• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Australia Cup round of 32 CCM vs Sydney FC

Coastalraider

Interesting idea. Miller was a CB coming through and used his physicality to eventually dominate at RB. Maybe we could see a similar progression with Dan?

turbo

I would like to see if Hall can handle right back.... I see at this early stage RB is our difficult area ... Aquilina only one game so hard to drop him this early but if he fails we need a back up ... not a bench player stepping in...
Aquilina has already shown he can do it at A league level. Was very close between him and Russell at WSW. He had a bad game individually but the team as a whole in that first half had a shocker. LB & RB can't operate how we expect them to if we can't have some sort of midfield support and we're a mess at CB. Then there's the extra pressure from Hall losing the foot race on every long ball which is very out of character. He would have looked poor at RB too IMO.

Monty has said there is a visa and an Australian CB
I didnt see that one, was it 2 CBs or 1 visa player in general and 1 aus cb? Can't think of too many experienced CBs we could bring in that are locals.

shipwreck

Aquilina has already shown he can do it at A league level. Was very close between him and Russell at WSW. He had a bad game individually but the team as a whole in that first half had a shocker. LB & RB can't operate how we expect them to if we can't have some sort of midfield support and we're a mess at CB. Then there's the extra pressure from Hall losing the foot race on every long ball which is very out of character. He would have looked poor at RB too IMO.

I didnt see that one, was it 2 CBs or 1 visa player in general and 1 aus cb? Can't think of too many experienced CBs we could bring in that are locals.
Yeh the comments from Monty were very interesting, I don't remember him saying he was Australian, but I do remember him saying that "he knew him very well" with an undeniable little smirk on his face.

I really can't wait to find out who it is

Rising Sun

He didn't say Australian CB. He said a visa CB and another CB - "he knew him very well".
Yes he didn't say Australian, although it would have to be Aussie unless we landed Vuka or a non visa GK. He did also say it was "maybe" for the 2nd CB.

If we were lining up Vuka, I did wonder about Phil Jagielka as a left field option for the 2nd CB. Monty certainly knows him well, they played together at Sheff Utd for a few years. He turns 40 this month but was still going round in the championship last season. He is contracted to Stoke until the end of the year but is possibly surplus to requirements there now

marinermick

New goal keeper coach has arrived from overseas. Apparently the most qualified and credentialed goal keeper coach in the country now. Anyone know his background?

My tip is that his contacts will land us a visa GK and it won’t be Vuka.

Souzer is a more than capable number two. Work on his crossing and distribution and he can easily be a number one. Outstanding shot stopper.

Rising Sun

New goal keeper coach has arrived from overseas. Apparently the most qualified and credentialed goal keeper coach in the country now. Anyone know his background?

My tip is that his contacts will land us a visa GK and it won’t be Vuka.

Souzer is a more than capable number two. Work on his crossing and distribution and he can easily be a number one. Outstanding shot stopper.
Doesn't sound like the route we are going down but I wonder if Langerak is ready to come back to Oz? His current contract is up in Jan, but I think the J-league finishes in Nov so he could potentially be available straight after the world cup break.

Would be happy to stick with Sozer for a few weeks (or maybe the new coach can find a short term loan signing) if we could land Langerak on a long term deal

Forum Phoenix

I'd like to see Dan Hall step into the Stens DM role. He steps out really well and is a good passer of the ball

Same thoughts. I could get well and truly behind this. I personally think he’s just too technically and athletically talented and has more to offer than typical in a CB.

Not quite as strong yet, but much better than Mile, Griffiths or Stens on the ball.

Like Millers skills were far better suited to RB. Rowles…started LB, but skills/temperament much better suited to CB.

As an opponent, I’d much rather be battling Steele than Dan for the middle of the park,

Last edited:

Tevor

Totally agree and I don't think we should right off Aquilina just yet, new team and set up and we did have some pretty poor periods as a team throughout that match which compounded him being isolated.

I'm afraid it may be another season of no respect for possession and being vulnerable to any team that can efficiently press us just like last season.

Meerkat

Couldn't attach a screenshot for some reason. Mighty Dan Hall on Instagram apologising to fans and team mates for the red card on the weekend.

Many comments supporting him. However one Harry McCarthy commented "Not forgiven" :)

Thought it was a commendable post. Poor guy. Saw McCarthy’s comment but Dan liked it so assumed it was tongue in cheek.

Wombat

I'd like to see Dan Hall step into the Stens DM role. He steps out really well and is a good passer of the ball
He is too Gun shy atm......just likes to play it safe with a sideways pass or backpass to the keeper. Rarely carries the ball and his passing is only OK......BUT.....with coaching and continued onfield confidence he could definitely play that role.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami