• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Paramount - Urgent action for members

turbo

The APL needs a huge season to start turning around this sinking ship. A few big name signings is not going to be enough. They need socials to be talking up Paramount not what is out there now.
Yeah this isnt a great start. What I would want to see is operational & tested updates including pause, reqind, start over etc.. before the season starts. Whether that's with a roos/matildas game or FFA cup i dont care but get it done. This season really is make or break for them.

turbo

SFC people on twitter saying league is "hopeful" that P+ won't screw them

CCM made the offer so fair trading actions against them not paramount
If paramount want to actively attack a huge chunk of their subscriber base they may as well save some money and shut the system down now. They're obviously useless but I dont see them going to war with their customers and the AL fan base.

FFC Mariner

AL clubs made the offer and havent delivered. The buck stops in 1 place. Why would P+ give a flying? They have enough decent content (and they do) that football is irrelevant to them

There are what? 120k AL club members, maybe 50k with the opportunity to get P+. I suspect they have crunched the nimbers and it isnt worth it as a freebie

turbo

AL clubs made the offer and havent delivered. The buck stops in 1 place. Why would P+ give a flying? They have enough decent content (and they do) that football is irrelevant to them

There are what? 120k AL club members, maybe 50k with the opportunity to get P+. I suspect they have crunched the nimbers and it isnt worth it as a freebie
I thought you were referring to the whole code expiry shambles. Yes the clubs were the ones advertising the P+ inclusion and it would be a bad look if they had to walk that back though I doubt they did it without some agreement from Paramount. Would not be a good sign for relations if P+ were becoming hostile to the APL and to be honest their product doesnt warrant them having any attitude whatsoever.

I dont think P+ is mature enough to look at dumping such a large number of subscriptions and their other content is meh.

FFC Mariner

Looks like this is beyond just ineptitude. This reeks of someone trying to wriggle out of a deal (not the AL clubs)
If costs have to be cut at P+ you could see some bean counter pulling the plug.

turbo

Looks like this is beyond just ineptitude. This reeks of someone trying to wriggle out of a deal (not the AL clubs)
If costs have to be cut at P+ you could see some bean counter pulling the plug.
I could definitely see it being bean counter logic about disappointing figures while completely ignoring how their extremely limited product has turned so many people off the platform. At a high level even on bean counter logic I would be saying implement proper live features like every other platform, give those freebies to show people you have it together and look to charge from next season. Remember they pitched to the AFL on this severely limited platform and thought they had a chance.

It doesnt make sense for P+ to be losing patience with football so quickly (main channel shift I can understand even though it sucks) unless they've got something in the works. I still feel like there could be something brewing like big bash moving from 7. If that happened all of a sudden football is less important.

Tevor

I thought you were referring to the whole code expiry shambles. Yes the clubs were the ones advertising the P+ inclusion and it would be a bad look if they had to walk that back though I doubt they did it without some agreement from Paramount. Would not be a good sign for relations if P+ were becoming hostile to the APL and to be honest their product doesnt warrant them having any attitude whatsoever.

I dont think P+ is mature enough to look at dumping such a large number of subscriptions and their other content is meh.
I know non football people who have P- so they are building their non football subscriptions and their general content will only improve every year that they take back their content previously shown on other platforms.

The situation is starting to hit critical, imagine the season launch and paid club members with no access to the platform they paid for. It couldn't get any worse. Perhaps the clubs should refund the subscription costs if they haven't already passed on the money to P- and allow people to sign up with P- outside of the membership arrangement. Its such a debacle and who wants to go through this every year.

Corsair

All very strange, I'd assumed it was some technical issue.

For both parties to not be saying what's going on when there is clearly a problem is very concerning.

At least they seem to be aware of the season start date....

Rising Sun

Old matey Danny GB said on his twitter account (in response to a question about this) 6 days ago "I believe an offer will be extended to club members next week". Make of that what you will. The language sounds like he is distancing himself / APL from the matter - couched more as passing on a bit of gossip he has heard rather than providing an update on something he is actively involved in finalising - so the "offer" may not be what we expect.

Tevor

Old matey Danny GB said on his twitter account (in response to a question about this) 6 days ago "I believe an offer will be extended to club members next week". Make of that what you will. The language sounds like he is distancing himself / APL from the matter - couched more as passing on a bit of gossip he has heard rather than providing an update on something he is actively involved in finalising - so the "offer" may not be what we expect.
The plot thickens. I kept paying for P- as I had no faith in the timings of the codes. Either way the club or P- will be refunding when this cluster is resolved. It must be bad when Turbo can’t put a positive spin on this situation ?

turbo

It must be bad when Turbo can’t put a positive spin on this situation
If it makes you feel any better most of this is twitter speculation. All we actually know is Paramount have been slow and seemingly painful for the APL to deal with as Iain has alluded to. Anything else is people getting ahead of themselves which has never happened before on the internet. Hanlon's razor might apply here rather than anything more sinister. Plenty of form there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred