• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Paramount - Urgent action for members

turbo

I'll just pay the $80 if they f**k us over.
Which is probably what they want
I would too, still decent value for a full season of A league, but it would be a big missed opportunity to show off an improved (they're going to improve... right?) platform to those that switched off after the shambolic start to last season. Get it right and they could up the price later on with more subscribers.

Corsair

If we don't end up getting codes before the season starts then I'll be asking for a $75 refund from the club as that's what they charge for a stand alone P+ add-on.

JoyfulPenguin

Yeah, 3000 odd members should ask for $75 back then complain we don’t spend the full cap
The problem is under the Australian Consumer Law the club has to provide the access to Paramount Plus or essentially be done for misleading and deceptive conduct.

I don't think anyone should ever try to get a refund from the club because of this. But people are well within their legal rights to. Seeking a refund when it is clearly not the club's fault would just damage the club, an outcome I am sure no member wants.

But this is the insane position Paramount has put basically all the clubs and thousands of members in.

Corsair

Our memberships are the cheapest in the league. I paid for membership to my club and the Paramount is a bonus. Look at yellow membership. $104, do you think the actual membership part is only worth $30?
What do you think the club is paying Paramount so that they can give us a subscription then? $0? Maybe that's why Paramount don't want to give us any codes.

The membership site is very clear about the inclusion of P+ in the price. If the codes show up at some point in the next 3 weeks before the first game of the season then that's fine (although irritating to be so late compared to last season).

What's really annoying is no communication on why they have not been sent already? What's the delay? Is it really that bad that we can't be told what's going on? Are P+ going to renege, are they just incompetent, have memberships been sold with a benefit that was not formally committed to by P+? etc.

Q. What about Paramount+ subscriptions being included in the memberships?

A. Paramount+ is included as a benefit in every full season membership. Those being Platinum, Gold, Navy, Yellow and Yellow Army. Each Adult and Concession member shall receive a Paramount+ code and each Family Membership shall receive 1 code. Each code grants 12 months of Paramount+ from the day you redeem the code. You can use new codes to update your current Paramount+ account with an extra 12 months.

Last edited:

FFC Mariner

What do you think the club is paying Paramount so that they can give us a subscription then? $0? Maybe that's why Paramount don't want to give us any codes.

The membership site is very clear about the inclusion of P+ in the price. If the codes show up at some point in the next 3 weeks before the first game of the season then that's fine (although irritating to be so late compared to last season).

What's really annoying is no communication on why they have not been sent already? What's the delay? Is it really that bad that we can't be told what's going on? Are P+ going to renege, are they just incompetent, have memberships been sold with a benefit that was not formally committed to by P+? etc.

Q. What about Paramount+ subscriptions being included in the memberships?

A. Paramount+ is included as a benefit in every full season membership. Those being Platinum, Gold, Navy, Yellow and Yellow Army. Each Adult and Concession member shall receive a Paramount+ code and each Family Membership shall receive 1 code. Each code grants 12 months of Paramount+ from the day you redeem the code. You can use new codes to update your current Paramount+ account with an extra 12 months.
I suspect clubs have been told to say nothing while the league negotiates on their behalf

turbo

I suspect clubs have been told to say nothing while the league negotiates on their behalf
When Iain said they couldn’t send the ‘cancel to avoid being billed’ email until the 11th hour it was pretty clear it was a directive from higher up in the APL. Obviously no one wants to say cancel your sub with our broadcaster unless they really have to so the APL would have been hoping P+ come to the party up until the last minute.

Corsair

Yes I agree and that's what I'm irritated about. It's coming over as the APL having this closed door no communication policy. Danny Townsend has basically said as much on his tweets about other issues, that he won't ever say anything bad about their "partners".

While i understand the sentiment, saying nothing while an issue drags on this long can be worse than having some open communication about what's happening, it makes all parties look incompetent and not caring about the consumer. We all know that's not true of our club and staff so it's got to be the APL with this mushroom management approach.

turbo

Yes I agree and that's what I'm irritated about. It's coming over as the APL having this closed door no communication policy. Danny Townsend has basically said as much on his tweets about other issues, that he won't ever say anything bad about their "partners".

While i understand the sentiment, saying nothing while an issue drags on this long can be worse than having some open communication about what's happening, it makes all parties look incompetent and not caring about the consumer. We all know that's not true of our club and staff so it's got to be the APL with this mushroom management approach.
Problem is short of throwing their partners under the bus there is nothing they can say that doesnt raise more questions or make both parties look incompetent. A crappy situation all round so maybe they prefer to have the incompetence implied instead of confirmed..

Rising Sun

Yes the politicians approach would be better than silence. I have this feeling there will be a refund and people have to subscribe direct with P-.
That would fit with the Danny GB tweet about making members an offer (rather than giving a code)

Refund by who though? I assume the clubs were not funding any of this so won't have been factored into membership pricing. If the clubs are left holding the baby then it will be a direct and substantial financial impact. APL needs to take any financial hit using the silver lake war chest.

The save-face solution would be for the offer to be honoured but with APL (silently) underwriting a substantial part of the cost. That could explain delays now - APL going down to the wire trying to negotiate the amount down. But DGBs tweet implies he intends to be nowhere near the hose on this one

Tevor

That would fit with the Danny GB tweet about making members an offer (rather than giving a code)

Refund by who though? I assume the clubs were not funding any of this so won't have been factored into membership pricing. If the clubs are left holding the baby then it will be a direct and substantial financial impact. APL needs to take any financial hit using the silver lake war chest.

The save-face solution would be for the offer to be honoured but with APL (silently) underwriting a substantial part of the cost. That could explain delays now - APL going down to the wire trying to negotiate the amount down. But DGBs tweet implies he intends to be nowhere near the hose on this one
The subscription was in addition to the membership so it is not the Clubs money as it would be passed onto P-. The refund will not impact the clubs in my opinion nor will the APL have to pay anything. All it is at the moment is a PR disaster for clubs, APL and P- and probably only P-‘s fault.

Rising Sun

The subscription was in addition to the membership so it is not the Clubs money as it would be passed onto P-. The refund will not impact the clubs in my opinion nor will the APL have to pay anything. All it is at the moment is a PR disaster for clubs, APL and P- and probably only P-‘s fault.
I am coming at this from a prawn-sandwich perspective only and maybe not fully informed. My P- subscription is included in my gold membership at no extra cost as part of base benefits of that category and I will be sent a code whether I want it or not. The not unreasonable assumption - given that the ticket price did not increase - is that the clubs expectation was that this offer was funded elsewhere i.e P- promotion

Are you saying that some membership categories did not include the P- offer as part of the standard member benefits and in that case there was an option to "bundle" the P- subscription into the membership package by paying an extra amount at the time of purchase (presumably a discounted rate)? E.g. for yellow membership you had the option to just buy the membership at $104, or could bundle the membership and P- and pay c$180?

turbo

Are you saying that some membership categories did not include the P- offer as part of the standard member benefits and in that case there was an option to "bundle" the P- subscription into the membership package by paying an extra amount at the time of purchase (presumably a discounted rate)? E.g. for yellow membership you had the option to just buy the membership at $104, or could bundle the membership and P- and pay c$180?
This year all categories got it. Last season it was only the reserved seats that had it bundled for free and I paid an add on. This season I kept my navy membership instead of dropping to the much cheaper yellow so I’ll be annoyed if I need to fork out the extra because I already feel like I tried to do the right thing by the club.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred