• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Vs Nix

bikinigirl

. can't believe nobody has mentioned those pale blue ponchos - they were a disgrace

. the bay looke like the marinators had been infiltrated by the cove

fedelta

Andy said:
Is Jedinak out next week following tonight's yellow?
Yeah, he has 4 yellows now.  :yellowcard: Jedinak - man of the match, he is so reliable. Tommy played well too.
AHHH! Matty Simon needs to keep his head over the ball and stop his habit of leaning back!!
Half decent performance considering the weather, but a win is a win.
Come on Melbourne and Adelaide!

Atomic

bikinigirl said:
. can't believe nobody has mentioned those pale blue ponchos - they were a disgrace

Given that it was an wet night, I can't be too citical of the blue ponchos. Anyone wearing them deserves credit for being there in the first place.

It does raise the point about the type of blue that the Mariners wear. Why is there a NAVY blue on our jersey, but the blue on the some official merchandise like the flags is a ROYAL blue??? Whenever I see balloons and streamers around town Gosford CBD, they are ROYAL blue. I think we should stick to the NAVY (as far away from Bling FC as possible)

Gav...

The only problem about Jedi is that he will miss next week semi final due to picking up another  :yellowcard: last night!

dibo

Rubbernose said:
Anyone happen to have footage of the challenge which earned Jedi a yellow card?

i don't, but i've caught it on tape on fox, and he lunged through from the right hand side of the nux player with his right leg, takes a good chunk of ball and then goes through the player.

the ref's view from behind showed a pretty hairy looking lunge though.

FFC Mariner

dibo said:
Rubbernose said:

i don't, but i've caught it on tape on fox, and he lunged through from the right hand side of the nux player with his right leg, takes a good chunk of ball and then goes through the player.

Cant see that the ref had too much choice TBH. Lunge from behind = at least a yellow.

mind you, if it had been Breeze (pockets full of Lowy's cash and all that) he would have been sent off and probably arrested.

P

Pete

Greenpoleffc said:
dibo said:
Rubbernose said:

Cant see that the ref had too much choice TBH. Lunge from behind = at least a yellow.

mind you, if it had been Breeze (pockets full of Lowy's cash and all that) he would have been sent off and probably arrested.

...and if he'd had done it to Juninho he'd be flogged at dawn and crucified by sunset! (But he's just a naughty boy) ;D

kevrenor

mariners4evachamps said:
The only problem about Jedi is that he will miss next week semi final due to picking up another  :yellowcard: last night!

No we checked that before the media conference ... according to the mighty Ben Coonan only Saso or Hutch would have if they had picked up another yellow, or someone got a straight red.  All other cards are wiped going into the finals. 

The FFA site is alas pretty poor in regards to giving clarity to these things.

uncleyellow

It is a hard call for me on the MOM, Jedi, tommy P both were majic. Tommy P was a key for us in that performance. We also cant disregard Aloisi's performance, Lawrie wanted an extra 10 out of his injured and swolen knee (master stroke Lawrie!), and he gave the ten minutes in spades..

Sasho lifted too I thought tonight. Hutcho was solid as usual.

Matty Simon will come good for sure,we just need to help him out with his confidence, and he needs to spend hours and hours, keeping that ball down at training.

Part_Timer

f**king newcastle pincers at 130 in that replay, look happy that kwasnik scored and made sure they couldnt finish first....ahhh do they know how to add.? we have the better goal differance now..

adz

Staff member
bikinigirl said:

was going to mention this, thanks for reminding...

don't blame the people wearing them, they bought them at the CCLC.

common sense transplant for the person ordering the 'emergency ponchos' to get yellow next time pls!

fedelta

kevrenor said:
mariners4evachamps said:

No we checked that before the media conference ... according to the mighty Ben Coonan only Saso or Hutch would have if they had picked up another yellow, or someone got a straight red.  All other cards are wiped going into the finals. 

The FFA site is alas pretty poor in regards to giving clarity to these things.

So Jedi is playing next week?

Wombat

Thanks for the Bunnings tip. We payed $2.00 at Go Lo Gosso but they were shreaded by the end of the game. Still they were yellow i suppose!

Rubbernose

Greenpoleffc said:
dibo said:
Rubbernose said:

A yellow looked a fair call to me, no complaints.

It's just that I've got someone assuring me it was a blatant straight red and that he was lucky to stay on the field.

This someone is a bling fan though, so he's clearly out of his mind.

roonytunes

aussiecross said:
f**king newcastle pincers at 130 in that replay, look happy that kwasnik scored and made sure they couldnt finish first....ahhh do they know how to add.? we have the better goal differance now..
I was down that end, they were told in no uncrtain terms what and where they were.

kevrenor

Some match reports available, one written by a NZ'er (but not a big 'Nix fan)

http://spirit.webcity.com.au/AFN/2007-2008/R21/R21-2CCvsWP.htm
http://spirit.webcity.com.au/AFN/2007-2008/R21/R21-CCvsWP.htm

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred