• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Semi final shenanigans

sydmariner

Last edited:

Hello Sailor

I'm sticking my neck out here, but as a unionist I've never scabbed. If Sydney FC fans are prepared to boycott their matches out of solidarity because of the adverse effect on other clubs like Perth, Wellington Adelaide and the Melbourne clubs then I'm with them.
I hadn't heard a reference to scabbing before I posted this. Do journos actually read our opinions on forums? Or maybe we just came up with the same comparison independently. From David Squire in today's Guardian. 1683839094716.png

Ancient Mariner

It is obvious that journos and pundits (especially) follow all the forums and other social media about football.
It was always noticeable on Fox that the pundits most insightful ideas came from football fans' forums.

priorpeter

I hadn't heard a reference to scabbing before I posted this. Do journos actually read our opinions on forums? Or maybe we just came up with the same comparison independently. From David Squire in today's Guardian. View attachment 2634
It would’ve come from the posters Sydney were putting up around the city referring to the RBB as scabs - circulated fairly widely on Twitter.

Aged well for them.

Jerem

tbf it said the boycott is "postponed" - if City wins through to the Grand Final it will be back on again
Derby was the pre nup so made a statement. City should thrash that last fc performance so it’s a moot point whether the cove is there or not

Reactions: adz

turbo

If Sydney can get up for it like last week anything could happen. That’s a massive if though, how much motivation is left in the tank?

Corsair

Corica’s only lost 1 game in finals (excluding FFA cup) - a GF against City. They’re a big game team and I wouldn’t write them off.
Completely agree, they could be immense. For quite a few of their players this is likely the last chance saloon. However, City have real quality in depth and they don't have a sex pest, name changing loser at the helm like WSW, I think their class is going to shine through and destroy the old men. But... desperation brings, the fight out in the old dog... should be a good game. How's that for a fence sit?! City for me.

Tevor

Corica’s only lost 1 game in finals (excluding FFA cup) - a GF against City. They’re a big game team and I wouldn’t write them off.
I think the two legs will be their downfall with their old squad. Lolley still recovering and Mak playing with a dodgy hammy. City at home is a very hard task, Shitney will have to go into game two with at least a two goal advantage in my opinion.

Corsair

Shaun Evans trying to insert himself into the Semi Final…. no way that should have been overruled.
100%, the Evans Sydney bias coming through loud and clear. This is why I want to see them out. Slightest opportunity he'll advantage them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred