• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 2: Mariners v Nix

midfielder

Own goal and an easy own goal.... what can you say .... hopefully its the only one all season....

Need Hall back....

????? what about our new wonder midfielder sitting on the wood ..... coaches call but Steel in the last 15 ....

Huddo

Farrell 3. Was there or there abouts all game, a brick wall
Cum-dingo 2. Good movement off the ball, two well taken goals ( even if one was chalked off)
Silvera 1. Took 50 minutes to get in the game, but when he did....Papa's will be kicking himself.

-Storm looked really good, was everywhere
-Kaltak was good, caught out a couple of times in defence, good impetus going forward.
-John made a few mistakes, seemed a little hesitant, probably caused by that dogshit yellow call early in the game.
-Nizzy and Ballard were missing in in the mid for large periods.
-Nkololo needs some confidence to shoot.
-Ayongo did well, ran good lines, unlucky touch at the end of the game, shouldn't have touched it, but these things happen.
-Steely was lucky that tackle wasn't reviewed.
-Tulio and Ruhs didn't get in to the game, probably not enough game time.
-the Aqualina sub was good, he didn't show much on the field, but it removed the counter attack option for WP that had been dangerous with all-day

dunno about the offside rule for cumming goal, probably was right, but should it have taken that long, and if it did why did the ref not take a look at it himself?

as for the (non) handball, how it wasn't one I'll never understand, arm was away from the body, it deflected a ball moving back into the box, it had an impact on a possible attack. It's a handball, but for some reason its not?

Don't take this as a whinge, a draw was probably apt for the game, and after going down 1-0 with 30 to go I would have taken it. Still we should have put wellington to bed.

Last edited:

Wombat

Re: Aquilina
I remember quite a few seasons ago we had a young kid that got bagged endlessly (on here) in his first few games for us.
I think he`s still playing for the Socceroos... :popcorn:
100% . Some of the bollocks posted about Noah Smith was exactly the same. I will be the first to put my hand up if i'm wrong but I think he will be a decent player once he finds his feet.

Didn't Jake McGing play 50 games for us? Aquilina is getting dragged around because he is trying to play a system that's foreign to him. I saw the same with Clisby ( and i watched him alot at training and i thought Staj was nuts, until it clicked) and he has less natural talent than Aquilina.

Give the boy a chance FFS.

Huddo

Aquilina is 21 and Tesco got hooked at half time in one of the worst FB displays seen in a yellow shirt. I can see talent in this kid. Our whole defence needs better structure to be honest.
I think it will come with Halls pace. Kaltak and John seemed too similar at times.

Last edited:

Wombat

Farrell 3. Was there or there abouts all game, a brick wall
Cum-dingo 2. Good movement off the ball, two well taken goals ( even if one was chalked off)
Silvera 1. Took 50 minutes to get in the game, but when he did....Papa's will be kicking himself.

-Storm looked really good, was everywhere
-Kaltak was good, caught out a couple of times in defence, good impetus going forward.
-John made a few mistakes, seemed a little hesitant, probably caused by that dogshit yellow call early in the game.
-Nizzy and Ballard were missing in in the mid for large periods.
-Nkololo needs some confidence to shoot.
-Ayongo did well, ran good lines, unlucky touch at the end of the game, shouldn't have touched it, but these thing happen.
-Steely was lucky that tackle wasn't reviewed.
-Tulio and Ruhs didn't get in to the game, probably not enough game time.
-the Aqualina sub was good, he didn't show much on the field, but it removed the counter attack option for WP that had been dangerous with all-day

dunno about the offside rule for cumming goal, probably was right, but should it have taken that long, and if it did why did the ref not take a look at it himself?

as for the (non) handball, how it wasn't one I'll never understand, arm was away from the body, it deflected a ball moving back into the box, it had an impact on a possible attack. It's a handball, but for some reason its not?

Don't take this as a whinge, a draw was probably apt for the game, and after going down 1-0 with 30 to go I would have taken it. Still we should have put wellington to bed.
Good review.

But i'm a massive Farrell fan but i thought he was average at best. In his top 3 worst games ever (but he doesn't normally have any bad games tbh) Apart from that its a good review.

pjennings

We looked rusty so a point away is probably something we can live with. JC could have ended up with 3 or 4.

While I thought his first was offside live I couldn't see enough to convince me it wasn't off the NIX player. He then probably would have taken the non given penalty and finally he missed the top left corner by what looked like millimetres.

Given our front men in general looked as if they hadn't played together for the most part I thought he did his WC chances no harm.

Next week we have Nestor Hall and Garang back so hopefully we can gel a bit better and towel up Perth.

Allreet?

We looked rusty so a point away is probably something we can live with. JC could have ended up with 3 or 4.

While I thought his first was offside live I couldn't see enough to convince me it wasn't off the NIX player. He then probably would have taken the non given penalty and finally he missed the top left corner by what looked like millimetres.

Given our front men in general looked as if they hadn't played together for the most part I thought he did his WC chances no harm.

Next week we have Nestor Hall and Garang back so hopefully we can gel a bit better and towel up Perth.
Pretty clearly hit the Nix player first then ricocheted off our player. Definitely offside.

We still should've won though. Cummings was excellent - not just for his goal(s). Lots of movement and spraying good attack passes around. That's what he offers so much more than any other Oz striker - his ability to be part of the build up play as well as score goals.

Big Al

Silvera’s goal was one DDS was failing to hit for a few seasons. Cracking hit and he looks powerful, growing into a strong young lad.

However a lot of credit for the goal has to go to Ayongo. He runs a fantastic line to draw the CB left to cover Paul and it opened a hole in a tight spot and once Silvera was past his man Paul drawing the CB left a huge hole which silvera just went wack. Great goal

Silvera did similar in the first half and there was no movement and it meant he got stuck in traffic after beating his man.

booney

I do remember Sains playing RB and marking Broich who gave him a bath.Sains looked totally out of his depth and at the time I felt his career was finished .In that game I think Arnie left him on the field for the whole game( I may be wrong here) .

A season or so later Sains was playing CB and Broich had partly changed his role for Roar,playing more as a 10 or withdrawn striker.Sains blotted him out of the game and we had a rare success against the Roar.

Tevor

You don't get too many owners going on socials being that open, the comment stood out with it's detail on players compared to the normal trash talk then I realised who it was. Also said the club lost $50k on the wash out match, not great but beyond everyone's control.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred