• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 2: Mariners v Nix

Michael

How was the own goal Danny’s fault? He called, as he always does. Paul didn’t leave it.

better 2nd half. 2 elite goals. Would’ve won if it weren’t for the ref having money on the game. Simple as that. How he didn’t give that penalty is beyond belief. The club has to make ALOT of noise about it.
Tulio had a couple good touches in his 5mins. Was about to come on when Silvera scored.

PatientMariner

If you offered me a point away in Wellington before kick off I would have taken it.

Gutted to not get the 3 points but...
Danny looked rusty.
Defence got caught square far too often, long balls from them were dangerous.
Roux played well.
Kaltak was solid, Kelchi will be interesting to see.
Ayongo led the line well, great pressure.
Silveria great strike

Definite positives to take from the game, must win game next week against Perth!

Ironbark

First game of the season and while there's still more cohesion to come the ingredients are all there.

I was already impressed by John, Kaltek is bloody awesome.

Shame about the draw. That non-handball was a clear as day pen. VAR dodgy as f'k on that.

I do think Cumdingo's brilliant first goal was offside but the ref called it a goal and it wasn't a clear error so VAR probably should have left it unless they had a better angle that they weren't showing us.

We're going to win a lot of games as we click more and more. We looked fit too.

Overall thought we needed to grow into the game, happy with where we're clearly going

Tevor

Second half was better but shouldn’t have taken conceding a goal to click into gear. We invited them to attack us in the last 10 which annoys me no end and is it any wonder we regularly conceded when doing so. I’ll take the point away from home and hopefully that knocked out some cob webs but just shows pre season means jack.

shipwreck

I'd love to hear the logic on the handball. Honestly just an explanation please.

Back to the game, I wouldn't have taken Cummings off tbh, he was on fire at that point in the game and it relieved alot of pressure from Wellington.

Tulio looks good, calm on the ball, should have done better with the free kick.

Sammy for fired up once he started an individual battle with his opposite man, that was good to see.

Aqualina made 3 big mistakes for me, I think it's time to give Kusevski a go, haven't seen him but why the f**k not.

Steele was rash and stupid, could have easily been sent for that challenge.

crock

First half we were second best and that was probably to be expected considering we hadn't played and nix had a game under belt. second half was better but defence clearly has a lot if work to do but def some promising signs

true believer

I'd love to hear the logic on the handball. Honestly just an explanation please.

Back to the game, I wouldn't have taken Cummings off tbh, he was on fire at that point in the game and it relieved alot of pressure from Wellington.

Tulio looks good, calm on the ball, should have done better with the free kick.

Sammy for fired up once he started an individual battle with his opposite man, that was good to see.

Aqualina made 3 big mistakes for me, I think it's time to give Kusevski a go, haven't seen him but why the f**k not.

Steele was rash and stupid, could have easily been sent for that challenge.
gee steele was lucky

scottmac

Suspended
How was the own goal Danny’s fault? He called, as he always does. Paul didn’t leave it.

better 2nd half. 2 elite goals. Would’ve won if it weren’t for the ref having money on the game. Simple as that. How he didn’t give that penalty is beyond belief. The club has to make ALOT of noise about it.
Tulio had a couple good touches in his 5mins. Was about to come on when Silvera scored.
If he called it then he shouldn't have been where he was. Danny was poor commanding his area. You can't call that and then stay. If Paul had have left it there was still other Mariners between Paul and Danny. He looked very unsure a number of times. Hopefully just a poor first outing and short of game time.

Nik Mrdjas Disco Bikkie

Our CB pairing looked good and can only get better the more they play.
Storm started slow but was really good by the end of the game.
Silvera was constantly getting open at the top of the box when we played it down the right, but no one could find him.
Cumdog worked hard and showed his class multiple times.
I like Max but I don’t think he’s regular Aleague starter material just yet.
I know he’s only played 2 official games for us, but Aquilina has been honking in both of them. When do we start hitting the panic button?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred