• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Vs Nix

jaypee

Greenpoleffc said:
TBH, we were shite - the conditions are the same for both sides and in the 2nd half, Nix moved the ball better than we did.

However, a win is a win and the pressure is on Lowy FC and Qld now.

Greenpole a game is over 2 halfs and we were all over them in the first and I feel the second part of the 2nd as well. I am not saying we were great but lets be honest - most teams honestly think thats how we have played all year... I don't agree we were shite - not great but far from Shite. Shite was our game against melbourne and Perth over the past 4 weeks

midfielder

Guys we played well just could noy score Matty needs to get the monkey off his back and score but I still think he is more a right mid than a striker. Any word on his condition he seems to have a rib or hip injury.

IMO Boogs needs just to start belting the ball out or up field as he keeps giving to much ball away.

My MOM was Hutch closley by Jedi; Hutch held the ball and made many very clever passes and may have played himself onto the bench of the Socceroos, Jedi was back to his best and his defensive work held us together.

We should have won 5 nil, but as Northern spirit says the pressure is on the big boys.

We were talking on the way back (assume very unlikely) both Roar and Sydney go down and Scum and Mariners go to the grand final. What a F3 derby that would be our local radion stations against theirs NBN would give huge coverage.

Won't happen but I can dream

Excellent crowd given the conditions

offtheball

Why did we have blokes with brooms at half time trying to rid the pitch of water with the super soppa sitting doing nothing?

pjennings

I spoke to Matt after the game. It is his hip. He wasn't sure the extent of the injury and said he'd know more tomorrow.

jaypee

midfielder said:
IMO Boogs needs just to start belting the ball out or up field as he keeps giving to much ball away.

Agree regarding Boogs but the issue is he is not a right back - he's a centre back and we keep playing him out of position.

That said Viddy was great tonight - experience was the key in those conditions

Ursus

pommypete said:
Great crowd,first one i have missed due to the shite weather,3 kids to think about though.

And you say the team was shit?
Using kids as an excuse?
Warm night with light showers. Don't you own a raincoat?
Weak as piss.
Sit down, shut up.

coast

sslenabled said:
No. Mariners will rank above them because they scored more goals.
1. Points
2. Goal difference
3. Goals scored

Cheers mate, so if roar draws goes down to Adelaide and Sydney lose draw or win by no more than one, we are minor premier's and going to asia yeah?

Marquee

Lawrie said in the post match interview that Matty had taken bruises to both hips and it wasnt too serious, He said a few days rest and he should be training by the end of the week
so here's hoping (im also hoping his shooting was off tonight because of his hip  ;))

Andy

coast said:
sslenabled said:
1. Points
2. Goal difference
3. Goals scored

Cheers mate, so if roar draws goes down to Adelaide and Sydney lose draw or win by no more than one, we are minor premier's and going to asia yeah?

Correct.

Does anyone else think that Sasho seemed to be much less lazy after spending time on the bench?

coast said:
sslenabled said:
1. Points
2. Goal difference
3. Goals scored

Correct.

Part_Timer

Andy said:
coast said:
sslenabled said:
1. Points
2. Goal difference
3. Goals scored

Correct.

Does anyone else think that Sasho seemed to be much less lazy after spending time on the bench?

deffinatly seemed to light a fire in his belly... bout time he should have had a penalty tho

Atomic

Andy said:

Absolutely! Sasho's attitude has had the appropriate kick up the arse. Not only was his work rate higher and his goal hunger higher, but you could see that he was constantly clapping and encouraging his team mates. To top it off... I only saw one minor display of petulance.

midfielder

Agree about Sas,

Also I think grumpy should be in the starting line up ahread of Owens.

My midfield is Hutch, Tommy P, Jedi, Grumps.

Tommy seems to play better when grumps is on the field.

Omni

See the grin on his face when Matty Simon stuffed up (yet again). I think his benching had more to do with not getting a two game suspension than anything else.

Ursus

I wonder, if Sas were on from the start would we have been two up at half time?
Next week's selections will be interesting. ???

Atomic

Yeah, fair point. I wonder where Matty's head's at. Surely his lack of goals mst be like a millstone around his neck, getting heavier with every game - and every missed opportunity.

pjennings

jaypee said:
midfielder said:

Agree regarding Boogs but the issue is he is not a right back - he's a centre back and we keep playing him out of position.

That said Viddy was great tonight - experience was the key in those conditions

Checkers on the left, Viddy and Boogs in the middle and Wilko at right back is the way they should line up. Wilko was ball watching again tonight - luckily we got away with it.

Atomic

Jedi got my man of the match tonight. He dominated the sheep shaggers in the air. Viddy and Checkers has great games. Gumps certainly added a bit of spark. Boogs looked a bit out of touch. JA = pure class.

serious14

Just watched the second goal on Fox....... some absolute, complete and utter douchebag with a Jets scarf was trying to get in the camera shot when the boys were celebrating on the sideline.  Do those bogan f*cks have nothing better to do on a Saturday night??  F*ckin' hell, honestly - why are they so completely and utterly sh*t at everything they ever do??  Did this idiot not just realise that he'd been relegated to no better than second on the table??

F*CK I HATE NEWCASTLE!!!!

Anyways, mostly sh*t game, wish we had some more urgency, have never been more relieved at a goal than I was with Kwasnik's - Matty Simon, come on champ, keep the ball down next time.

Tommy Pondeljak - best sweeper, centre back, dual winger, and No. 10 in the league.  HA!!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred