• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Lightning 2009

wardy

as a former lightning player, all i can say is that with every new coach we got there, there automatically became this 2-3year plan to get back in the premiere league. The funny thing is the coaches only seem to be on 1 and 2year contracts to start with. How can a coach on a 1 year contract like shirl ( and previous coaches) say they have a 2-3year plan. The funny thing about a plan is to execute a plan, first you must have one. If anything, my experience at this years triall shows me that there is no plan. Trialls were conducted and finalised weeks after other teams in super league had finalised there teams. Once the team was finalised, it was a squad of very little experience. If there was such a plan to get back back into the premiere league, should the plan not started back at the triall stages and then carried on through the rest of the season. This is not a cheap shot at shirl as we are both still mates which was his request upon not selecting me ( that we still be mates), this is just what i know and think from being there for the last few years and what i have seen. Time to stop saying there is a plan and start actioning it, if there is no plan, sit down and come up with one, find a steady coach forthe duration of the plan and execute it for the good of central coast football. Sorry if this sounds harsh, just passionate about my football and the coast.

W

Wilson

Their GOAL is to be in the Premier league. Their plan is to appoint a rookie coach(cheaper), dont pay the players unless they win and hope for the best. They think if they can dangle the Mariners carrot in front of the players that they will be attracted to play their.

dibo

Completely from the outside of it all so taking a position of idealised ignorance - surely CCF as a whole needs to make the CCL setup into a NSWPL setup from the off if they want to get there. Sort finances, sort organisation, sort facilities and then move ahead.

They need to be scouting for next year now and for all of this season. Off-contract NSWPL players, the cream of the NSWSL - put it all together. If they just try to put players on the park and win games and then sort the back-end from there, it can't really work. If they lose a few good players over the off-season there's nothing to knit it all together. The back end needs to work to make it sustainable.

They should be getting as close as they are able to the Mariners and trying to gain as much and learn as much from a close association with them as they can, and then sell that to prospective playing and coaching staff. They should be getting companies on board through that association to sponsor the operation. If they can sort access to the training facilities etc. at Tuggerah from 2010 on then that would be great for them too.

Basically, if they can turn themselves into a mini-Mariners, they'll be on their way to the NSWPL, and not just making up the numbers while they're there.

W

Wilson

dibo said:
Completely from the outside of it all so taking a position of idealised ignorance - surely CCF as a whole needs to make the CCL setup into a NSWPL setup from the off if they want to get there. Sort finances, sort organisation, sort facilities and then move ahead.

They need to be scouting for next year now and for all of this season. Off-contract NSWPL players, the cream of the NSWSL - put it all together. If they just try to put players on the park and win games and then sort the back-end from there, it can't really work. If they lose a few good players over the off-season there's nothing to knit it all together. The back end needs to work to make it sustainable.

They should be getting as close as they are able to the Mariners and trying to gain as much and learn as much from a close association with them as they can, and then sell that to prospective playing and coaching staff. They should be getting companies on board through that association to sponsor the operation. If they can sort access to the training facilities etc. at Tuggerah from 2010 on then that would be great for them too.

Basically, if they can turn themselves into a mini-Mariners, they'll be on their way to the NSWPL, and not just making up the numbers while they're there.

The can't afford to do any of that

wardy

i dont think it would cost much to ask for key players to be able to attend some training sessions with the mariners, not only that, their are 4 coaches involved in the senior ccl squad plus 1 HPM. Between the 5 of them would it cost too much to attend local premiere league games to identify talent to invite to next trialls. Not only that, What Dibo wrote about " off contract NSW premiere league players" is a step in the right direction, Again, Between the 4 Coaching staff and HPM and their contacts in NSW football, im sure it couldnt be too hard or expensive to find out who some of these players are. Not really an expensive issue.

wardy

you are right there wilson but all things take time. If the club starts heading in the right direction and actually gets a plan to do that and stick with it, then maybe the mariners might give a bit more support. Once this happens then sponsors that are associated with the mariners might jump on board as well as other corporate bussiness on the coast. ( may never ever happen but you need something to hope for. lol)

wardy

FFC Mariner said:
TBF to the bloke, given the constraints on him ($$, player quality), is there much he can do?

i agrre with the $$$ constraints you have mentioned but disagree with the quality of player he has to choose from, ( most of them came from budgie where shirl played last year). We are also talking about coach that has played at high level and has multiple contacts within the playing ranks within NSW football. He may have been able to entice some quality players to come play for him.

W

Wilson

wardy said:
FFC Mariner said:
TBF to the bloke, given the constraints on him ($$, player quality), is there much he can do?

i agrre with the $$$ constraints you have mentioned but disagree with the quality of player he has to choose from, ( most of them came from budgie where shirl played last year). We are also talking about coach that has played at high level and has multiple contacts within the playing ranks within NSW football. He may have been able to entice some quality players to come play for him.

There is three from Budgey. Zac, Ben and Jake. That is not most

masmariner

dibo said:

They are doing the opposite to this we have a HPM (a joke of a term) why is he not taking the Super league side's (which he should be able too) and developing them. (get a new one me thinks).
They are P____g off the mariners not working with them.
We now wont have state titles at Pluim due to various issues one of which is the state of the grounds there.

FFC Mariner

Until the Mariners can exert some measure of control, the "partnership" will never work.

I reckon the longer term plan is for CCM to go it alone using Budgie's ground or the new ground at club tugg

Ben

FFC Mariner said:
Beat Granville 1-0 at Pluim

http://www.footballnsw.com.au/index.php?id=110

U20's won 4-2
thanks for that, i didn't know where to find the results

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics