• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Marinators Call to Arms

FFC Mariner

Great performance by all concerned.

The weather kept the little emo's away but their seats had all been taken by about 6:15 anyway.

Felt more like an away game - brilliant

Atomic

We won the battle on the pitch and off it! Marinators.... a big A+++++ for tonights efforts. Looking from the western stand, the display in Bay 16 was awesome! Everyone did exceptionally well. The flags were a great addition and the simplified cheers worked a treat. The noise was great. The celebrations at the end of the game, were sensational. Well done to all those supporters that braved the conditions and lets hope that the momentum keeps up into the finals.  :eek:verhead:

coast

yeah top effort, huge improvement on last week, keep it up, ill be joining you for our home semi.

priorpeter

hahaa nice one! tonight was good, good turnout despite the conditions. and awesome to see bay 16 going off, no emos and whatnot, pretty much everyone singing - 'twas a good display and a good night all round. Woot!!!

LFCMariners

Remember that it WAS against Wellington, who didn't even have a row of supporters over. But it seems we've struck a winning formula- get in early, drive the emos away and sing chants that everybody knows. At one stage I even heard the Eastern Grandstand joining in with us! Bring on the semis! Was a great night even though I slipped over in the aisle at the end as I was running down to the front!

'WE GOT HIGHER THAN THE SCUM, DOO DAH! DOO DAH!'

coast

aussiecross said:
coast said:
yeah top effort, huge improvement on last week, keep it up, ill be joining you for LIFE.
fixed ;)

haha mate i would of already been over, but i have to report the games, and sitting with you rowdy bastards throwing beer all over my pda would be a nuisance haha

dibo

this is silly, but i reckon if we packed in from the fence we'd be louder over the telly.

the mic is down in front of the fence there and the louder ones amongst us are a long way from it up the back there. we were very loud last night and compared to previous weeks it's showing up more on fox, but i can hear the younger fellas down the front much more than the rest of us (the thing that made it obvious was you hear the 'you're shit' rather than 'you shag sheep').

FFC Mariner

dibo said:
(the thing that made it obvious was you hear the 'you're shit' rather than 'you shag sheep').

Nice tradition to start: A specific tag for each club.

Jest = You're scum (der)
Nix = You shag sheep

Others??

P

Pete

Firstly, congrats to all those Marinators who stood in the rain and cheered from before kickoff to the final whistle. When I went into the ground just before kickoff I passed Bay 16 and the noise and the vibe was already there and the players were only warming up.

Calling on the players by their individual names in a chant (give us a wave) was a good idea before the match, kinda let the players know there is a bit of support for them before the match, and set the atmosphere.

Secondly, great for sticking to the job at hand even when it was raining. Been there done that and bought a seat in the stands next season (whimped out). I know that you were all wet, possibly cold, so I do hope none of you caught a cold and have got your voice back this morning.

Thirdly, both of the stands at various times started up the Mariners chant by themselves, while you guys were singing along. There must be some way the Stadium can co ordinate itself so that the chant gets around the stadium in unison - that would be awesome to hear.

The Marinators have shown folks at the Stadium that it is OK to make some noise for 3 years now, and now it is finally started to happen in the stands too. The Western stand were very quick to catch onto the Mariners chant when it started happening in Bay 5 or so, the kids love it too. I noticed too, that the Eastern stand also catches onto that chant pretty quickly too.

Maybe now the Marinators can keep an ear out for when this happens in either the Eastern or Western stands and try and link it up through the GA section and over to the other stand? It may mean stopping the song or chant you have presently going, but if we can get the whole stadium going up in one chant - even for just that "Mariners, clap, clap, clap" chant- people will catch on and the next time it starts up elsewhere in the stadium, folks who hear it will get in synch. It will take time, but if we get enough people coming regularly to the matches we may end up with stadium chanting and singing in unison, with the Marinators as the conductors! :piralaugh: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :piralaugh:

~Floss~

dibo said:
this is silly, but i reckon if we packed in from the fence we'd be louder over the telly.

the mic is down in front of the fence there and the louder ones amongst us are a long way from it up the back there. we were very loud last night and compared to previous weeks it's showing up more on fox, but i can hear the younger fellas down the front much more than the rest of us (the thing that made it obvious was you hear the 'you're shit' rather than 'you shag sheep').

A clump of passionate marinators standing at the front would also help towards reducing the non-participants in the bay. They won't be able to see if they have to sit behind people standing, chanting (with arm movements), waving flags, etc.

~Floss~

Pete said:
Thirdly, both of the stands at various times started up the Mariners chant by themselves, while you guys were singing along. There must be some way the Stadium can co ordinate itself so that the chant gets around the stadium in unison - that would be awesome to hear.

The Marinators have shown folks at the Stadium that it is OK to make some noise for 3 years now, and now it is finally started to happen in the stands too. The Western stand were very quick to catch onto the Mariners chant when it started happening in Bay 5 or so, the kids love it too. I noticed too, that the Eastern stand also catches onto that chant pretty quickly too.

Maybe now the Marinators can keep an ear out for when this happens in either the Eastern or Western stands and try and link it up through the GA section and over to the other stand? It may mean stopping the song or chant you have presently going, but if we can get the whole stadium going up in one chant - even for just that "Mariners, clap, clap, clap" chant- people will catch on and the next time it starts up elsewhere in the stadium, folks who hear it will get in synch. It will take time, but if we get enough people coming regularly to the matches we may end up with stadium chanting and singing in unison, with the Marinators as the conductors! :piralaugh: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :piralaugh:

Getting the stands to do the 3-clap chant should be a very short-lived, early step in the evolutionary process - it's only the very beginning. Once it catches on and the stadium gets loud and passionate in decent numbers, ASAP we should be looking to teach some decent-sounding chants (that are equally simple) and the cauldron of sound will start to take shape.

An away final/semi, whatever (if we need it) would be a perfect chance to hold a singing lesson with all the traveling non-marinators herded into the designated away section

LFCMariners

Greenpoleffc said:
dibo said:
(the thing that made it obvious was you hear the 'you're shit' rather than 'you shag sheep').

Nice tradition to start: A specific tag for each club.

Jest = You're scum (der)
Nix = You shag sheep

Others??

Wellington- "You shag sheep! Baaaaaaahahahaha!"

Newcastle- "You're scum! Haaaaaaaaaah!"

Sydney- "You're gay! Haaaaaaaaah!"

Queensland- "You bogans! Haaaaaaaaaaah!"

Melbourne- "You tards! Haaaaaaaaaaah!"

Adelaide- "You're shit! Haaaaaaah!"

Perth- "You're shit! Haaaaaaaaah!"

Online statistics

Members online