• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Sold - One minor premiership...!!!!

Costar

If I was a coach playing the Mariners I'd know to do the following:

* In attack make sure my up front men can run faster than my 80 year granny.
  * In defence fill the box and wait for the Marniers to either stuff it up or lose the ball.

IMO there's too much fancy footwork and not effort & guts.  It's all let's string pass after pass together and hope that that final touch is in front of an open goal.  We need to mix it up.  Combine the passing plays with a willingness (and ability) to have a first time crack.  At the moment the opposition knows that only rarely will our boys crack a 1st time ball from outside the 18 yard box (in the vein of Jedi a couple of games ago), nor can they constantly finish good open-style plays like Kwassie did last night.  If we show the ability to strike first time ball and make the goalie save a couple then the defence is put in 2 minds.  Do we stay back and wait for them or do we go out to them?  This might open up a few holes in defence that a few deft touches can exploit; but we still need to punish the ball first time and not muck around with it.

Might be simplistic but a back to basics approah can sometimes be the best bet.

Getting some speed in the back line wouldn't hurt either.

Wombat

Greenpoleffc said:
I made the point to Sacko as our play got more and more disjointed that if I were P Turnbull I would be having some very harsh words with a few people on Monday.

Tonight:

Danny - Usual good performance, kept us in it TBH      AGREED

Wilko - Nervy and looked lost                  BETTER AS A RIGHT BACK

Stringers - Awful performance. not his fault. The comp has passed him by  AGREED

Clarkie - Tries so hard, an asset          TRIES HARD BUT LACKS QUALITY..NEARLY MADE IT 2.0 WITH HORRENDOUS BACK PASS

Checkers - Jury out, very slow isnt he?  HE WAS OUR BEST DEFENDER BY A MILE

Kwassie - Apart from the goal (which was fantastic) totally anonymous  AGREED. HE'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Hutcho - 100% effort, cant be faulted .  POOR GAME BUT TRIED HARD.

Jedi - Ditto.  AGREED

Tommy - Did he play?  AGREED

Saso - Awful, lazy, half arsed rubbish  AGREED

JA - Worked his arse off and would have every right to be v pissed off right now. NEEDS TO BE MORE DIRECT AT TIMES

Subs:

Simon - Didnt really add anything  APART FROM GUTS AND EFFORT

Gumps - Too slow these days I'm sad to say  YOU MUST BE DRUNK

rosko

We still have the best forward line in the league.. The mid field is right up there... It just seems they are trying so hard... It will come.. Lets hope that the boys jag a 1-0 win against the sheep and then click in the finals to show everyone what this talented team can really do...  :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot:

Omni

0-0 draw tonight, and then 3-0 against the Nix, CCM shock the world and win the premiership!

bjw

bjw
Assuming other results go our way ;)

Jets play Friday
We play Saturday
and
Sydney and QLD both play Sunday.. gonna be a nervous wait

rosko

I have to admit that it is quite tempting to see the Mariners play Qld in the GF up there.... Pretty awesome weekend...  ;D 
  Still like to see it here though..
Come on you yellows...
  Bring it home for the Coast and yourselves...
                :pirashoot:

Tassiemariner

I can't wait for a month's time when i read back on these threads after us winning the Grand Final thinking "Wow we were pretty stupid to write off this team of legends".

neverwozza

Wombat said:
Greenpoleffc said:
I made the point to Sacko as our play got more and more disjointed that if I were P Turnbull I would be having some very harsh words with a few people on Monday.

Tonight:

Danny - Usual good performance, kept us in it TBH       AGREED

Wilko - Nervy and looked lost                   BETTER AS A RIGHT BACK

Stringers - Awful performance. not his fault. The comp has passed him by   AGREED

Clarkie - Tries so hard, an asset          TRIES HARD BUT LACKS QUALITY..NEARLY MADE IT 2.0 WITH HORRENDOUS BACK PASS

Checkers - Jury out, very slow isnt he?   HE WAS OUR BEST DEFENDER BY A MILE

Kwassie - Apart from the goal (which was fantastic) totally anonymous  AGREED. HE'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Hutcho - 100% effort, cant be faulted .   POOR GAME BUT TRIED HARD.

Jedi - Ditto.   AGREED

Tommy - Did he play?   AGREED

Saso - Awful, lazy, half arsed rubbish  AGREED

JA - Worked his arse off and would have every right to be v pissed off right now. NEEDS TO BE MORE DIRECT AT TIMES

Subs:

Simon - Didnt really add anything   APART FROM GUTS AND EFFORT

Gumps - Too slow these days I'm sad to say   YOU MUST BE DRUNK

Yeah I can't remember Gumps getting beaten for pace at any stage and I thought he provided some real quality when he came on. I'm pretty sure it was his cross from the right that found Aloisi's head that should have found the back of the net.

In regards to the last three home games it is unfortunate that we have been beaten in front of record crowds however:

Sydney  - we were robbed
Melbourne - we were understrength
Newcastle - they aren't a bad side and a number our players played poorly but we were still competitive and still dominated sections of the match

I don't think it is panic stations yet and I am still hoping for a top two finish and an early berth in the GF.

skilbeck

Its not all over yet. granted we got a challenge on our hands, but we should be fired up. Nothing will reflect more poorly on the Mariners and the Marinators than if their own fans abandon them. The team is obviously lacking motivation and that is up to those in the bay and other mariners fans to give them. We all know the ability is there from every single player that took to the pitch last night and next week we got Wellington at home. What would be a better match to kickstart the side again than that one. While the minor premiership may come down to a bit of luck, we are not down and out until we are officially knocked out of the competition. So I would prefer that no one bags out any of the players and management while they are apart of the team. Im confident they will get it right in the end

FFC Mariner

Whilst bitterly disappointed that the side have bottled it recently (yes, I think they have got nervous). We will finish in the top 4 FFS.

Any finals spot would have done me at the start of the year and I will be looking forward to the Nix game and then at least 2 semi's, probably against NSW opposition.

Comp starts all over again when its semi time and if theres one team who can grind out results against anyone,anywhere, its US

brett

5 Points out of the last 21 - just a few more (or one more!) would have got us home. Bitterly, bitterly disappointing that you sing 'we are top of the league' all year for no reason. Losing games is bad but that felt like we lost a season.

I think the players we have out there are good enough and the tactics have been proven as successful.

I think the answer lies in the mind. The turning point for our results came at the point when Lawrie finally changed his song from 'one game at a time' to 'we want to win the premiership'. I believe there is a mindset issue, we have to be the underdogs to do well. We start getting blockbuster crowds to watch the team wrap up the league and they fall over. It's like they never really believed they could do it. Watch the way the Sydney player exude arrogance, even so much as spitting and shaking their head when subbed off, but it seems to work.

Andy

brett said:
5 Points out of the last 21 - just a few more (or one more!) would have got us home. Bitterly, bitterly disappointing that you sing 'we are top of the league' all year for no reason. Losing games is bad but that felt like we lost a season.

I think the players we have out there are good enough and the tactics have been proven as successful.

I think the answer lies in the mind. The turning point for our results came at the point when Lawrie finally changed his song from 'one game at a time' to 'we want to win the premiership'. I believe there is a mindset issue, we have to be the underdogs to do well. We start getting blockbuster crowds to watch the team wrap up the league and they fall over. It's like they never really believed they could do it. Watch the way the Sydney player exude arrogance, even so much as spitting and shaking their head when subbed off, but it seems to work.

Would you do that if you knew you had to walk past Fergie and Lawrie seconds later?

Teddy Bear

IMO the reason we are playing without confidence is letting in ten goals in two games. Prior to Danny being sent off we were playing like champions.

A win is all we need to get things going again and raise confidence. After that there will be no looking back.

brett

Andy said:
brett said:

Would you do that if you knew you had to walk past Fergie and Lawrie seconds later?

Haha, good point, our club will never be like that because of Lawrie but also because that attitude wouldn't sit with the Central Coast people!

But it certainly looked like their players think they will win, know they will win, and deserve to win. Even just how they look on the ball, and in the tackle, that element looks to be missing from our guys. It's hard to put your finger on it.

However more than the mental component I also think it's our style of play and the weather as I said here afterwards!

http://marinators.net/forum/index.php?topic=393.0

fedelta

Teddy Bear said:
IMO the reason we are playing without confidence is letting in ten goals in two games. Prior to Danny being sent off we were playing like champions.

A win is all we need to get things going again and raise confidence. After that there will be no looking back.

Exactly.. we just need to get our confidence back up and then we will be unstoppable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred