• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

National Youth League Fixtures and Mariners youth team discussion

JoyfulPenguin

Really not a great second half performance, completly dominated and anemic going forward. We seemed to go ahead and think we had won it. Hopefully a learning experience.

Pat Beach saved everything he could possibly save and was terrific. Arambasic had some good moments and Lachlan Bayliss did well to assist Milicevic who finished with a hell of a strike. Lachlan Bayliss could have had another assist with better finishing from Milicevic as well.

What's a pass mark for Wilkshire this year? Keeping us in the NPL? Producing x amount of players for the first team? As he is our next anointed saviour I expected a bit more but perhaps this is only rough start with a young team.

Nik Mrdjas Disco Bikkie

Taking the premiership winning team and getting knocked out of the finals in straight sets was more than a rough start. Getting flogged by the coach that was forced out last season in round one doesn’t look great either. I think we should be aiming higher than avoiding relegation, especially since he’s supposedly taking over from Monty one day. I’d love to be proven wrong, but I’d grade him an F so far. Can only get better from here. (Right?)

Rising Sun

His primary objective is player development - improving skills, improving tactical awareness / decision making, addressing weaknesses and ensuring players understand what is required of an ALM player both off and on the field.

That might sometimes mean making decisions where player development is prioritised over results - e.g. picking the best long term prospect for developmental reasons over a player who is currently better but has probably reached the peak of what he will achieve. But whilst results is a secondary consideration, achieving the development goals will be best achieved playing against the highest standard of opposition - so avoiding relegation is an absolute must. And more than that, we need to be at least moderately competitive against the top teams - it won't help development if it is just a training run for the powerhouse clubs when they play us.

So mid table for me and maintain the incredibly high bar that has been set - by Monty and Serge in particular - for developing players ready to move up to ALM

marinermick

Really not a great second half performance, completly dominated and anemic going forward. We seemed to go ahead and think we had won it. Hopefully a learning experience.

Pat Beach saved everything he could possibly save and was terrific. Arambasic had some good moments and Lachlan Bayliss did well to assist Milicevic who finished with a hell of a strike. Lachlan Bayliss could have had another assist with better finishing from Milicevic as well.

What's a pass mark for Wilkshire this year? Keeping us in the NPL? Producing x amount of players for the first team? As he is our next anointed saviour I expected a bit more but perhaps this is only rough start with a young team.

I don’t think he is out next anointed saviour. I don’t see him having much tenure at this club. Probably won’t see the season out.

We have played what is probably two of the weakest teams in the comp and couldn’t win. Things might get ugly when we play the Olympics, Blacktowns and APIAs.

sydmariner

And he’s gone. Probably not great we ditched so many previous coaches in the changing of the guard.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred