• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Vs Nix

pommypete

They can't call it off,finals tickets go on sale Monday.If they try to defer it until tomorrow we would have had another tonne of rain by then.

northernspirit

i dont think the rains been as bad as it was on that day sydneys game was called off, its not gonna help for us to score goals though :(

jaypee

Yeah - only 50 mill for entire day whereas the day we got canned against Sydney was about 180 Mill and close to 120 in about 2 hrs

rosko

How good was that.... Congrats to all the fans that turned up and drowned..  Go you Mariners.. Come on Adelaide and Melbourne... To be honest guys, I would love to see us and the Jest finish 1-2.. The two smallest clubs on top of Australia and a guaranteed grand finalist....  :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot:

pommypete

We Played shite as usual but got away with a good result.Lets not kid ourselves that we can win this thing,we need to drastically improve.

dru

rosko said:
How good was that.... Congrats to all the fans that turned up and drowned..  Go you Mariners.. Come on Adelaide and Melbourne... To be honest guys, I would love to see us and the Jest finish 1-2.. The two smallest clubs on top of Australia and a guaranteed grand finalist....  :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot:

I think the most important thing was giving us a decent chance at the title tonight followed closely by denying the jest the title.  :pirashoot: :piralaugh: :pirate: :eek:verhead:

Well done to 9849 fans who made it out tonight, gutted that I couldn't be one of them, and well done to the club for averaging well over 10k for the season.

cruiser

pommypete said:
We Played shite as usual but got away with a good result.Lets not kid ourselves that we can win this thing,we need to drastically improve.
 I think it's a bit harsh to say that we played shite. It seemed like we had a lot more shots at goal than we have over recent games and given the conditions, I think it was a good result. The second goal, which has made it that bit harder for Sydney to take a top two spot, was a season highlight. We seemed to lose momentum when Aloisi came off. Given how important it was to score as many goals as possible, I couldnt comprehend the decision to take him off.

Matt Simon cannot score goals (keep the ball low Matty!!) and should not be playing up forward.

Very happy tonight!  :piralaugh: I agree that a crowd of 9849 was an great attendance on such an incredibly wet night. The club and the FFA would have to be thrilled about Mariner's home attendances over the last 4 games.

dru

cruiser said:
pommypete said:
  I think it's a bit harsh to say that we played shite. It seemed like we had a lot more shots at goal than we have over recent games and given the conditions, I think it was a good result. The second goal, which has made it that bit harder for Sydney to take a top two spot, was a season highlight. We seemed to lose momentum when Aloisi came off. Given how important it was to score as many goals as possible, I couldnt comprehend the decision to take him off.

Matt Simon cannot score goals (keep the ball low Matty!!) and should not be playing up forward.

Very happy tonight!  :piralaugh: I agree that a crowd of 9849 was an great attendance on such an incredibly wet night. The club and the FFA would have to be thrilled about Mariner's home attendances over the last 4 games.

cruiser, it's being reported that it was done to rest an existing knee injury. hopefully it turns out alright for us.

northernspirit I'm affraid you might be right but for the moment lets all hope for results to go our way.  ;)

gull

YEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAA!

We're on top and the pressure is on Qld & Sydney.

Thought we were very nervous tonight (as the crowd was) but we got the result we needed.

Great goal Kwassie!

jaypee

I think it unfair to say we played shite. We played well in the conditions and they were shite. I am happy with the way we played and I for one still think we can win it. 58% of the ball and 22 shots. I think some feel we played shite as it could have been more (and probably should have been - Matty S)

Jedi had a great game - was every where and always seemed to win the headers. I assume he is now gone next week as thats his 4th yellow?

coast

In regards to tonights result, if sydney beat melbourne 1-0, will we rank above them due to more wins?

Yellow Pelican

I agree that we did Ok in view of the conditions - despite the odd wobbly moment it was good to get some confidence back with a clean sheet too (though hardly great opposition) - we probably won't make the top now but I think Sydney will certainly not be happy after that Kwassie goal (yes, they need to win by two goals now).
but when will Matty ever score? (I think he probably he is good enough for the A League, but exactly how may times will he miss before he proves it?!

FFC Mariner

TBH, we were shite - the conditions are the same for both sides and in the 2nd half, Nix moved the ball better than we did.

However, a win is a win and the pressure is on Lowy FC and Qld now.

coast said:
In regards to tonights result, if sydney beat melbourne 1-0, will we rank above them due to more wins?
No. Mariners will rank above them because they scored more goals.
1. Points
2. Goal difference
3. Goals scored

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred