• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Lightning 2009

Arabmariner

Think I'll go and have a look on Sat night.

GP where do you usually sit/stand ?

If you put a glass/cup in yer pocket I'll fill ye up out the hip flask!  ;)

FFC Mariner

TY

Redline, if our performance at home to NZ (when we lost 1-0) is a 10 for value...........CCL are about -40

Having said that, will be there with my v strange bottle of coke (numbs the pain a bit)

masmariner

Redline said:
Hopefully $5....it'd better be good for $10. How much is a walk up GA for the Mariners? Like $30? And it's not twice as good quality from what I gather at times.

Hopefully I'll be on the gate it'll be $10 - $5 for collection ($5 for me) lets see $5 x 350 cars yes I'll definately be on the gate. (No coins please $10 notes only). 

Arabmariner

Ted said:
If you go and watch a few of the youth games there is no charge.  ;)
Being Scottish anything for free is tempting!

However I think I'd be pushing my luck with the Mrs if I did that.

Anyway,the hip flask only holds a games worth! ;)

masmariner

FFC Mariner said:
masmariner said:
Paolo said:
Rofl if u think 350 cars go. Not even 350 people in total attend

We get a few to the mariners vs lightning games bit of money then, anyway 350 still not a bad earn. ?

do you make Lawrie pay as well when he goes?

I give him a discount he pays $10 per car not $10 per person as per FNSW guidelines.

Arabmariner

Went and watched tonights game.

Painful.Glad I had my hipflask.

I promise never to bag the Mariners again!

Lost 2-0 btw.

David Villa

Lightning played Parramatta PCYC Eagles at pluim park and results are: 13's lost 5-0, 14's lost 2-1, 15's lost 2-0, 16's lost 1-0, 18's drew 1-1.

The 18's goaly got sent off about 10 minutes to go and the score was 1-1 and then
Aaron Zavolokin come on and Parra missed the penalty.

FFC Mariner

This season, it doesnt look as if any CCM players or yoof are in the CCL squad and the results are not too flash are they? In past seasons we have seen Boogs, Porter, Matty play for them.

If the club has sent yoof players back to NSWPL and no seniors are "lent" to them, it probably indicates that being involved with CCL adds no value whatsoever to the Mariners.

(Agreed, that the ACL squad has probably taken a few fringe players out of CCL contention).

IMHO, it is critical that the club secure a relationship with a NSWPL club, build their own or invest in CCL so they can aspire to that level.

We still have a gap in player development between HAL seasons and a winter comp in NSW that we dont take advantage of to develop fringe/potential/junior players.

Thoughts?

kevrenor

Wilson said:
They have a 3 year plan, to be back in PL.

Backed by what sustainable resources? They have some well resourced teams in front of them, and FNSW internal politics to battle.

W

Wilson

kevrenor said:
Wilson said:
They have a 3 year plan, to be back in PL.

Backed by what sustainable resources? They have some well resourced teams in front of them, and FNSW internal politics to battle.

Exactly, they are on a hiding to nothing. Just hope Shirl can get some wins on the board.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred