• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM - BrisneyLand Roar v CCM : football in a alternate dimension

Forum Phoenix

The amount of negativity in this thread when we were 1 & 2-0 up

I can’t understand why…

Agree. I find it weird. Only rough period was first the five minutes going what the hell is this shit we're playing on and then ten minutes after half time when Roar were always going to come out and try and throw the kitchen sink at us. Even then, we really played an excellent match throughout. And the third in 8 days with that travel... Phenomenal imo.

FFC Mariner

I thought that was Harry's best game for us so far.
A very competent, professional win, away from home, after a gruelling schedule, under extremely difficult circumstances.
This is a champion team that on their day need fear no one in this league..
I voted for him. He won't win, stupid comp just goes to a scorer usually (or Niz if we lose)

turbo

Except maybe Reec? Was a bit weird. Slow to close down in general. Pulls out of a goal scoring possibility with the keeper?
Pulling out of that 1 on 1 well outside the box is bordering on unforgivable. You get a foot in there first and there’s a high chance the keeper gets a red. Self preservation is understandable but you want a striker who isn’t going to think that way.

Huddo

Agree. I find it weird. Only rough period was first the five minutes going what the hell is this shit we're playing on and then ten minutes after half time when Roar were always going to come out and try and throw the kitchen sink at us. Even then, we really played an excellent match throughout. And the third in 8 days with that travel... Phenomenal imo.

I guess it's trust in what MJ is doing. Last week we gave up the lead twice. 4 days later, we had trust in that same defence. There were periods in the last 10 where we'd push the pass or play it in to traffic only to loss it because of their press.

I think it's also the tension of inviting a desperate team back into the game.

This win goes along way to instilling confidence in me, that MJ is on the right path.

Edit: Just to clarify I do have trust in MJ, but I have bad memory's of parking the bus and running down the clock.

Hello Sailor

The amount of negativity in this thread when we were 1 & 2-0 up

I can’t understand why…
If you mean the parking of the bus, I'm against it. Sitting back for 20 mins in our own half and hoping that we wont make a defensive error is risky. We only need to make one error in that time and they are back in the game. They can make many errors and not be any worse off. We cede the initiative to the opposition, and when we attack we take the pressure off our defence.

Wombat

I thought that was Harry's best game for us so far.
A very competent, professional win, away from home, after a gruelling schedule, under extremely difficult circumstances.
This is a champion team that on their day need fear no one in this league..
It was definately Harry's best game BUT there is one thing that needs to be stamped out quickly. Failure to close down on the edge of the box.

marinermick

If you mean the parking of the bus, I'm against it. Sitting back for 20 mins in our own half and hoping that we wont make a defensive error is risky. We only need to make one error in that time and they are back in the game. They can make many errors and not be any worse off. We cede the initiative to the opposition, and when we attack we take the pressure off our defence.

Boys were dead on their feet. We didn’t have the legs to be expansive. It was the right tactics and it paid off.

I was extremely pleased we were this tactically flexible.

Ironbark

Finally watched the game this morning, it was a solid all round game. Bris were off their game because we shut down their lanes and harried at the right times. We scored 5 goals, albeit 2 offside, and kept a clean sheet.

After the sheer amount of games and travel recently it was a great display of fitness and concentration. Again, the tactics to put 5 at the back towards the end and be prepared to counter was a direct requirement of the load we've been under and a probably needed way to manage energy and injury risk. Smart management and the players knew their jobs.

The boys look like they're really enjoying their football again. Love seeing Niz as a playmaker, and taking the pressure off Tulio to do it all has freed him up to play his game.
You could always see the skills in Torres, and looks like he's finally settled and we're now seeing what he can do.

Enjoyable game

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred