• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

National Youth League Fixtures and Mariners youth team discussion

Rising Sun

I may have mixed messages - was told that they would be here till the end of June but if LB is seeing out the season that’s good news at least.
Yinka is gone already. Interested to see what Arambasic can bring with some more game time, a very different dynamic up top to Yinka.
Both were on scholarships for the 22-23 season so I assume these expire at the end of the June and they had to sign a new contract of some form of they wanted to stay on.

Great news if we have kept LB until the end of the season but obviously not rated as highly among the coaching staff as he is on here. Different styles but I don't understand why either Sunmola or Duarte got a shot on the ALM bench ahead of him

FFC Mariner

Just wish there was better communication in regard to academy player movements tbh. I understand there’s probably reasons why it’s minimal. Still annoying though, always has been.
Thanks to Pete and Big Dog and anyone else who’s in the know for keeping us informed.
CCM have always ignored comms about the academy (except the 47 facebook updates after games that they dont attend)
Not sure if its cultural, financial or they cant be arsed (or a combination of all 3)
Either way it has been piss poor for years

Big Dog

Probably won't ever happen but I'd love to see the Academy play curtain raisers when the seasons overlap. I know there were a couple of games that were played after but it's not the same. I guess there are economic reasons against it but before builds an atmosphere to the A-league game and is at a time where the families can come and watch

Tevor

Probably won't ever happen but I'd love to see the Academy play curtain raisers when the seasons overlap. I know there were a couple of games that were played after but it's not the same. I guess there are economic reasons against it but before builds an atmosphere to the A-league game and is at a time where the families can come and watch
Yeah before the a league would suit me more than after.

Ancient Mariner

I spoke to Sean about this and he said it was going to happen but the Youth would play after the main game to preserve the pitch for the big boys.

AJames

turbo

Meerkat

FFC Mariner

TC Redline

It’s a shame as the Academy is great for your football fix in the off season and also to get a peak at the talent coming through. If they ramped up the media in the off season I’m sure the popularity of the Academy would increase three fold.
Agree. Took my old man down to watch yesterday for the first time and we really enjoyed it and it was such a contrast of styles between the 2 teams and the standard was great. Mariners were super nippy and sharp and at the back with Windust and the other central defender being awesome and won pretty much everything in the air. Spirit for large parts were probably the better team without creating a lot but we broke so fast and scored with nearly every opportunity which was awesome to see. Bayliss was fantastic and our number 7 was really good too and definitely will go back. Don’t miss those cold nights mid 80’s training at Pluim though and yesterday would have been pretty cold if that was a night game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred