• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Lightning 2009

Wilsons

kevrenor said:
'Lightning strikes at last' - Last placed Central Coast Lightning grabbed a much needed win after overcoming a sluggish start to defeat Mt Druitt Town Rangers 2-1 on Monday and complete Super League Round 6
Ist Grade
Mt Druitt Town Rangers FC 1 (Michael Nero 80') lost to Central Coast Lightning FC 2 (Brady Smith 47', Jamie Lobb 63')

Grade 20 - tba

SUPER YOUTH LEAGUE: ROUND 6:
GRADE 13: Mounties Wanderers 1 - Central Coast Lightning 0
GRADE 14: Mounties Wanderers 1 - Central Coast Lightning 3
GRADE 15: Mounties Wanderers 1 - Central Coast Lightning 2
GRADE 16: Mounties Wanderers 2 - Central Coast Lightning 0
GRADE 18: Mounties Wanderers 3 - Central Coast Lightning 2

Go the Coasties

kevrenor

strasni said:
kevrenor said:
Atomic said:
Ease up Mr "Holier than thou". Not everyone has the intestinal fortitude to confront a racist.
Too true, at Christie yesterday where I was 'working' there was a large Bossy supporter, with many large Bossy supporters, behind Bossy club officials, calling the referees and most Spirit players (esp. Agyei) a monkey!  I felt like giving him a serve but thought better of it. :ashamed:

While i agree that the game itself got a bit heated (mainly due to the butchers who think they are playing a game of rugby, not football i might add) and some of the comments were not really nice, you really should tell the whole story. You are quick to point out bossy supporters, but no mention of any of the spirit supporters and their comments. I don't condone comments from either side, but if you are going to tell a story then tell the whole story.
Finally, within their own circles calling someone a monkey is not really an insult at all, let alone a racial remark. It just so happend that at the time the player in question was black. I noticed how you also missed out to mention that in the second half they called another player a monkey and he was white.

Interesting ... thanks for the comments ...I'll just add two facts.
1. I was sitting among the Bossy supporters, not the Spirit ones.
2. I'm a bit deaf so am sure that I didn't hear everything (and didn't say that I did).

strasni

kevrenor said:
strasni said:
kevrenor said:
Atomic said:
Ease up Mr "Holier than thou". Not everyone has the intestinal fortitude to confront a racist.
Too true, at Christie yesterday where I was 'working' there was a large Bossy supporter, with many large Bossy supporters, behind Bossy club officials, calling the referees and most Spirit players (esp. Agyei) a monkey!  I felt like giving him a serve but thought better of it. :ashamed:

While i agree that the game itself got a bit heated (mainly due to the butchers who think they are playing a game of rugby, not football i might add) and some of the comments were not really nice, you really should tell the whole story. You are quick to point out bossy supporters, but no mention of any of the spirit supporters and their comments. I don't condone comments from either side, but if you are going to tell a story then tell the whole story.
Finally, within their own circles calling someone a monkey is not really an insult at all, let alone a racial remark. It just so happend that at the time the player in question was black. I noticed how you also missed out to mention that in the second half they called another player a monkey and he was white.

Interesting ... thanks for the comments ...I'll just add two facts.
1. I was sitting among the Bossy supporters, not the Spirit ones.
2. I'm a bit deaf so am sure that I didn't hear everything (and didn't say that I did).

That's cool mate, didn't mean to accuse you of anything and I will also admit that some of our supporters are just brainless morons and most of our supporters will say the same thing about a few individuals. I was simply saying that your initial post was only half the story. The whole situation was caused by Spirit players who were clearly tried to injure couple of our players, which in the end they did at the third attempt and they did good job on on of them as he is still out injured. They are a good side, but by far the dirtiest team we played against in the last 2 years.

Well done on the win against Mt. Druitt by the way. Hopefully you can now build on that for the remainder of the season.

strasni

FFC Mariner said:
How can directing the word "monkey" at a black player NOT be racist?

I am genuinely interested to hear how

Its sort of similar how here you hear people call someone a wanker and you say that without thinking twice about it. In Bosnia you call someone a monkey without thinking about it as well and take my word for it, there are no black people in Bosnia.
At that particular instance it turned out to be a black guy. I agree that it was not appropriate at that particular moment, but i also know that there was no racist motivation behind it. As i said, in the second half a few individuals called another player a monkey and he was as white as a white person can be. I myself actually told off one of those guys and told him to watch his mouth and think a bit before saying something as stupid as that and it was only then that he realised that it was not appropriate at that particular instance.
As i said earlier, I'm not excusing it by any means, but that is just how it is.

kevrenor

NSW SUPER LEAGUE: ROUND 8
08/05/2010

FIRST GRADE: St George FC 2 (R Maekawa 28m R Lagos 93m) - Central Coast Lightning 2 (Nathan Moseley 17m Darren Cooper 87m).
(Good away result but still last, 2 points behind Fraser Park)

GRADE 20: St George FC 0 - Central Coast Lightning 4.

SUPER YOUTH LEAGUE: ROUND 8:
GRADE 13: Schofield Scorpions 1 - Central Coast Lightning 3
GRADE 14: Schofield Scorpions 0 - Central Coast Lightning 5
GRADE 15: Schofield Scorpions 1 - Central Coast Lightning 0
GRADE 16: Schofield Scorpions 0 - Central Coast Lightning 0
GRADE 18: Schofield Scorpions 2 - Central Coast Lightning 1

kevrenor

NSW SUPER LEAGUE: ROUND 9:
FIRST GRADE: Central Coast Lightning 0 - Northern Tigers 1 (Tom Spencer
49m)
GRADE 20: Central Coast Lightning 2 - Northern Tigers 1.

SUPER YOUTH LEAGUE: ROUND 9:
GRADE 13: Central Coast Lightning 5 - Northern Tigers 0.
GRADE 14: Central Coast Lightning 0 - Northern Tigers 1.
GRADE 15: Central Coast Lightning 2 - Northern Tigers 2.
GRADE 16: Central Coast Lightning 1 - Northern Tigers 0.
GRADE 18: Central Coast Lightning 2 - Northern Tigers 1.

grendel

Pluim Park closed for Super League and Super Youth League fixtures Saturday 22 May 2010 - washout -

Source:  CCFootball website

kevrenor

grendel said:
Pluim Park closed for Super League and Super Youth League fixtures Saturday 22 May 2010 - washout -

Source:  CCFootball website

FIRST GRADE:
Central Coast Lightning 2 (B Smith 21m M Mitchell
78m) - Sydney University 1 (L Delaney 48m).
GRADE 20: Central Coast Lightning 2 - Sydney University 1.

Played at Seymour Shaw on the synthetic pitch - as soon as they get a decent surface they do OK.

SUPER YOUTH LEAGUE: ROUND 11:
GRADE 13: Central Coast Lightning 1 - Sydney University 3.
GRADE 14: Central Coast Lightning 1 - Sydney University 2
GRADE 15: Central Coast Lightning 3 - Sydney University 5
GRADE 16: Central Coast Lightning 0 - Sydney University 2.
GRADE 18: Central Coast Lightning 2 - Sydney University 0

kevrenor

NSW SUPER LEAGUE: ROUND 13:
FIRST GRADE: Granville Rage 5 (Kris Holbrook 31',90' Nenos Bobo 18',66', Fred Graham 44m) - Central Coast Lightning 1 (Ben Glachan 4')
GRADE 20: Granville Rage 0 - Central Coast Lightning 1

FNSW Round 13 wrap:

http://www.footballnsw.com.au/index.php?id=77

SUPER YOUTH LEAGUE:
ROUND 13: GRADE 13: Granville Rage 1 - Central Coast Lightning 3.
GRADE 14: Granville Rage 1 - Central Coast Lightning 6.
GRADE 15: Granville Rage 3 - Central Coast Lightning 4.
GRADE 16: Granville Rage 1 - Central Coast Lightning 0.
GRADE 18: Granville Rage 0 - Central Coast Lightning 0
RESCHEDULED
GAMES: ROUND 10: GRADE 14: Central Coast Lightning 2 - Macarthur Rams 0

kevrenor

7:30 PM Sat 26/Jun Central Coast Lightning vs Dulwich Hill - WASHED OUT!!!

Re-scheduled game vs Macarthur Rams to be played on Wednesday evening

kevrenor

NSW SUPER LEAGUE:
ROUND 16:
FIRST GRADE:
Fraser Park FC 4 (L Gunn 25m, Alex Smith 48m, C Musumeci 63m, A Russo 87m,) defeated
Central Coast Lightning FC 2 (Graham Toope 32m, Brady Smith 45m)
GRADE 20:
Fraser Park FC 1 Central Coast Lightning 3

SUPER YOUTH LEAGUE: ROUND 16:
GRADE 13: Western Panthers 3 - Central Coast Lightning 0
GRADE 14: Western Panthers 0 - Central Coast Lightning 0
GRADE 15: Western Panthers 0 - Central Coast Lightning 1
GRADE 16: Western Panthers 0 - Central Coast Lightning 1
GRADE 18: Western Panthers 0 - Central Coast Lightning 0

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors