• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 20 vs Scumcastle

adz

Staff member
This one is used by about ummmmmm 99.9999% of supporter groups I guess, but it's good, so that's probably why...

We are the army
The yellow army

We are men-tal
And we are mad

We are the great-est
Football Supporters

The world has ever had

[REPEAT]
[REPEAT]
[REPEAT]
[REPEAT]
[REPEAT]

:eek:verhead:

Tez

Cant wait - Going to be an Awesome Game!
a win will all but assure us of the Title and a Ticket to ASIA!!! Yeeew

any1 no who the Ref will be?
PLEASE not Breeze!

Atomic

We have to beat Newcastle (no prizes for saying that). If the scum lose in Rd21 and Melbourne win next week, then the Sack 'em FC v Tards game in Rd 21 will be an absolute ball tearer of a blockbuster!!! I'll definitely be going down for that one.

Deej

The pressure is on us......top of the league all year, recent weeks have been poor and we have a massive local derby!

Since Danny got sent off against Sydney we have played rubbish IMO, those first 15 minutes against Sydney were the best we played all season, we know we can do it why do we not perform consistently like that?  I can understand changing our game when down to 10 men, and I can understand being away from home perhaps changing your tactics and approach towards a game....but against Melbourne and our general play has been average.

We didn't play last weeks game like a team who wanted to win the minor premiership, a major improvement is needed to beat Newcastle.

-------------Danny
Clark----Wilko----Boogs-----Ceccoli
Owens---Jedi----Tommy-----Hutcho
---------Aloisi----Sash

Bench - Trott, Simon, Kwas and Vidmar

To keep it simple and obvious......contain Griffiths and we'll win.  His pace against our slow left side (and whole defence) worries me......but then our quality up front can score at any stage providing service is still there!

We are not playing like champions.........If we lose this 1 I don't think we'll win the toilet seat, it's been 3 games since a win, we need some momentum heading into the finals and we are lacking that! 

Our defence worries me!

brett

DJ said:
The pressure is on us......top of the league all year, recent weeks have been poor and we have a massive local derby!

Since Danny got sent off against Sydney we have played rubbish IMO, those first 15 minutes against Sydney were the best we played all season, we know we can do it why do we not perform consistently like that?  I can understand changing our game when down to 10 men, and I can understand being away from home perhaps changing your tactics and approach towards a game....but against Melbourne and our general play has been average.

We didn't play last weeks game like a team who wanted to win the minor premiership, a major improvement is needed to beat Newcastle.

-------------Danny
---------Aloisi----Sash

To keep it simple and obvious......contain Griffiths and we'll win.  His pace against our slow left side (and whole defence) worries me......but then our quality up front can score at any stage providing service is still there!

We are not playing like champions.........If we lose this 1 I don't think we'll win the toilet seat, it's been 3 games since a win, we need some momentum heading into the finals and we are lacking that! 

Our defence worries me!

Good post and if we lose with that team DJ, there is nowhere else to turn. That's as good as we've looked this season running onto the park.

dibo

^^
what they said.

:postcount:

that team looks great. griffo or no griffo, we should be going out there to tear them a new one and show everyone who deserves to be premiers this year.

neverwozza

DJ said:

-------------Danny
---------Aloisi----Sash

Our defence worries me!

I know its not going to happen but I would love to see Gumps get a spot instead of Kwas. I thought he put in an OK  90min against Melbourne which should have helped his fitness and I think in general Kwas hasn't offered us much off the bench after his good early season form.

dibo

taxman said:
DJ said:

-------------Danny
---------Aloisi----Sash

Our defence worries me!

I know its not going to happen but I would love to see Gumps get a spot instead of Kwas. I thought he put in an OK  90min against Melbourne which should have helped his fitness and I think in general Kwas hasn't offered us much off the bench after his good early season form.

he was rusty for a few moments early on against perth but then came good including one absolute pearler of a cross onto aloisi's head. if anything aloisi should've made it 2-0 there and then... kwas will do fine.

Jocwa08

DJ said:
-------------Danny
---------Aloisi----Sash

That is an AMAZING side!

2-0 mariners
Tommy P
Simon

northernspirit

great looking side on paper, i am also concerned with our lack of pace in defence... our boys have to get more hungry for this game... lets hope lawrie has a few tricks up his sleeve :D

Deej

That midfield spot on the bench will be between Kwas and Gumps (depending on any injuries that may happen this week), Gumps has been training pretty well from what I hear and was close to selection on the weekend.

Thing in Kwas' favour I guess is the fact that he can go up front, and if we need a goal it may be better to have more attacking options on the bench.

Ideally I would like 1 more spot on the bench, 5 subs.  Really gives the manager more options......4 is fair for both sides though and it makes the manager choose his subs more carefully depending on the nature of the game.

Either way if our best possible 11 is available we have our best chance to beat the scummers since that semi final first leg!  One positive is the fact that we have not lost at Bluetongue against them, fingers crossed that statistic continues for many years!

GanGreL

Start Mrdja, Dura wants to chat to him on the field and in the parking lot after....MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  (SNAPPPP!!!!!)

You Trolls have got no hope!

M

mariners_4_ever

dj i totally agree with you on this matter
it cannot be better said

and GanGreL just remember

WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE

dibo

there's only one nicky mrdja
one nicky mrdja
turning heads and breaking legs
walking in a mrdja wonderland!

cruiser

I've just realised that if we beat Newcastle, we will be guaranteed a top 2 finish, therefore a double chance in the finals. So this is, without doubt, our most important game so far this season.  :pirashoot:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred