• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Lightning 2009

FFC Mariner

9:00 AM
Sat 4/Apr 4   Central Coast Lightning def. Granville Rage   1 Pluim Park No 1 Email Match Reminder
Detailed Results

Changed again, isnt me on the drink

wardy

soccer nsw website, under competitions- men- super league under 20s results shows lightning 6-1 over granville.Ian Brogan the 20s coach was at my game yesterday (entrance v kanwal ) and he said 6-1 and granville only finished the game with 8 players.

kevrenor

SUPER LEAGUE: ROUND 5:
FIRST GRADE: Central Coast Lightning 2 (T Gibbs 32m, Z Wallis 41m) - FC Bossy Liverpool 1 (P Polito 3m), Macarthur Rams 1 (C Gomez 77m) - PCYC Parramatta Eagles 0, Fraser Park FC 2 ( N Kougious 55m D Andrade 88m) - Rockdale City Suns 5 (S Awad 4/10m I Kotevski 36/53m P Apolevski 73m), Spirit FC 3 (Tim Simpson 41/73m Miles Downie 53m) - St George FC 1 (Juan Chavez 69m).
GRADE 20: Central Coast Lightning 2 - FC Bossy Liverpool 3, Macarthur Rams 4 PCYC Parramatta Eagles 3, Fraser Park FC 0, Rockdale City Suns 5, Spirit FC 1 St George FC 0. 
RESCHEDULED GAMES:
ROUND 4: FIRST GRADE: FC Bossy Liverpool 0 Rockdale City Suns 3. GRADE
20: FC Bossy Liverpool 1 Rockdale City Suns 1.

kevrenor

SUPER LEAGUE: ROUND 6: FIRST GRADE: Fraser Park FC 1 (A Smith 10m)
Central Coast Lightning 1 (W Lockley 65m). GRADE 20: Fraser Park FC 1
Central Coast Lightning 2.

W

Wilson

Paolo said:
Unless they have improved...ccl should be hoping for brookvale...they were pants last year

Do you no what you are talking about????

W

Wilson

They have a very good team reached the semi final of the champions of champions. Former NSL players in Steve Richies, Chi Chi Mendez and many more!!

FFC Mariner

CCL got over the top of Brookvale on Weds night and move into R3 of the Tiger Turf cup.

Was mainly U20's players by the look of it and whilst often outmuscled, they were pretty good value for the win (BTW, thanks for not opening the canteen and publishing an 8:15pm KO when it wasnt)

3rd round is 19th May at Pluim against Sydney Tigers at the misleading time of 8:15pm (according to FNSW website)

Sadly, I (and a few thousand other Coasties, may have something on that night)

wonder if they will notice or do they think CCL is a bigger draw right now than CCM? Actually, they may have a point too

Paolo

Wilson :
Lightning 20s dominated them..but scoreboard doesn't reflect that. The reason for my comment is that last season gosford played them in a trial and comfortably beat them...therefore I see no problem saying ' unless they have improved'

kevrenor

FFC Mariner said:
CCL got over the top of Brookvale on Weds night and move into R3 of the Tiger Turf cup.

Was mainly U20's players by the look of it and whilst often outmuscled, they were pretty good value for the win (BTW, thanks for not opening the canteen and publishing an 8:15pm KO when it wasnt)

3rd round is 19th May at Pluim against Sydney Tigers at the misleading time of 8:15pm (according to FNSW website)

Sadly, I (and a few thousand other Coasties, may have something on that night)

wonder if they will notice or do they think CCL is a bigger draw right now than CCM? Actually, they may have a point too

When did it start then?

BOTN report is at: http://spirit.webcity.com.au/AFN/2008-2009/NSW/TTC09-3.htm

The FNSW site does says Tues 19/5 at 8:15pm but why is that misleading?

kevrenor

FFC Mariner said:
Got there at 8pm and the game was well underway. 7:30 ko by my watch

Gotcha ... it was originally 7:30pm then changed on FNSW site ... maybe no-one told the referee! ::)

ccf

Refs were aware of 8.15 ko but players asked for 8pm ko - game started at 8 approx.  This was obviously done to accommodate Sydney team and having to travel home late after game.

FFC Mariner

Thats fair enough, getting back to N Beaches after a game mid week with work in the morning must have been a bitch.

Will be at BT on 19th so you guys can KO when you want

PS - Kev, I went by the FNSW website too

FFC Mariner

They beat Mt Druitt Rangers 4-2 at Pluim tonight.

Went 1 down in the 1st half thanks to a Marinersesque defensive blunder but equalised just before HT.

Another CCM moment early in the 2nd half had them 2-1 down and to be fair ,they were only 2 times the keeper touched the ball all night.

They kept playing football and scored 3 goals (albeit the last 2 were late as Druitt tired after being passed of the park for 90 minutes).

Random thoughts:

Canteen being shut at the CC premier (?) football venue is an embarrassing disgrace.

No team sheets is just amateur as was the national anthem cock up before the game. If anyone leading that organisation thinks its well run, they are clowns (sorry, harsh but true)

If McAndrew got properly fit, there is a good player in there somewhere. He ran the MF tonight and TBF to him, looks good at this level (his spray at an opp defender when they equalised at 2-2 was choice too lol)

CCL are a very young side and do suffer from being outmuscled but Preston has them playing a very nice style of high tempo pass and move football.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred