• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Sold - One minor premiership...!!!!

Seven points clear at one stage and we are about to lose the thing at the last hurdle.

Who -ever comes out trumps tommorrrow in the Qld - Syd game will win this thing,mark my words,and deservedly so.

As for us we are lucky there is another big game next week  which may help us qualify for a top four spot because I cannot see us beating Wellington (Im deadly serious).

What a shocking demise of a team that were in  such a comfortable position,sheer amatuer dramatics.

If I were a shareholder I know where I would be swinging the axe  :-X, but it would take a big payment as the man has a long contract.He is clearly not the man to take this club forward.  :-[

See you all next season guys,this one is over as far as we are concerned,even if we do get in the semis,we will bow out at the next hurdle, the late runners have proven they are superior and more well drilled than us - simple...!!!

Gav...

Well how many chance do they want to wrap up the minor premiership!!!! this team is a bunch of chokers who cant win big games

bye bye season!!!!!!!!!! all the dominance and it comes to abosultely NOTHING!!!  what a waste of a season!!!!

i think that aloisi will leave the club because he wants to go to a successful club not 1 that chokes in the big games

Sonic_beats_Mario

While we have blown the minor premiership, I think we need to look at the over all performance tonight. While it was clear that the criticism leveled at Breeze in the media by Farina and A. Vidmar had been heeded, I think that it he went to far the other way with blatent penalites not paid and bad decisions when playing advantege.  ???

Having said that, the lack of finishing in front of goals is what is most concerning. We are getting the ball into positions where at the start of the season and until the Vuckovic incident. Against Melbourne we had 23 shots on goals, against Perth we dominated and were lucky to get away with a draw and tonight, well the result speaks for itself.

We need to start strikers who will run onto the ball like Matt Simon, not try and play to pretty touchy touchy in front goal. While Aloisi is a big signing, his European style of play does not work in this league. He needs to take a page out of Mrjda's or Pondeljak's book and run at goals.

The midfield is playing well, Jedinak was clearly a stand out tonight but the backs other than Checkers needs to play better. Another near miss with a back pass from Wilkinson again.

Minor premiership gone ..... yes, A-League Championship .... not yet.

northernspirit

we are chokers, no doubt about it
losses to sydney, melbourne then draw to bottom of the table perth and loss to newcastle confirm it... but f**k it were in the finals, we wont win the a-league but at least we made the finals and noone expected us to!

Tassiemariner

Not having a go at the fans as i am one one myself but are these 18,000+ crowds having an effect on the team.

It seems we like the coming from behind underdog mentatlity and are having trouble coping somewhat with the expectation of being no.1 for 18 weeks of the season and finishing the season off.

If there is a draw tomorrow between Lowy and Queensland were still in with a shot and we will be better off being behind on goal difference.

rosko

What really hurts is the fact that the boys havent been able to perform in front of big crowds... It doesnt really encourage the 'fence sitters' to keep coming back.. Still, its not completely over yet. We are in the finals, and there is still a draw to come tomorrow night to keep next weekend as a great round of football... 7 points.. damn....  :'(

priorpeter

I just wish the fans would get behind the team, no matter how we are playing.

I had one fellow tonight tell me to "shut up and stop singing" in the 85th min or so, because we were "playing crap". Personally, i think that the fans should get behind the team no matter what, it can lift the team and can act as a '12th man' in some aspects.

Was devestated tonight with the result, but there's next week, and still the finals to come. COME ON YOU YELLOW!

Costar

A disappointing result.  How many chances do they need to score?  Lost count of how many times Sasho f**ked it up.  :fireup: Should have taken him off, left Kwas on - thought he was the playing his best for some time. 

Seemed like they were missing Boogs in the back although O'Grady tried hard.  Hope Boogs' groin is ok for next week.

Is Aloisi suited to this type of play?  Opposition seem to think he's a set of kids play equipment and climb all over him.

Disappointed in Pondjelak and Jedinak.  They just didn't seem to be on song today.

Man of the match for me was Ceccoli.  He never stopped.  Kept on pushing and looking to create in attack.

Don't give up on the boys yet.  There's a long way to go yet.  If we can f*ck things up after being so dominant earlier on, then anything can happen to the other 3.  At least Melbourne are out.  Toss up between a draw or Queensland beating the Bling (at least that would shut the Sydney media up and maybe wipe that f**king arrogant smile off Kosmina's face.

Come on Coasties fire up and get these boys over the line.

FFC Mariner

I made the point to Sacko as our play got more and more disjointed that if I were P Turnbull I would be having some very harsh words with a few people on Monday.

Tonight:

Danny - Usual good performance, kept us in it TBH

Wilko - Nervy and looked lost

Stringers - Awful performance. not his fault. The comp has passed him by

Clarkie - Tries so hard, an asset

Checkers - Jury out, very slow isnt he?

Kwassie - Apart from the goal (which was fantastic) totally anonymous

Hutcho - 100% effort, cant be faulted

Jedi - Ditto

Tommy - Did he play?

Saso - Awful, lazy, half arsed rubbish

JA - Worked his arse off and would have every right to be v pissed off right now

Subs:

Simon - Didnt really add anything

Gumps - Too slow these days I'm sad to say

Atomic

Tonight confirmed that JA has one thing (well, many really) that Saho doesn't have... and that's heart!

B

bakery5

gees, how things change after a few losses. Everyone is not loving the Mariners hey. Why dont you go and f**king support Sydney or Newcastle you bunch of c**ts :redcard:

priorpeter

bakery5 said:
gees, how things change after a few losses. Everyone is not loving the Mariners hey. Why dont you go and f**king support Sydney or Newcastle you bunch of c**ts :redcard:

Probably just the heartache that a loss (or 3 in a row) can bring... Esp. in a derby match like tonight. Was a big game tonight, and we didn't turn up to play. The premiership was in our ahnds, and we've all but thrown it away. Now we have to rely on other results to go our way for the next 2 weeks to secure top spot. We have a finals berth garrunteed though, and we have to remember that. The team needs us to get behind them, more than ever at the moment, leading into the finals. So show up nxt week, sing your hearts out, and bring the Mariners home!!

bjw

bjw
We still have a chance of finishing top
Sydney and QLD draw
Mariners beat wellington and Sydney and QLD both lose their final matches.. (I can see Melbourne beating sydney too) and QLD are playing Adelaide..
Not all hope is lost yet

georgemladenov

Im just trying to stay optimistic. Preferably there is a draw for us tomorrow, and although we would drop to third, I'd be confident of pushing ahead on goal difference after our game against Wellington.

Preferably, I'd rather a result tomorrow, either way it doesnt mind me, just so a win (by a bigger margin than a Scum win against Perth) would guarantee 2nd place.

priorpeter

brennan said:
We still have a chance of finishing top

but like i said brenno, we NEED results to go our way mate. shit it will be interesting if syd and qld draw - 4 teams on 31 points leading into the last game... ECH!!!

cruiser

The Mariners broke my heart tonight. I am devastated. Three consecutive home losses in front of three consecutive record home crowds. A minor premiership beckoning. Asia beckoning. Home finals beckoning. What more could the players want? Our midfield has lost the ability to retain possession of the ball and our defence is too often in the worng place. CRAP!!  :soapbox:

bjw

bjw
its been a long seven-hundred and something days since we've won a Derby match v Newcastle, and I was thinking that tonight was the night *sigh* ohwell, we'll get them in the finals hopefully.

priorpeter

Imagine that - mariners home grand final against the scum. full house. mmmmm. so close to a full house tonight..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred