• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

No Griffiths?

gull

Fox sports are carrying a story that Joel Griffiths has an injured hamstring and may miss the second leg.

Here is the link (hope it works!). http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23166263-5000940,00.html

P

Pete

Allegedly out of Socceroos squad for the injury, but the 'injury' could have been used as an excuse for him not making the final squad (I'd expect though, that Virbeek would have liked to have given him a run at some stage). Wait and see....

No Griffiths for the return leg at Bluetongue would be noice, but would not hand us the match and the Grand Final berth.(They can, if they want to, try to defend the 2-0 win in the first leg - and field 10 defenders!)

tyson

id rather beat them WITH griffiths.

give them no excuses. give them no faith. put them in doubt. crush their spirits.
football is a massive mental game... (refer to Aust v. Uruguay in WCQ)

tyson

Maybe GVE is getting worried. I can't see any other reason to play stupid mind games with a 2-0 lead.

S

soccersensei

infirmus said:
Sorry Adam will still play, maybe score against you again :D

Adam? LOL. Didn't your mother teach you about lightning striking twice in the same spot floppius?

The tackle slapper has a 50/50 chance of playing the Jets camp are saying, with GVE attacking the lack of care "Griffo" received at Socceroo camp :vomit:

Tyson I agree, we don't need Joel out to beat them, (though they absolutely need him in to win) and from all the wanking go on, looks like a good humbling is well overdue.

Deej

From the dug out said:
Just spoke to someone, who knows....

They said that Griffo is less than 50% chance if the pitch is wet.

I don't care if he plays or not.....the boys know what they need to do.

Newieutd

tyson said:
Maybe GVE is getting worried. I can't see any other reason to play stupid mind games with a 2-0 lead.

maybe its not mind games and he is injured and may not play

Alicia

Newieutd said:
tyson said:

maybe its not mind games and he is injured and may not play

As of today, star striker, Joel Griffiths, is around an 80% chance of playing, but will have to complete a training session on Saturday morning in order to play some part in the game. New signing and Korean Youth Intenational, Song Jin-Hyung, may also get his first time on the pitch in Jets colours. The young midfielder has been training regularly with the team for some three weeks, and now has the clearance to play his first game.

Newcastle Jets Squad: 1. Ante COVIC, 2. Adam GRIFFITHS, 3. Jade NORTH (C), 5. Stuart MUSIALIK, 6. Andrew DURANTE, 8. Matt THOMPSON, 9. Joel GRIFFITHS, 10, DENNI, 11. Tarek ELRICH, 13. Adam DAPUZZO, 14. Jobe WHEELHOUSE, 17. Troy HEARFIELD, 18. Noel SPENCER, 19. Mark BRIDGE, 20. Ben KENNEDY, 23. Jason HOFFMAN, 25. James HOLLAND, 28. Jin-Hyung SONG. (* three to be omitted)

http://www.newcastlejets.com.au/default.aspx?s=njfc_club_newsitem&id=21382

dibo

thomas477 said:
Griffith is 80% of playing

no, really?

Alicia said:
As of today, star striker, Joel Griffiths, is around an 80% chance of playing, but will have to complete a training session on Saturday morning in order to play some part in the game.

http://www.newcastlejets.com.au/default.aspx?s=njfc_club_newsitem&id=21382

read the thread next time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred