• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCF CIRCA 2010

marcus67

It is a democracy, its your right express your discontent.

If you want to run it the way it was in the past I'd suggest you put your hand up to be a fixtures officer.

starfish

None of this has anything to do with the "new" board, "old" board, new draws, old draws, websites, transperancy, democracy or any number of issues or reasons that have been raised.

It is a simple matter of choice of the competition model-
1 - 10 team competitions (18 games) with wash out games played mid week or as double headers Sat/Sun which was done in the past.
2 - 8-9 team competitions (14 -16 games) with spare weekends for washouts if necessary or gala days if there are no wash outs which was one proposal
3 - 10 team competitions (18 games) with no wash out games being played and any game that is washed out affecting the entire grade. So if Ourimbah, for example, is closed on Saturday morning, then EVERY grade in EVERY age group or division that had one of their matches being played at Ourimbah  that day is affected, even if every other ground is bone dry and playable.

The last option is the one that CCF has taken, based on the preference of the clubs that voted. The vote that was taken at that meeting was not binding and the Board did not have to follow that decision but chose to based on the what the delegates and fixtures officers at the clubs said they wanted.

What the clubs didnt think about was what their players wanted - not just what the fixtures officers wanted.

Did any of the delegates or fixtures officers that were there actually consider that a localised downpour on the peninsula washing out 36 games at Umina, SEU and Woy Woy could mean that possibly another 144 games being played at Wyong, Kanwal, Toukley, Budgewoi, The Entrance, Berkely Vale and Killarney could be declared a 2-2 draw.

starfish

Jimmy said:
What do they care? They've already got your money.
I would like to think that my club cares more about me and all of the players they have playing for them rather than the $20 or so that they get off me for my registration.

J

jiggles

starfish said:
Jimmy said:
I would like to think that my club cares more about me and all of the players they have playing for them rather than the $20 or so that they get off me for my registration.

Your havin' a larf.

starfish

poko said:
starfish said:
Jimmy said:

Your havin' a larf.
No I'm not. Are you seriously trying to tell me that the club you play are focused more on money than their players. If that is so then that is very, very sad. The clubs Ive played for and been involved with have generally got through from season to season putting all the money they make from rego, canteen and fundraising back into the players, junior and senior, in strips, training gear, junior presentations, coaching courses and so on.
If there are clubs here on the coast who put money first before players then maybe they should be publicly "outed" with examples of what they are doing.

marcus67

Just so we have all the facts - as someone who voted on behalf of Gosford City at the meeting, along with two others (one of which was our fixtures officer), and as a player and coach myself, I would point out to you that my greatest concern was with filling up the weeks available with games. Ideally, this would be without a Finals series that only wastes several weeks of games that could have been played on vacant fields we pay for.

The models for 8 team comps & indeed 6 team comps were for 15/16 regular season games with several spare weekends, and therefore potentially (in my personal opinion) too many no game weekends. Basically, if you didnt make the semi's, I felt you were not going to get your monies worth at circa $260-$270, plus $5 per week refs fees etc. If you play on average 40-50 minutes per week, over 15 games you do the math on $ per minute.

I feel quite strongly that the model whereby the weeks are all filled with games, logically has the potential of seeing you play a higher number of games in the season. These days, playing lower grade football (or 0'35's) for me is all about playing, not about winning. I'm more concerned about 'getting value for money' in terms of playing time. I dont get wound up about 'fairness' in a retrospective 2-2 draw, when we won the game 5-0. Lifes too short.

I cant speak for others, but my decision to support it was all about value for money nothing to do with what was 'hard'.

The CCF directors, in their defence, were very clear through the discussion on expressing the reservations that many in their member clubs may have about going down this path. Many present had their say, and the whole range of implications were clearly laid out. The clubs spoke as virtually one on this. 

marinermick

marcus67 said:
The models for 8 team comps & indeed 6 team comps were for 15/16 regular season games with several spare weekends, and therefore potentially (in my personal opinion) too many no game weekends. Basically, if you didnt make the semi's, I felt you were not going to get your monies worth at circa $260-$270, plus $5 per week refs fees etc. If you play on average 40-50 minutes per week, over 15 games you do the math on $ per minute.

and how do i get value if only 12-14 games are played this season because there are washouts?

last season, which was a good season weather wise, we had five washouts, of which three were replayed

under the current system that would mean 13 games

WELL INFORMED

marinermick said:
marcus67 said:

and how do i get value if only 12-14 games are played this season because there are washouts?

last season, which was a good season weather wise, we had five washouts, of which three were replayed

Mick , I think the best suggestion is to play for a club that has a good record of their field being open, at least you still get a game , it might not count but you get a game!!

Get the feeling from a few comments lately that players think that clubs/committees owe them something, wrong, other way around, no committee no play!!!! Typical attitude today though!!

WELL INFORMED

smart thinking, lets start a club, first we will get players, plenty of money!! sorry got no one to organise it, club folds

marinermick

WELL INFORMED said:
marinermick said:
marcus67 said:

Mick , I think the best suggestion is to play for a club that has a good record of their field being open, at least you still get a game , it might not count but you get a game!!

Get the feeling from a few comments lately that players think that clubs/committees owe them something, wrong, other way around, no committee no play!!!! Typical attitude today though!!

no players no committee

what's your point?

committees at least owe us decision making that it is in the interests of the paying customer, not ones to make their lives more comfortable at the expense of player health and welfare

i think people sometimes forget why they are on committees

WELL INFORMED

marinermick said:
WELL INFORMED said:
marinermick said:
marcus67 said:

no players no committee

what's your point?

committees at least owe us decision making that it is in the interests of the paying customer, not ones to make their lives more comfortable at the expense of player health and welfare

i think people sometimes forget why they are on committees
Mick, people are on committees because so many people can't be bothered putting in the time, they would just rather sit back and whinge about what other people decide. You only have to look around at most clubs and you see the same old faces every year running the show, and not all because they want to be there, it is mainly because no one else will put their hand up and takeover. Once you hold a position you do feel obligated to continue in that  postition if no one else will do it, because if you don't ,then it puts a lot of pressure on the rest of the committee who are usually people you have a great deal of respect for.

Mick, can't wait to see if you line up at this years AGM for Ourimbah, you are the man to get in and make things perfect. You also get to have a say at CCF meetings, can't wait to see you there.
Agree you need to have a say about things but to criticise people who ARE prepared to do a job that YOU are not prepared to do yourself, is not on. ( all this is assuming that you have not applied for a position on OUR committee and not been voted in).

Have the last say Mick, i am done and dusted on this topic, like bashing my head against a brick wall, not going to win against so many that are on not on a committee. it will always be the same as long as my rear end points to the ground, you will have people that will volunteer their time, and you will have people that won't volunteer their time but sit back and criticise!!!!

Join Eggy at Kanwal their ground is pretty good in the wet!!

marinermick

hasbeen said:
As usual, them that does the least work, whinge the loudest.

You really shouldn't make comments about people you do not know about. Quite easy, when in power, to make a decision that means you have less work and not think about the people that voted you in that position.

And the comment above belittles the hours of work non-committee members put in to their clubs at the coalface rather than wanking on at a committee meeting for a couple of hours once a month.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred