• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Other A league games 2022/23

Tevor

Definitely worth it even if you know the result. Highlights wouldn’t do it justice
Yeah that was an Evans special for the first hand ball, Hill was scathing of the decision by both Ref and VAR which he normally does not show so much disagreement. Was priceless watching Alf miss both. Evans would have the most number of controversial games of any of the current officials even out doing Ams in my opinion. He should be replaced.

Also watched the City v Homeless, woeful defending and should have been a flogging.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Yeah that was an Evans special for the first hand ball,

How do you figure?

It hit his hand on the way through before the other bloke headed it into his back - pretty clear handball when you're jumping with arms straight up in the air.

Honestly, out of the 2 penalties and 2 red cards, it was only the first red (second yellow) that looked like a shocker. The others were correct (although putting your hands on another player's throat is usually let go in this league, even though it really should be a red)

Tevor

How do you figure?

It hit his hand on the way through before the other bloke headed it into his back - pretty clear handball when you're jumping with arms straight up in the air.

Honestly, out of the 2 penalties and 2 red cards, it was only the first red (second yellow) that looked like a shocker. The others were correct (although putting your hands on another player's throat is usually let go in this league, even though it really should be a red)
I didn't see the first touch as the commentators and P- were focusing on the ball into his back, I don't watch many mini matches but the replays of goals and incidents are very poor quality. I watched three mini's and the replays were all terrible and blury compared to the normal camera.

I was ok with Kraev's two yellows as the second as a 50/50 but you don't do that when you are on a yellow, it was clumsy and he paid the price. I thought Pennington's was the most controversial, should have been a yellow for Burgess and Pennington. The grabbing by the neck accusation is not accurate in my opinion.

turbo

You must have been the only one that saw it. Everything seemed to be about the contact after it was headed into him. Not saying you're wrong btw. Transparency still leaves a lot to be desired and could avoid so many hedaches.

The first red was pretty harsh and the second one was hard to reconcile because as you say its quite often overlooked (why did they start caring in that game?) and because Burgess was clearly the instigator and escaped with only a yellow. Give them both a red and we aren't talking about it.

Overall it's the sum of the decisions that stink and point at an issue. Sydney people will talk about the offside for Grant's goal but it's the only decision that was objective, the rest go their way.

Ozhammer

How do you figure?

I didn’t see any hand contact for the first penalty despite watching the vision repeatedly and the only angles on the TV don’t show any clear contact with Paine’s arm when the ball was returned towards goal. I can only hope that the VAR had access to vision that doesn’t get shown on P- otherwise there’s no way she could have ruled a handball.

true believer

another good result .

the ground , the jests and melbourne fake team number 2 .
are playing at ,is as farcical, as kurt ams . the AFL must be in stiches

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred