• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Alvin Ceccoli

FFC Mariner

From Uncle Ruperts evil rag (Tele)

By David Davutovic

January 04, 2008 12:00am

CENTRAL Coast's title hopes have received a timely shot in the arm with polished left-back Alvin Ceccoli signing with the Mariners until the end of the finals campaign.

Ceccoli is a straight swap for Dean Heffernan, whose season was cruelly ended by a broken leg, and becomes just the second former Sydney FC player to join bitter rivals the Mariners, following striker Sasho Petrovski.

The 33-year-old left-back made the switch via a season-long stint with Pierre Littbarski's Japanese side Avispa Fukuoka - the same club former FC skipper Mark Rudan is joining.

Mariners coach Lawrie McKinna said the signing signalled the Mariners' title hopes were far from over.

"It will be a big lift to the squad, especially with the recent results, and it shows people we're keen to hold on to top spot," McKinna said.

"There are not many players who are available fit and of his quality.

"He's a winner, he's won championships and played about 34 games in Japan recently so he's coming in fit and experienced and that's what you need this time of season."

Ceccoli will take part in his first Mariners session today before travelling with the squad to Perth for Sunday's clash with Glory.

The Mariners signed Ceccoli on Wednesday but are awaiting a clearance from the Japanese Football Association.

Heffernan joined Nik Mrdja and Matthew Osman on the long- term injury list, although the silver lining is that Danny Vukovic, John Hutchinson, Greg Owens and Adam Kwasnik return for Sunday's clash.

rosko

Has there been a better article written this year than the one above.. All good news..  :pirashoot:

fedelta

Greenpoleffc said:
although the silver lining is that Danny Vukovic, John Hutchinson, Greg Owens and Adam Kwasnik return for Sunday's clash.

F*ck yeah! Owens back! -I thought he was out for longer?- and Ceccoli!

priorpeter

hmm.. just looked on the a-league site, and ceccoli's not in the squad thats been announced for sunday?? im confused :-(

Bex

Its awesome news!!!!!

Do you think one training session will be enough to gel with our squad before the trip to Perth? I'm still a little nervous for this game, but I guess our left back defense can't be any worse than last week.

Omni

There's going to be some arguing over the free kicks now!

GREAT signing, needed a genuine left back and we have one!

cruiser

This is great news and a complete surprise for me until now. I can go to bed tonight smiling. Bring on the Glory!! We're now guaranteed a spot in the finals thanks to Newcastle defeating Adelaide tonight - on Sunday we commence securing the minor premiership!  :pirashoot: :pirate: :eek:verhead:

grecquemariner

Love him as a player but just hope he doesnt start the tackey surfing celebrations after a goal, we dont want an archie on our team. God that looks gay.

cruiser

From today's Telegraph online:
The Mariners are still awaiting a clearance for new signing Alvin Ceccoli, who has been added as an injury replacement for Dean Heffernan.

The former Sydney FC left-back travelled with the squad to Perth last night and the Mariners can get an international clearance from the Japan Football Association as late as Sunday morning.

Hagar the Horrible

cruiser said:
This is great news and a complete surprise for me until now. I can go to bed tonight smiling. Bring on the Glory!! We're now guaranteed a spot in the finals thanks to Newcastle defeating Adelaide tonight - on Sunday we commence securing the minor premiership!  :pirashoot: :pirate: :eek:verhead:
I'm not surprised about this at all. When Heff broke his leg, I knew that Ceccoli had been released by Avispa Fukuoka and that if we were to sign a direct replacement for the rest of the season, I thought that he would have definitely been in the mix for that spot.

S

striker

Pieman said:
We're still waiting on Japan just spoke to Lawrie.

oh No!  Not waiting for the japanese agreement?..... "inscrutable oriental"

Jocwa08

I was looking on the Sydney FC forum and they were saying
Ceccoli was a good signing apart from the fact he was sh*t
I dont think they woulda been saying that after the goal
against Adelaide or Roar, or won the top defender award
in season one, jealousy ...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts