• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Coast Football Ramble Podcast

LFCMariners

This is a great question and may be worthy of a podcast of its own! Perhaps an off season special where Shaun and I go on a brewery tour of the coast in search of the Coast’s Best Brew ?
How many breweries did we visit?

WAS IT ONE?

NO!

WAS IT TWO?

NO!

WAS IT THREE?

NO!

WAS IT FOUR?

NO!

WAS IT FIVE?

NO!

WAS IT SIX?

YES!

WAS IT WORTH THE HANGOVER?

YES!

ARE WE DRINKING EVER AGAIN?

YES!

LFCMariners

Question for another pod?
When did you think was the point when we as a club, were turning it around on the pitch?

For me it was the game against Western when Alou scored 2 goals after we were down 2-1, winning it 3-2. In the past once we were down a goal we were gone, we showed fight that game and a "Won't back down" attitude and that for me was our turning point.

Also, thoughts about the song "Wont Back Down" got chills at the GF when the crowd were singing it at full time? Could this become our anthem like Liverpools YNWA? Maybe we could change "Hey baby" to "Hey Coasties?"
I don’t know if there was a ‘point’, or if I was desensitised to too many false-dawns through 2016-20. There’d be games or a series of games where I’d think “We’re on the way back” only for it to fall in a heap before the seasons’ end.

Qualifying for back to back finals series might have been the point where I thought “At least we’re consistently decent rather than consistently shit”, but the point where I thought the club had really turned it around and come good once more?

Not one moment, one match I can think of. This season just gone, the 4-1 game at home against Brisbane and the 1-1 draw at home with City were both matches I went away thinking “They can play top shelf football and tear teams up/ go toe to toe with the best teams on their day, we could be there on GF day”.

It wasn’t really until I looked at form over the last two months leading into the GF that I thought “We’ve got the upper hand mentally, this comp is ours for the taking”. Even had we lost to City, I couldn’t see it being by more than 2 goals. If we lost the GF, I knew it would be gallant at least.

Which made what manifested that Saturday night in Parramatta feel like crossing into an alternate dimension.

I remember years ago seeing a domestic league final where the favourites had gone something like 35 games unbeaten, yet the underdog team got to a 2-0 lead and almost caused one hell of an upset. But the favourites switched on, drew the match late and won on penalties. I thought what a pity it was, because the losing side almost pulled off one of the biggest feel-good underdog stories not just in Aussie football, but Aussie sports history.

The 6-1 win over the richest club in the league, who won the Premiership by double digits, felt like the richly deserved manifestation of that underdog hypothetical I didn’t get to see all those years back. And best of all, my team were the ones who made it happen. That night will be legendary for decades to come, not just at this club, but in this league, indeed Aussie sports folklore.

TC Redline

I don’t know if there was a ‘point’, or if I was desensitised to too many false-dawns through 2016-20. There’d be games or a series of games where I’d think “We’re on the way back” only for it to fall in a heap before the seasons’ end.

Qualifying for back to back finals series might have been the point where I thought “At least we’re consistently decent rather than consistently shit”, but the point where I thought the club had really turned it around and come good once more?

Not one moment, one match I can think of. This season just gone, the 4-1 game at home against Brisbane and the 1-1 draw at home with City were both matches I went away thinking “They can play top shelf football and tear teams up/ go toe to toe with the best teams on their day, we could be there on GF day”.

It wasn’t really until I looked at form over the last two months leading into the GF that I thought “We’ve got the upper hand mentally, this comp is ours for the taking”. Even had we lost to City, I couldn’t see it being by more than 2 goals. If we lost the GF, I knew it would be gallant at least.

Which made what manifested that Saturday night in Parramatta feel like crossing into an alternate dimension.

I remember years ago seeing a domestic league final where the favourites had gone something like 35 games unbeaten, yet the underdog team got to a 2-0 lead and almost caused one hell of an upset. But the favourites switched on, drew the match late and won on penalties. I thought what a pity it was, because the losing side almost pulled off one of the biggest feel-good underdog stories not just in Aussie football, but Aussie sports history.

The 6-1 win over the richest club in the league, who won the Premiership by double digits, felt like the richly deserved manifestation of that underdog hypothetical I didn’t get to see all those years back. And best of all, my team were the ones who made it happen. That night will be legendary for decades to come, not just at this club, but in this league, indeed Aussie sports folklore.
I thought we were a chance that Melbourne City 1 all draw which in my view was one of the best games i have seen-in the A-league.. We had so many chances but so did they and wasnt Vuka exceptional that night and he continued that form the rest of the year. They seemed to build as a team every game thereafter.

There were a lot of ups and downs during the year but that loss to Victory I thought we couldn’t win after that performance but just goes to show in a final series league you do enough during the year to put yourself in a good qualifying position and hit a purple patch of form at the end and Wallah what a finish to the year.

Revilo

I thought we were a chance that Melbourne City 1 all draw which in my view was one of the best games i have seen-in the A-league.. We had so many chances but so did they and wasnt Vuka exceptional that night and he continued that form the rest of the year. They seemed to build as a team every game thereafter.

There were a lot of ups and downs during the year but that loss to Victory I thought we couldn’t win after that performance but just goes to show in a final series league you do enough during the year to put yourself in a good qualifying position and hit a purple patch of form at the end and Wallah what a finish to the year.
Wallah? That's a new one. Do you mean voilà?

tsd

Fun fact, from that Victory loss onwards we averaged 3.2 goals per game and conceding 0.75, never conceding 2 goals again

true believer

that was the the game . that after it, i thought we had passed them as a team .
i believed the championship was ours for the taking . as long as we ducked wsw and $hitney

Corsair

Maybe i Learnt it watching Team America world police.?
At the GF

team-america-freaking-out.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred