• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Lightning 2009

FFC Mariner

Atomic said:
Ease up Mr "Holier than thou". Not everyone has the intestinal fortitude to confront a racist.

Fair point too, not sure how the situation is helped by a punch up breaking out

Paolo

Well if he doesnt want to confront the person, he could always approach one of the ground officials

ccf

He may have been a ground official!  Having been to local and Sydney games I have found the ground officials at Central Coast are usually standing right beside the person/people who are yelling out abuse.  Paolo you seem to be missing the point here, this was a Parent at an U16 game - what does this show our kids about respect and fairplay etc. 

kevrenor

Atomic said:
Ease up Mr "Holier than thou". Not everyone has the intestinal fortitude to confront a racist.
Too true, at Christie yesterday where I was 'working' there was a large Bossy supporter, with many large Bossy supporters, behind Bossy club officials, calling the referees and most Spirit players (esp. Agyei) a monkey!  I felt like giving him a serve but thought better of it. :ashamed:

kevrenor

Clash of two Mariners feeder clubs on Saturday night:

"Central Coast Lightning this week welcome Spirit FC at Pluim Park. Peter Preston suggested there would be changes for this match, not happy with the two losses to date, so Spirit can expect a fired up Coast.

Spirit FC the visitors, somewhat uncharacteristically, lost at home last weekend and sit on just the one point. No doubt, that wont sit easy with the champions. One senses that this could be a battle royal."

Pluim Park, 7:30pm, Saturday 3rd April
Central Coast Lightning vs Spirit FC

ps. Spirit this year appears to be an Orgad free zone
http://back-of-the-net.com/2009-2010/NSW/SL-R2-GSvsLB.htm

kevrenor

NSW SUPER LEAGUE: ROUND 3:
FIRST GRADE:
Central Coast Lightning 1 (Darren Cooper 48') - Spirit FC 2 (Ben Gough 65', 87')
GRADE 20: Central Coast Lightning 0 - Spirit FC 0

SUPER YOUTH LEAGUE: ROUND 3:
GRADE 13: Central Coast Lightning 4 - Spirit FC 1.
GRADE 14: Central Coast Lightning 0 - Spirit FC 4.
GRADE 15: Central Coast Lightning 0 - Spirit FC 1.
GRADE 16: Central Coast Lightning 0 - Spirit FC 2.
GRADE 18: Central Coast Lightning 3 - Spirit FC 1.

kevrenor

NSW SUPER LEAGUE: ROUND 4:
FIRST GRADE: Dulwich Hill 4 (Antony Faria 7m, Norm Tome 17m J Young 59/61m) - Central Coast Lightning 2 (M Harper 80m, J Lobb 89m)
GRADE 20: Dulwich Hill 4 - Central Coast Lightning 1

SUPER YOUTH LEAGUE: ROUND 4:
GRADE 13: Dulwich Hill 1 - Central Coast Lightning 3
GRADE 14: Dulwich Hill 2 - Central Coast Lightning 0
GRADE 15: Dulwich Hill 4 - Central Coast Lightning 1
GRADE 16: Dulwich Hill 1 - Central Coast Lightning 0
GRADE 18: Dulwich Hill 3 - Central Coast Lightning 3

marinermick

lol, norm tome still going around

lightning need to get some more quality in quick

though this game was always going to be a tough ask defensively with both first choice centre backs out injured

kevrenor

marinermick said:
kevrenor said:
Tonight, Round 5 of the NSW Super League
Central Coast Lightning versus Fraser Park, Pluim 7:30pm

tipping a win here for lightning - first of the season

Sorry, no ... stone, motherless last

NSW SUPER LEAGUE: ROUND 5:
FIRST GRADE: Central Coast Lightning 0 - Fraser Park 1 (S Kostanic 40m)
GRADE 20: Central Coast Lightning 3 - Fraser Park 2

SUPER YOUTH LEAGUE: ROUND 5:
GRADE 13: Central Coast Lightning 1 - Western Panthers 0.
GRADE 14: Central Coast Lightning 1 - Western Panthers 0.
GRADE 15: Central Coast Lightning 1 - Western Panthers 3.
GRADE 16: Central Coast Lightning 1 - Western Panthers 1.
GRADE 18: Central Coast Lightning 0 - Western Panthers 1.

kevrenor

I'll be heading out on the M7 to Emerton (where?) to cover Mount Druitt Town Rangers versus Central Coast Lightning in the NSW Super League today at 3pm (Popondetta Park). Can last placed Lightning strike at least once for R6?

kevrenor

'Lightning strikes at last' - Last placed Central Coast Lightning grabbed a much needed win after overcoming a sluggish start to defeat Mt Druitt Town Rangers 2-1 on Monday and complete Super League Round 6
http://back-of-the-net.com/2009-2010/NSW/SL-R6-MDvsCC.htm

1st Grade
Mt Druitt Town Rangers FC 1 (Michael Nero 80') lost to Central Coast Lightning FC 2 (Brady Smith 47', Jamie Lobb 63')

Grade 20 - tba

SUPER YOUTH LEAGUE: ROUND 6:
GRADE 13: Mounties Wanderers 1 - Central Coast Lightning 0
GRADE 14: Mounties Wanderers 1 - Central Coast Lightning 3
GRADE 15: Mounties Wanderers 1 - Central Coast Lightning 2
GRADE 16: Mounties Wanderers 2 - Central Coast Lightning 0
GRADE 18: Mounties Wanderers 3 - Central Coast Lightning 2

strasni

kevrenor said:
Atomic said:
Too true, at Christie yesterday where I was 'working' there was a large Bossy supporter, with many large Bossy supporters, behind Bossy club officials, calling the referees and most Spirit players (esp. Agyei) a monkey!  I felt like giving him a serve but thought better of it. :ashamed:

While i agree that the game itself got a bit heated (mainly due to the butchers who think they are playing a game of rugby, not football i might add) and some of the comments were not really nice, you really should tell the whole story. You are quick to point out bossy supporters, but no mention of any of the spirit supporters and their comments. I don't condone comments from either side, but if you are going to tell a story then tell the whole story.
Finally, within their own circles calling someone a monkey is not really an insult at all, let alone a racial remark. It just so happend that at the time the player in question was black. I noticed how you also missed out to mention that in the second half they called another player a monkey and he was white.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred