• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Sold - One minor premiership...!!!!

priorpeter

longjetty_mariner said:
See you all next season guys,this one is over as far as we are concerned,even if we do get in the semis,we will bow out at the next hurdle,

No Faith!!!!

Mariner Girl

I haven't seen the match yet, but it seems that some people are saying things out of pure anger.  :fireup:
Might be a good idea if we take a few deep breathes and count to ten before posting - remember we are on the same side and are all upset about the result  :'(

Also, let's get over the Nix first next week before jumping ahead to the playoffs.

Sean

Atomic said:
Tonight confirmed that JA has one thing (well, many really) that Saho doesn't have... and that's heart!

How would you know where his heart was?

poetryintheblood

I as always went in with great faith for our boys tonight, even though Breeze was refereeing, but in all honesty I was disappointed to the point I wanted to cry, as to see our boys come this far, then seem to give up is a big shame, the Newcastle supporters made their support loud and clear, and I also noticed they tried their hardest to get Hutchy and Sasho riled up, and believe me, I sitting in Bay 7 would have been heard around Bluetongue, as I went there as always to give my utmost support. After the game I got hassled by some Newcastle supporters bagging my Pondeljak jersey, but I gave it back as good as they did, not to be some smart ass, but in all fairness, that I am proud of our boys and especially Tommy. We are always going to get rivalry, what we need to do is raise the roof each time, and show our support, I get the dirtiest loks from people around me who think I am too vocal, but I pay my money like they do, and I am there for the purpose of supporting the boys, like we all are, so concentrate on that alone.
The boys really need to get their perspectives right, being so close to the end here now, I know they can do it, THEY HAVE TO BELIEVE IT NOW.

LFCMariners

The team is too concerned with going on the attack early in the game, rather than defence. Irrespective of the fact that the first Scum goal was an offside, to get back in the winning groove the Mariners need to start out playing defensively, and then play more of an attacking game later in the match. Maybe it has to do with wanting an early goal to get confidence back up, but the way I see it that's only going to lead to poor finishing in a match. Next week is Wellington in our backyard, and provided Breeze isn't running out with the whistle I am confident of a win. Next week would be a better time than any to start with the new attack plan, because with better defence in the semis, we are still the best chance at winning the A-League.

As for being outsung by the Scum- I find that a bit laughable. Only time I could hear them was when nobody in Bay 16 was singing. Having a roof over them does help for sure, and if you hark back to the semi up at EAS in Season 1 the Mariners fans created that much more atmosphere than the Scum fans it was embarrasing.

~Floss~

F**k Breeze.

Despite his apparent incompetence in the last few matches, I'll take each match as it comes. And tonight I thought he wasn't too blatantly biased.

If that's as bad as the reffing gets from now on, we look like twats if we keep blaming breeze for everything (incompetent as he has appeared on occasions).

BTW, I think he probably shot JFK and staged the moon landing.

Ted

A REAL supporter will support until the final game of the season, no matter where your team sits on the table and  not drop off when things go a bit sour..  ::)

FFC Mariner

MarinaTed said:
A REAL supporter will support until the final game of the season, no matter where your team sits on the table and  not drop off when things go a bit sour..  ::)

Who's talking about "dropping off" or not supporting them?? That was a shite performance and they just didnt want it badly enough.

Dr Nick

i found it strange how despite putting on the extra forward, and having on average 4 players in the box waiting for a cross, whoever was out on the wing never crossed it, but either played it back and into the centre (to jedi, who rarely attacked imo) or tried to shoot for themselves. we just didnt play to formation lawrie had set. and still we made a multitude of chances (22 to their, what 5 shots), hit the post, a few calls for penalties turned away. we had the opportunities to win 5 games

having said that. i dont care if we come last, i will still be a yellow

Ted

longjetty_mariner said:
See you all next season guys,this one is over as far as we are concerned,even if we do get in the semis,we will bow out at the next hurdle, the late runners have proven they are superior and more well drilled than us - simple...!!!

Greenpoleffc said:
MarinaTed said:

Who's talking about "dropping off" or not supporting them?? That was a shite performance and they just didnt want it badly enough.

longjetty_mariner did at the end of his initial post in this thread!

jaypee

Its interesting that we all said the Sydney game could be the turning point of the season. I think 99.999999999999% of us thought for the better, unfortunately once the game came and went it was season defining, seems for the worse....

Lets be honest - if we somehow have QLD and Syd draw today we drop to third but if we want a top 2 we need to smash the Nix by at least 3....

M

mariners_4_ever

I can't believe i'm reading the Mariners "SUPPORTERS"  web site.

Collins Dictionary defines "supporters" as " To support someone you agree with their aims and WANT them to succeed"

Not a bunch of tossers who think their experts and find reasons to have a f**king Bitch about OUR boys!!!  :redcard:

If you can't support the team 100% no matter what the out come PISS-OFF !!!!! :fireup: :fireup:

These guys give everything when they are out there and how dissappionting it must be to have their OWN fans rubbishing them.

" MARINERS_4_EVER_TIL _THE_DAY_I_DIE"  no matter WHAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO MARINERS

kevrenor

mariners_4_ever said:
I can't believe i'm reading the Mariners "SUPPORTERS"  web site....
No you are reading and posting on a forum where different views are expressed (even if "wrong" or even illogical, or in some cases incoherent).

If we as Mariners 'til we die supporters can't criticise the team when they need to be told, then they have no hope. 

Note that it isn't abuse however nor ''I'm taking my bat and ball' petulence.

pjennings

Bad news -

1 point from the last 12 - a sure first thrown away.  :(  :'(

Good news -

We are in the finals    ;D
Three record Crowds  :vhappy:
We can still finish first  :fireup:

:soapbox:For the rest of the season we need to use Viddy and Boogs in central defence. They have been our best CB pairing. Look at the first goal yesterday. Stringers getting beaten by Holland & Wilko stops to watch. Viddy or Boogs would have continued to run back and probably would have cleared as they have done innumerable times this year. End of rant!! :soapbox:

We have the quality to go on with this - the boys just need to believe they can do it!! As supporters so do we!!!     

pommypete

Vidmar is well past it,he should pay general admission,all he does is watch.Our best chance of winning the comp is not to have a home grand final,not that we are likely to get that far.

bobandbill

pommypete said:
Vidmar is well past it,he should pay general admission,all he does is watch.Our best chance of winning the comp is not to have a home grand final,not that we are likely to get that far.
Then who would you suggest to havein defence? Certainly boogs (if he isn't complaining of concussion of groin strains...), but our defence last night still suck without Vidmar - surely he is better than at least one of them...

finally retired

our boys need new boots....I don't know how many times over the last month they have slipped/fallen over or over-run the ball....sometimes they look like tehy are skating.....surely the time to work out that your boots suit the pitch is during warm-up....not into the game when it's too late.  :mad:

pjennings

pommypete said:

When we had the best defence in the HAL - yes it was this season - Viddy and Boogs were in the centre of defence. Wilko was out injured. It is only when he has come back that our defence has been unsettled. Look at the results. We were rock solid when we had a central defence of 

--------Danny

--Boogs------Viddy

--------Jedi

When Wilko plays with either of these two he commits too early - gets beaten and Viddy or Boogs have to clean up which they do.  If someone else makes a mistake (Stringers on Holland) he doesn't. He was awesome last year - but mostly at right back.

So it needs to be either

Clark--Boogs--Viddy--Ceccoli or

Wilko--Boogs--Viddy--Ceccoli 

fedelta

If we don't win the minor prem I hope Queensland win it and not those f*cking Newcastle or Sydney pricks. Lets pray for a top two finish. Come on Mariners! We can do this!  :pirate:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred