• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Reffing shockers at CCM games (yeah I know)

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Not a chance FA will be sending him up to CCS any time soon if ever.

They've never cared about appointments following referee controversy before.

It's a shame his one-sided performance in the FFA cup didn't get more attention - because if it did, he'd look so much worse in the public eye now.

Honestly, even if he does get hauled over the coals for this, so what? The problems run much deeper - they're clearly systematic. It makes us feel a bit better but doesn't solve anything. Probably just means in a fortnight we'll get Ams instead of Evans.

shipwreck

Once again CCM are the sacrificial lamb to fix a problem that was always there.

All the calls for match fixing and even incompetence are laughable in my opinion. There are barely people watching on TV and far less bothering to turn up to games, the thought that someone out there would go to the trouble of fixing a league game which doesn't really matter is hilarious.

No, this all comes down to one thing, lack of moral character, the ref was a coward, simple as that.

Ironbark

All the calls for match fixing and even incompetence are laughable in my opinion. There are barely people watching on TV and far less bothering to turn up to games, the thought that someone out there would go to the trouble of fixing a league game which doesn't really matter is hilarious.

No, this all comes down to one thing, lack of moral character, the ref was a coward, simple as that.
Match fixing is a gambling issue, not a crowd issue.

Still not claiming that's what this was, but if it came out that it was you'd hardly be shocked

shipwreck

But match fixing the champions vs the team that's lost its last 3 or 4 games? Like if you're going to bribe an official to ensure a result... You don't do it on the team thats paying $1.80....

Big Al

But match fixing the champions vs the team that's lost its last 3 or 4 games? Like if you're going to bribe an official to ensure a result... You don't do it on the team thats paying $1.80....
You absolutely do. Your more likely to not need the ref and have him there if necessary.

Match fixing is not about a big hit in large odds. That’s how you get caught via the attention that brings.

Wombat

When you can bet on the result of a game it matters. Evans cost me plenty as I had two bets on. A win and a win and draw. I don't care about the money but I care about blatant cheating. He did it in the FFA Cup final and he did it again against City. There was clearly an agenda at play in both games.

People around the world bet on A League games.

turbo

City just don't need the refs help to give them the advantage over us.
Well they kind of did.

You absolutely do. Your more likely to not need the ref and have him there if necessary.

Match fixing is not about a big hit in large odds. That’s how you get caught via the attention that brings.
This. Big bets on outrageous odds would be an extremely risky approach but there's a lot of gamblers that go big on a favorite for a marginal but more likely return. If you have an official coerced or in your pocket that can guide an outcome subtly it should in theory protect your return if things go sideways and doesn't put them under scrutiny so you can do it again another time. However nothing about Evans interventions were subtle so if that was the intention he obviously got it wrong.
That's not to say fixing was involved but thoughts like that only come up because of the sheer absurdity of those decisions. First one in isolation CCM supporters would be annoyed but others would move on, but in conjunction with the second call it's enough for everyone to say 'hang on there's a big problem here'.

FFC Mariner

Rising Sun

I hate FOX but love how they worded this article to really throw Shaun Evans and the Refs under the bus, they need a big scare like this and they need to do better.

Kisnorbo must have taken his contact lenses out at half time. "Couldn't really see" the contact on Lewis but was able to advise Evans of the exact blade of grass where Kye's 2nd contact occurred.

Wombat

Well they kind of did.

This. Big bets on outrageous odds would be an extremely risky approach but there's a lot of gamblers that go big on a favorite for a marginal but more likely return. If you have an official coerced or in your pocket that can guide an outcome subtly it should in theory protect your return if things go sideways and doesn't put them under scrutiny so you can do it again another time. However nothing about Evans interventions were subtle so if that was the intention he obviously got it wrong.
That's not to say fixing was involved but thoughts like that only come up because of the sheer absurdity of those decisions. First one in isolation CCM supporters would be annoyed but others would move on, but in conjunction with the second call it's enough for everyone to say 'hang on there's a big problem here'.
And throw in his performance in the FFA CUP Final as well. That's a clear pattern.

turbo

And throw in his performance in the FFA CUP Final as well. That's a clear pattern.
What they should be doing is a review of all his recent games and assessing his performance. I’m sure they already do that to an extent but with last game in mind to look for those little moments that might have gotten away like the FFA cup.

Ancient Mariner

Glad to see that it is all sorted then and everyone can be satisfied and move on.:fireup:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred