• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

National Youth League Fixtures and Mariners youth team discussion

TC Redline

Agree. Took my old man down to watch yesterday for the first time and we really enjoyed it and it was such a contrast of styles between the 2 teams and the standard was great. Mariners were super nippy and sharp and at the back with Windust and the other central defender being awesome and won pretty much everything in the air. Spirit for large parts were probably the better team without creating a lot but we broke so fast and scored with nearly every opportunity which was awesome to see. Bayliss was fantastic and our number 7 was really good too and definitely will go back. Don’t miss those cold nights mid 80’s training at Pluim though and yesterday would have been pretty cold if that was a night game.
The other thing that just popped into my head for some reason from that game was the synchronised screaming of the word “HEY“ by the whole Spirit team. It was like that was the main part of the way they were coached and even they had a 3 on 2 break away and stopped to go and whinge at the ref about a tackle. Was really strange to watch how much and how often they whinged and screamed HEY where the Mariners got on with it and played to the whistle which was a pleasure to watch.

priorpeter

the attack of the NPL side is top shelf .
lochie bayliss could be an A league class 10
Segreto is a genuine free kick threat not seen at ccm for quite a while
Di pizio is 17
Sunmola has been a handful everytime

good times at pluim park
Unfortunately Lachie’s been told his scholarship isn’t being renewed. Massive, massive shame as he’s one of the brightest prospects to have come through over the years IMO. Was almost unplayable on the weekend.
Sunmola has also been told his scholarship isn’t being renewed and has left.

shipwreck

Is this because the funds for scholarships is drying up? Wasn't it exclusively that Treglifero (no idea how to spell it) guy that was funding it?

Michael

Is this because the funds for scholarships is drying up? Wasn't it exclusively that Treglifero (no idea how to spell it) guy that was funding it?
Surely not, well I hope surely not. Anton is super passionate about the academy and if his support is drying up we’re in strife.

I think these are just tough football decisions.

The Bayliss boys played in newy in the past, can’t help but feel like they end up back there. I hope they’re not lost into the NPL maze.

Big Dog

I think these are just tough football decisions.

The Bayliss boys played in newy in the past, can’t help but feel like they end up back there. I hope they’re not lost into the NPL maze.

I think you're right. Tough football decisions to be made according to the budget, age of the players and where to invest your resources. Many see the potential in the Bayliss brothers but if they are A-league quality then surely it will shine through in NPL and they will be picked up. They are both still young. Huge setback for James though with the shoulder njury.

true believer

Unfortunately Lachie’s been told his scholarship isn’t being renewed. Massive, massive shame as he’s one of the brightest prospects to have come through over the years IMO. Was almost unplayable on the weekend.
Sunmola has also been told his scholarship isn’t being renewed and has left.
i think it's a poor discission . then again i didn't manage the least funded A league side.
to win the championship over . the oil billionaires

pjennings

i think it's a poor discission . then again i didn't manage the least funded A league side.
to win the championship over . the oil billionaires
Football is tough. Would the Bayliss boys bring us transfer fees OS? Or will they end up ALM or NPL players? They can still make a good career in the ALM but sadly it seems not with us. The realisation that we are a selling club means the club has to balance opportunities for young players at the club, with attracting the best young players that will lead to good/better results and hopefully more income in transfer fees to sustain the club.

Big Dog

Its a reality for all players on the threshold of the age limitations for Academy sides. From a club perspective do I invest in them for another year in the hope they make the A-league standard or put that towards a full of potential 20yr old and invest a couple of years into him.

Kripple

The academy fund was set up by Ken S. Not sure of the name of the guy he got to fund it but the deal was $200K a year to fund 5 academy players. New owner decided he wanted to change the model and spread it between 10 players. The guy funding it walked from what I have heard.

Michael

The academy fund was set up by Ken S. Not sure of the name of the guy he got to fund it but the deal was $200K a year to fund 5 academy players. New owner decided he wanted to change the model and spread it between 10 players. The guy funding it walked from what I have heard.
Wasn’t Anton the one that’s been funding the scholarships?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred