• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCF CIRCA 2010

J

jiggles

Well, we had a ref and 2 linesmen on the weekend. So I'm happy at the moment with CCF :)

starfish

hasbeen said:
The Director of Competitions did not spit the dummy. He resigned for a specific reason ... ask your Fixtures Officer or whoever was present at the Fixtures Officer's meeting last Wednesday and they will tell you. Best get the facts together before having a rant ...
Blind acceptance of what you are being told isnt getting the facts together....the Director of competitions resigned because the position wasnt what he thought it was going to be. He thought that he would have staff employed who were capable of doing the draw instead of having to do it himself.

hasbeen

starfish said:
hasbeen said:
The Director of Competitions did not spit the dummy. He resigned for a specific reason ... ask your Fixtures Officer or whoever was present at the Fixtures Officer's meeting last Wednesday and they will tell you. Best get the facts together before having a rant ...
Blind acceptance of what you are being told isnt getting the facts together....the Director of competitions resigned because the position wasnt what he thought it was going to be. He thought that he would have staff employed who were capable of doing the draw instead of having to do it himself.

Source?

darrensprod

Guys,

Been reading with Interest but need to correct one thing.  CCF has two jobs that have been advertised on our website.  The Previous Director of Competitions expressed an interest in applying for the position.  I have told all my directors that the moment they wish to apply for a position in the office they MUST resign to avoid any conflicts of interest. 

Marty acted in good faith the whole time.  He did the draws this year along with the assistance of others and then resigned because he wished to apply for one of the positions in the office.  This is another reason why it was sent to an external recruiter.  To ensure transparency.

Hope this clears up any misconceptions

Regards
Darren Sprod

Ted

FFC Mariner said:
Keep up the good work Darren

Notwithstanding the whole washout thing, you guys have done great work so far.

Agreed, although a ref for our game last weekend would have been nice.  :p

I was chatting to a independant spectator to our game today (his broter inlaw plays in an a different ourimbah team)and he said the bias of the stand in ref was beyond obvious.

marinermick

Ted said:
FFC Mariner said:

I was chatting to a independant spectator to our game today (his broter inlaw plays in an a different ourimbah team)and he said the bias of the stand in ref was beyond obvious.

Wasn't really close enough to the play to see and hear what was going on.

In all honesty though you would not have won the game. Ourimbah was camped in your half most of the game and deserved to win.

WELL INFORMED

darrensprod said:
Guys,

Been reading with Interest but need to correct one thing.  CCF has two jobs that have been advertised on our website.  The Previous Director of Competitions expressed an interest in applying for the position.  I have told all my directors that the moment they wish to apply for a position in the office they MUST resign to avoid any conflicts of interest. 

Marty acted in good faith the whole time.  He did the draws this year along with the assistance of others and then resigned because he wished to apply for one of the positions in the office.  This is another reason why it was sent to an external recruiter.  To ensure transparency.

Regards
Darren Sprod

Darren, what was the reason behind the director of coaching finishing up, I heard he was in there only feathering his own nest/club!  If so he should be in politics!
True???

FFC Mariner

WELL INFORMED said:
darrensprod said:
Guys,

Regards
Darren Sprod

Darren, what was the reason behind the director of coaching finishing up, I heard he was in there only feathering his own nest/club!  If so he should be in politics!
True???

In all seriousness, how on earth is he supposed to reply to a question like that one?

FFC Mariner

marinermick said:
Ted said:
FFC Mariner said:

In all honesty though you would not have won the game. Ourimbah was camped in your half most of the game and deserved to win.

Not really the point Mick. Getting beat fair and square by a better side is one thing. Being denied the chance to compete is quite different

dibo

FFC Mariner said:
WELL INFORMED said:
darrensprod said:
Guys,

Regards
Darren Sprod

True???

In all seriousness, how on earth is he supposed to reply to a question like that one?

It's not a question. It's just an assertion. The onus is on our anonymous friend to make the case rather than the Darren to prove him wrong, is it not?

marinermick

FFC Mariner said:
marinermick said:
Ted said:
FFC Mariner said:

Not really the point Mick. Getting beat fair and square by a better side is one thing. Being denied the chance to compete is quite different

seems to me that all the whinging and blowups about decisions were made towards the end when the game was done and dusted

hasbeen

Massive news form the CCF ...
M18A, M21A, WPL, MPL Res and Firsts GF's to be played at Bluetongue on Sat. 4 September

J

jiggles

hasbeen said:
Massive news form the CCF ...
M18A, M21A, WPL, MPL Res and Firsts GF's to be played at Bluetongue on Sat. 4 September

YAY GO THEM. OMFG IM SO f**kING HAPPY.

Whatever. What about the rest of us who paid our fees, and never actually get to play?

Pretty sure there are more players than just the First Graders etc.

Sym

Your anger
I likes it

surely you know by now that if you aren't in the top league
you will be treated like ass.

tis lame but is how things work.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics