• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

National Youth League Fixtures and Mariners youth team discussion

Big Dog

Yep, been a tough week for the Bayliss brothers.
Really feel for James today. Has worked so hard to come back from his shoulder injury which limited his opportunities in the first team. Thought he made the most of them when he came in. Was told end of this month he’d need to find another club and now has done his other shoulder. Was very distraught.
Such a great kid. Football can be cruel

Meerkat

Both Baylisses have been absolutely immense this NPL season and I’d have thought were a shoo-in for A-League contracts. Delighted Lachie could be the game winner today as he so often is. Beyond me how he’s not worth a scholarship renewal but that’s well above my pay grade.
Heartbroken for Jimmy with the shoulder today.
Noticed lachie Bayliss didn’t even get a mention in the post gameCoach interview. Two assists, two goals.. not a word.
Hope it doesn’t bite us in the butt.
Poor Jimmy ?

priorpeter

Noticed lachie Bayliss didn’t even get a mention in the post gameCoach interview. Two assists, two goals.. not a word.
Hope it doesn’t bite us in the butt.
Poor Jimmy ?
The interviews usually go for about 4-5 minutes per coach so the journo can only use a couple of quotes from each. In fairness, Lachie (rightfully) got the headline and the byline in the match report.
I’m told next week will be Lachie’s last game here. Glad we’ll get one more chance to see him in our colours. Hope he turns it on again like he has so many times for us. Kid is a weapon; I’m gutted to see him go.

scottmac

Suspended
Let's be honest, the backing of those on this site does not and has not guaranteed a successful career. I'll put my faith in those that actually get paid to make the decisions. They seem to be doing fairly good lately...... There must be a few others that look better, or will look better, or will BE better coming through.

Meerkat

The interviews usually go for about 4-5 minutes per coach so the journo can only use a couple of quotes from each. In fairness, Lachie (rightfully) got the headline and the byline in the match report.
I’m told next week will be Lachie’s last game here. Glad we’ll get one more chance to see him in our colours. Hope he turns it on again like he has so many times for us. Kid is a weapon; I’m gutted to see him go.
Very true Pete. After I commented I thought I probably should go looking for the full interview.

Devastating really. Have been enjoying watching both Bayliss boys for the last few seasons. Good on you for championing both of them, like you do everybody else deserving. Honest, fair and reliable viewpoint.

Insertnamehere

Is there a reason they can't stay on?

Michael

The older Bayliss would be over age for youth soon, no? It’s a massive shame he’s done his shoulder again. Outside of that his path to the first team is cluttered with max, niz, tapp and steeley. and the fullback spots are full. Still sucks.
Younger Bayliss… that’s actually pissed me off. He’s been the main man for the academy for the best part of 2 seasons. Hope for his sake he gets a crack else where. 100% good enough. You can see plain as day he has a great hard working attitude too. That sucks massively.
I assume sunmola is gone too? Haven’t noticed him for a few weeks and seems like arambasic has taken his spot? I personally rate arambasic more than Sunmola.

Big Dog

My understanding is that Lachlan is here until the end of the NPL season and James was here until end of June. Maybe things have changed.

Perhaps less scholarships being offered for next season which makes decisions more difficult.

Michael

My understanding is that Lachlan is here until the end of the NPL season and James was here until end of June. Maybe things have changed.

Perhaps less scholarships being offered for next season which makes decisions more difficult.
Who else is leaving?

priorpeter

I may have mixed messages - was told that they would be here till the end of June but if LB is seeing out the season that’s good news at least.
Yinka is gone already. Interested to see what Arambasic can bring with some more game time, a very different dynamic up top to Yinka.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred