• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCF CIRCA 2010

marinermick

WELL INFORMED said:
marinermick said:
WELL INFORMED said:
marinermick said:
marcus67 said:
The models for 8 team comps & indeed 6 team comps were for 15/16 regular season games with several spare weekends, and therefore potentially (in my personal opinion) too many no game weekends. Basically, if you didnt make the semi's, I felt you were not going to get your monies worth at circa $260-$270, plus $5 per week refs fees etc. If you play on average 40-50 minutes per week, over 15 games you do the math on $ per minute.

and how do i get value if only 12-14 games are played this season because there are washouts?

last season, which was a good season weather wise, we had five washouts, of which three were replayed

under the current system that would mean 13 games

Mick , I think the best suggestion is to play for a club that has a good record of their field being open, at least you still get a game , it might not count but you get a game!!

Get the feeling from a few comments lately that players think that clubs/committees owe them something, wrong, other way around, no committee no play!!!! Typical attitude today though!!

no players no committee

what's your point?

committees at least owe us decision making that it is in the interests of the paying customer, not ones to make their lives more comfortable at the expense of player health and welfare

i think people sometimes forget why they are on committees

Mick, can't wait to see if you line up at this years AGM for Ourimbah, you are the man to get in and make things perfect. You also get to have a say at CCF meetings, can't wait to see you there.
Agree you need to have a say about things but to criticise people who ARE prepared to do a job that YOU are not prepared to do yourself, is not on. ( all this is assuming that you have not applied for a position on OUR committee and not been voted in).

Ah, that old chestnut. So under your theory you have never criticised a decision made by the local, state or federal government you voted in because you haven't run for parliament yourself?

Just because you have run for your local committee it doesn't mean you can rest on your laurels and not be scrutinised for the decisions you make. Comments like these by people in charge demonstrate that people have lost touch on why they are on committees and eventually lead to abuses in power. The comments on this forum should drive those who made the decisions to rethink what they have done and to constantly strive to improve the health and welfare of the players who have voted you in that position.

Two less games of football could mean the difference between one of your 35s player getting a heart attack or not. I bet you didn't think of that when voting. I bet you didn't think of his wife and kids in the process as well.

These are potentially the magnitudes of decisions you guys make when in meetings and because people whinge they are not important, or they shouldn't be listened to? And don't think I am in the minority here. At training on Wednesday I did not know one player in one Over 35s or one All Age team happy with the decision. In fact, some were quite angry. Did you canvass the options with your players before makign the decision?

We have voted you in a position of responsibility and trust so that you can look after our best interests, making sure we get value for money, but ultimately looking after our health and welfare. And when we dare make a comment against your decision all you can say is "if you don't like it, why don't you run". Quite frankly that attitude disappoints me and probably the reason Central Coast football has floundered the last few years.

I have served on many football committees for many years even getting a Centenary Medal from the Australian government for my contribution and a University Colour on the way, coupled with a host of clubman awards. I have served many years on the Ourimbah committee and have put countless hours voluntarily for the betterment of Australian football along the way. I still put countless hours to betterment of my club and its players but not in a committee position. In fact, I probably put more hours than some of the people who vote that night.

Never in that time I have not thought about the people I represent. I was criticised plenty of times but I always saw it as an opportunity to improve things. I also understood that people were cared and passionate enough to voice their opinion and therefore that opinion should be respected.

However people don't get on committees for awards or recognition from their peers. They do it to enrich the lives of the people they represent and in the meantime feel good that they are helping people achieve their goals. They do it to improve the situation that their friends, colleagues and family and quite frankly this decison has done nothing to improve their situation.

masmariner

hasbeen said:
As usual, them that does the least work, whinge the loudest.

Not always, many are on committee's for their own benefit plenty there to push there own agendas.
A lot stay well past their time and dont want other's involved in decision making there is not enough tranparency in information between clubs and their members.

Kareem

But on the other side.
To be blunt, stupid to start season middle weekend of holidays.
Teams across the board missing players. I'm missing 4. We had u12s have to back up in u14s.
u12C's SEU played with 9 men
Radinho's team missing 3 CM's
My team wasnt the worst off, so I feel more sorry for others eg. 12C's
It sucked top be an away team today, makes backups all the harder! And also sucks for smaller clubs!!!

4 players missing
1 on family vacation
1 visiting dad in QLD
1 visiting dad in sydney

That's my venting.
I just dont see the logic.

Ofcourse the response will be crap about not enough weeks in the season. I just think we need to be a bit smarter about these sort of things.

Ted

Kareem said:
But on the other side.
Teams across the board missing players. I'm missing 4. We had u12s have to back up in u14s.
It sucked top be an away team today, makes backups all the harder! And also sucks for smaller clubs!!!

4 players missing
1 on family vacation
1 visiting dad in QLD
1 visiting dad in sydney

That's my venting.

Ofcourse the response will be crap about not enough weeks in the season. I just think we need to be a bit smarter about these sort of things.

If it only impacted one team mate yes I'd agree, but just about every team will have players unavailable due to the holidays. I'd be almost positive the team your team played were also in the same boat.

dibo

when i was playing juniors i'm sure we played even in holidays and we just got on with it. it's football and teams might miss a player here and there but that's life.

that said, in my association we don't play in the middle weekend of school hols (including this weekend - juniors start next week) and we certainly do have the opposite complaint from junior clubs of there not being enough games.

marinermick

WELL INFORMED said:
Mick, too tired to comment , have just spent approx 10 hours at our ground LOOKING AFTER the people I represent!!!!

Don't worry, you will get plenty of time off on washout weekends and the extra holiday dates in between.

Kareem

Ted said:
Kareem said:
But on the other side.

4 players missing
1 on family vacation
1 visiting dad in QLD
1 visiting dad in sydney

That's my venting.

If it only impacted one team mate yes I'd agree, but just about every team will have players unavailable due to the holidays. I'd be almost positive the team your team played were also in the same boat.
HA!
Checked the teamsheet. 1 player missing! Who was replaced with a 14D's player (who played before us). I assume he would have been one of the better 14D's players.
Kincumber = bigger club + at home. 2 advantages
+ the fact only 1 player missing
We had to delve into lower grades (13E's and 12C's). We had 5 underage players
And our 13E's player (who did brilliant in goals), had to leave 15 mins before end of game, so he could make his own game at KDS.

Ourimbah 12C's had 2 subs, (compared to SEU's 2 men short)
SEU home sides went mostly alright. Maybe 12A's were short, but they would have filled up with 11A's. So it did happen to go in SEU's advantage...the luck of home ground advantage. (have no clue as to situation of the away teams playing SEU)
In fact my old team u15B's had a full team apparently (but 2 backed up for 16c's...so i suppose they didnt have enough, but they managed to win- home ground advantage?)

Like I said our position wasnt the worst, but it was pretty detrimental
I assume for even smaller clubs, and other away teams...it would have been hard!

And dibo
In my day (the 00's)
We didnt play middle week of holidays
We played weekend after school finished. And weekend before school resumed.
Hence missing only one week!
I miss that awesome planning...

Kareem

marinermick said:
WELL INFORMED said:
Mick, too tired to comment , have just spent approx 10 hours at our ground LOOKING AFTER the people I represent!!!!

Don't worry, you will get plenty of time off on washout weekends and the extra holiday dates in between.
:goodpost:
:piralaugh:

hasbeen

marinermick said:
hasbeen said:
As usual, them that does the least work, whinge the loudest.

You really shouldn't make comments about people you do not know about. Quite easy, when in power, to make a decision that means you have less work and not think about the people that voted you in that position.

And the comment above belittles the hours of work non-committee members put in to their clubs at the coalface rather than wanking on at a committee meeting for a couple of hours once a month.

"Wanking on at a committee meeting for a couple of hours a month"  .... ? Maybe at your club, but certainly not mine. We hold an AGM which nobody attends because they might have to put their hands up. We hold monthly meetings which nobody bothers to attend because they can't be bothered. 90% of all players & parents think that paying their rego is the sum total of their involvement for the year. The majority of clubs voted for the wash-out system this year, so does that mean that the majority of committee members from those clubs only had their own interests at heart and not their members. That the majority of committee members at those clubs either have a vested interest or don't listen to their members? Maybe at your club but not mine.

Gopher of Pern

One question to ask is is every field being utilised at all times during the season? At least on Sundays, we now have the 18's and 21's playing, as well as everyone else that was playing last year. This could mean that there are only a few fields that aren't being used. How could games be moved, in the case of a washout, when there are so few available?

It seems to me that CCF are doing what they can to utilise all the fields on all the weekends available. Which is a good thing. The only downside is there is no time or fields available in the case of a field being washed out. Maybe abolishing the finals series will give us some free weekends to play catch up matches if needed? Or we could lobby the local government to give us more/better fields?

Kareem

option A
lobby
When that obviously fails
Then, abolish final series. But that will never happen
When that fails
Whinge on a forum :p

offtheball

Clearly a concern that was expressed pre season has become a problem after one round.

With 18's going to Sundays there was a worry that there would not be enough refs to cover all Sunday games.

There were a lot of complaints on here that games had no refs. At the same time there were many games with a ref and 2 assistants. I can only assume the games with three officials had refs involved who are ineligble to officiate in seniors games.

WELL INFORMED

Reason given by refs association was that school holidays had caused the shortage, even Sproddy had to come out of retirement and  do a Premier league game. I bet The Entrance are not happy about that!!!

regarding the games with 3 officials I think you will find out that your assumption is correct

starfish

WELL INFORMED said:
Reason given by refs association was that school holidays had caused the shortage, even Sproddy had to come out of retirement and  do a Premier league game. I bet The Entrance are not happy about that!!!

regarding the games with 3 officials I think you will find out that your assumption is correct

Wouldn't have anything to do with Sproddy having to do a certain amount of games to retain his grading would it?

Or was it a case of Darren AGAIN having to do things himself to make good on his promises because he is let down by those around him. The referees were right behind the move away from Friday nights and there would be no problems covering all of the games regardless of school holidays. There was no reason why this wouldnt be believed - remember that until a week ago the CCF Director of Competitions was also the Referees Appointments officer. If he was able to give that guarantee then why wouldnt it happen? After he spat the dummy after just 3 months as a Director of CCF, why is it that in the first week of the comp he cant find enough referees out of the 200 they have to cover all the games? And yes, I do agree that a lot of those numbers are juniors who can only be ARs on Senior games but surely that was already taken into account.

hasbeen

starfish said:
WELL INFORMED said:

Wouldn't have anything to do with Sproddy having to do a certain amount of games to retain his grading would it?

Or was it a case of Darren AGAIN having to do things himself to make good on his promises because he is let down by those around him. The referees were right behind the move away from Friday nights and there would be no problems covering all of the games regardless of school holidays. There was no reason why this wouldnt be believed - remember that until a week ago the CCF Director of Competitions was also the Referees Appointments officer. If he was able to give that guarantee then why wouldnt it happen? After he spat the dummy after just 3 months as a Director of CCF, why is it that in the first week of the comp he cant find enough referees out of the 200 they have to cover all the games? And yes, I do agree that a lot of those numbers are juniors who can only be ARs on Senior games but surely that was already taken into account.

The Director of Competitions did not spit the dummy. He resigned for a specific reason ... ask your Fixtures Officer or whoever was present at the Fixtures Officer's meeting last Wednesday and they will tell you. Best get the facts together before having a rant ...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred