• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Should Staj be Given a 5 Year Contract? ....and the Keys to Gosford.

turbo

Do you have any confidence in this club actually doing that?
Ultimately the club hasn’t got enough recent runs on the board to give us confidence or to take control of the narrative. And the recent runs they have made had Staj front and center.

The first thought is going to be classic Mariners regardless of how right or wrong it is.

Avoca

The best case scenario is this...

A new owner has been found, the deal is being finalised, although, they don’t see Staj as part of their long-term plan. Optimistic, I know.

Paramount & Channel 10 now have a real financial interest in the A-League. I do wonder if they will influence the next generation of CCM management, including how the club is run.

The rules, standards & the game has changed. The A-League is now going mainstream.

LFCMariners

My press is telling me that this is not all on MC and in actual fact Staj may have done the club a favour by walking. Provided the club moves swiftly to put the right replacement in place, I for one won’t be losing too much sleep over this.

I can’t say any more at the moment but I believe CCM has dodged a bullet here and we could see a very positive outcome despite all the understandable despondency at this moment.
I hope you're right about this and in a few months time you can sit there with that smug expression Phil Gould always has after Origin and say "I told you".

midfielder

My press is telling me that this is not all on MC and in actual fact Staj may have done the club a favour by walking. Provided the club moves swiftly to put the right replacement in place, I for one won’t be losing too much sleep over this.

I can’t say any more at the moment but I believe CCM has dodged a bullet here and we could see a very positive outcome despite all the understandable despondency at this moment.
When can you say something or will it come out with other news...

Kalvin

So a hypothetical... had we have won the gf, would he have stayed on/club kept him? would we still have been dodging a bullet?

turbo

So a hypothetical... had we have won the gf, would he have stayed on/club kept him? would we still have been dodging a bullet?
I don’t know anything that isn’t public knowledge but would you be overly surprised if what OH is alluding to had anything to do with why we saw so little of Casella, Janota or Kuol’s mid season change of interest? Or going back to the year before Fox’s long stint away from the starting lineup?

There’s definitely things that are difficult to explain from an outsiders perspective.

Ancient Mariner

Interesting to hear what the dodged bullet was. My wife has an acquaintance who was playing 1st grade W-League at the time of Staj's sacking from the Matildas. Her opinion at the time was that Staj was not entirely blameless in the whole debacle. I took it all with a grain of salt, everyone has their opinions.
Your post reminds me of her statement.

Wombat

I cannot stomach this supposed destructive attitude by MC and also cannot fathom this guy's way of thinking. He, MC really exudes masochism, towards the boys and us the supporters. If what I am seeing is true I will walk as well. Having had the privilege of seeing the administration's (all the people at the coalface) plans for the future I was heartened and it was so damn encouraging. Now we'll see, it seems that all the good work all at the Mariners do get underminded by a sinkhole from the UK.
I think you mean Arsehole!

marinermick

Interesting to hear what the dodged bullet was. My wife has an acquaintance who was playing 1st grade W-League at the time of Staj's sacking from the Matildas. Her opinion at the time was that Staj was not entirely blameless in the whole debacle. I took it all with a grain of salt, everyone has their opinions.
Your post reminds me of her statement.

All this also reminds me of the “if you knew what I knew” statement at that time.

Big Al

The thing that Staj bought most to our team was a top 3 defense as far as goals conceded.

Against Macathur at Macathur they said on the telecast we hadn’t conceded from a corner all season and I don’t remember one after that either. Birraz had a couple of goal line clearances from corners but we never conceded.

Not so long ago we had the worst defense in league history.

He did it with Rowles who is talented but probably suffered from those around him while he was learning but he made a lot of mistakes while young. He is now a standout player.

Roun had similar talent but for whatever reason was changing teams every season and let’s face it we were probably his last chance. Then Ziggy dogs us and he becomes a Socceroo. Amazing

Nigro is plucked from obscurity and defensively was a very handy player

Clisby was well probably our most disliked or person who invoked fan anger the most.

Staj made this group the 3rd best defense and 1 a Socceroo and we didn’t conceed 1 corner.

That is exceptional coaching in my mind. Sure some luck comes into it but some say you make your own luck.

With our budget attracting a coaching staff who can carry on that defense is must.

That alone made us competitive and gave us a shot every game.

Staj had other issues we disagreed with but that’s going to happen with our budget.

I think he did a phenomenal job with our defense and it’s critical we keep that standard

finally retired

did the players complete a questionnaire, complaining he wouldn't let them sleep together?

Ads

As fans I think we need a community meeting with management to explain what the hell happened and what lies in the future.
I don`t want any bullshit spin,just honest and open answers to the many questions we all have.
At this point in time,i`m a bit down on Staj leaving the group like he has,
He should have had the decency to front the fans with an explanation.
Its obvious this has been a while in the planning with Rudan being appointed.

I`m not even sure whats most disappointing Staj leaving or Rudan taking over... :popcorn:

EDIT:Not sure what to believe at the moment,Rudan may now just be a rumour

Everything is non-disclosure and Staj wouldn’t be able to publicly say that Charlesworth is being cheap or that he is banking any money made from Staj, Kuol and hopefully no more to come.

On the other hand it is hard to believe that Charlesworth would let this happen as the value of the club and entities would be significantly higher after the strong season, would it not be worth quickly investing 200/300k securing players to possibly stabilise a sale or even have an increased sale value!

Big Al

Everything is non-disclosure and Staj wouldn’t be able to publicly say that Charlesworth is being cheap or that he is banking any money made from Staj, Kuol and hopefully no more to come.

On the other hand it is hard to believe that Charlesworth would let this happen as the value of the club and entities would be significantly higher after the strong season, would it not be worth quickly investing 200/300k securing players to possibly stabilise a sale or even have an increased sale value!
One thing we do know is Staj won’t talk. He has done very well at keeping quite when it would be easy to throw out some comments.

I except the same here.

Of course we will hear things through the media but we will never really know

pjennings

OR....

1) There is a buyer
2) The buyer has his own vision
3) That is different to Staj
4) The buyer is dependent on Stadium deal (29/6)
5) The buyer is dependent on APL capital fund raising (date ???)
6) Staj wants to move on the squad now.

We don't know and we probably will only get snippets over time. Money from the capital funding putting value in the license, the right buyer, the right decision over the stadium and the right manager going forward can set us up on the Coast for the next 20 years, The wrong decisions, buyers, managers make for much starker outcomes.

yorkshireman

“The focus is now to ensure the club continues to move forward and build upon the success of this season, and we are well progressed in setting up the structures for next season and once things are finalised we will make announcements accordingly.”

More hopeful than the usual stuff we get

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred