• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

SA Diving Champions aka Goodwin’s Gargoyles Vs The Good Guys aka Monty’s Mariners

Corsair

Tevor

I think Farrell specifically used in this game to niggle Irankunda. It worked too
Best part of the game in my opinion seeing to young up and comers niggling each other. Irankunda needs to watch his ego, he is a special talent for sure but a poor attitude can ruin any talent. I hope for Aust football he settles down and focuses on his football. His fitness is very low however and his miss hits were woefull and he was well and truly gassed after 15 mins so a huge gamble by Veart thinking he could contribute for a full half.

Insertnamehere

Honestly don't understand why Farrell was dropped, he's a brilliant defender. His street smarts in drawing fouls and breaking down plays have been so impressive for me.
Been sick and injured and McGarry came at the right time to steal his job.

Faz is a better defender. Cuzzie Mac is a better attacker. I think attacking is more important to Monty and his tactics.

JoyfulPenguin

McGarry has been shown up by a few players lately. At what point do you just go, he's a more a winger than a defender.
This was always his issue with the Phoenix and why Talay turfed him.

He's great going forward but when probably the two best coaches at developing players in the ALM can't teach you to defend there is an issue.

A good player in the right tactial set up but definitely has defensive limitations.

Insertnamehere

This was always his issue with the Phoenix and why Talay turfed him.

He's great going forward but when probably the two best coaches at developing players in the ALM can't teach you to defend there is an issue.

A good player in the right tactial set up but definitely has defensive limitations.
Just Goodwin him. Let him free up the field. Shown more than Theo.

As a winger he does good work defensively but hes not so good last line. Bit like Paine did.

Forum Phoenix

I actually like how we are using them both and clearly so does Monty.

Faz to transition to CB next season.
Me too.

Farrel gets beaten as much as McGarry has been and to be fair it’s really only as much or better than most other fb’s in the league. Big fan of both.

McGarry is usually calm under pressure and makes great decisions, strong mentally and physically too.

Huge wraps on Faz but I think McGarrys in front of him right now. As it seems does Monty. And to be fair as you’d expect of a 20 year old vs a 25 year old.

Great completion. And a great problem to have,

Huddo

McGarry is great in attack the issue is he has been found out defensively.

He was skinned multiple times by Peirias when we played WU and it's happening every game, if we play MC and he's that poor in defence, we'll get punished.

Don't get me wrong I love how he attacks but I see his core responsibilty as stopping the attacking drives down his wing, something Farrell does alot more effectively.

Wombat

Great game by us. We worked hard and we are a handful for any side. Big pat on the back for Monty and Serge.

Vuko 7.5. He is looking so confident now. Only blemish was the disallowed goal. I would actually be tempted to give him another season on this golden run he is on.
Storm 8. Excellent game. Who knew this bloke could actually defend. He is easily our most improved player this season.
Triantis 8. Classy
Kaltak 7.5. Solid.
McGarry 6.5. Did some great stuff, especially futher up the park. Needs to stay on his feet more and really needs to switch on when defending in our box.
Silvera 7.5. Impressive again.
Niz 7.5. Great game. 2nd half was 9/10.
Maxy 7. Good game. Only blemish was the disallowed goal when he did his running on the spot party trick.
Beni 8. Very good game.
Tulio 8.5 MOM. Quality.
Cumdog 6.5. Needs to be on his toes more but he is such a smart player even when he isn't scoring.

Subs all did well. I really enjoyed Farrell's battle with the 26yo but his passing was a bit off. He is a better defender than McGarry but he probably didn't do enough to get his spot back. Depends if Monty forgives McGarry's brain farts last night.
Lovely to see Steele score his first goal.
Moreshe looked sharp considering his jersey was 8 sizes too big.
Theo.....the debut goal will happen next week!

COYY

Last edited:

Ozhammer

McGarry is great in attack the issue is he has been found out defensively.

He was skinned multiple times by Peirias when we played WU and it's happening every game, if we play MC and he's that poor in defence, we'll get punished.

Don't get me wrong I love how he attacks but I see his core responsibilty as stopping the attacking drives down his wing, something Farrell does alot more effectively.
That’s fair but Farrell’s attacking game is still lacking and so a combination of both their best attributes would be the ideal LB imo

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami