep jobs for the boys isn’t always the best policy

JoyfulPenguin

My thoughts also. Sense of relief at the timing, my gut says he wasn't going to do well. Just such a shame we let such quality go in Cristo et al.

Would be thrilled if we could lure Ben Can back
Ben Cahn or Hutch should be the target, especially if whoever is there is being groomed to takeover from Monty eventually.

Doubt Cahn would come back though, getting big financial backing from the Melbourne Knights at the moment and they will no doubt be prime candidates for the NSD.

Rising Sun

Not sure he chose to go
I think you can put the mortgage on him having had no say in the matter.

The job he is going to is as assistant to the assistant for one tournament only, next month.

Unless the FA have offered him a good gig after this tournament (and bearing in mind all the key head coach and assistant coaching roles at all NT age levels are recent appointments) then why would he give up his gig at the mariners for a couple of weeks putting the cones out for Trevor Morgan

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred