• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 20 vs Scumcastle

Deej

mariners_4_ever said:
with the big attendance the boys will be buzzing and hopefully get us the 3 points!

not meaning to sound negative but the last 2 record breaking crowds didn't get the boys buzzing.

dibo

DJ said:
mariners_4_ever said:
with the big attendance the boys will be buzzing and hopefully get us the 3 points!

not meaning to sound negative but the last 2 record breaking crowds didn't get the boys buzzing.

funny you should mention that, the form is somewhat chequered for games with record crowds -

melbourne (r6 V1, att: 9313): lost 3-1

sydney (r11 V1, att: 10529): lost 5-1

scum (r16 V1 NYE, att: 11612): won 4-1 (yay! the only league match we've won against them at home!)

melbourne (r20 V1, att: 11945): won 3-1 (melbourne were out and had bugger all to play for)

adelaide (r14 V2, att: 13119): won 2-0 (with a very out of sorts adelaide with a lumpy dwarf 'leading' the line in romario)

melbourne (r18 V2 NYE, att: 15404): lost 2-1

sydney (r15 V3, att: 17513): lost 5-4

melbourne (r18 V3 NYE, att: 18686): lost 5-2

so we've won 3 times in the 8 times we've set a new crowd record at home, and two of those occasions were with oppositions badly out of sorts.

the record against the scum is nice though, wouldn't mind repeating that dose!

yellowcake

dibo said:
funny you should mention that, the form is somewhat chequered for games with record crowds -

melbourne (r6 V1, att: 9313): lost 3-1

sydney (r11 V1, att: 10529): lost 5-1 After the early send-off of our in-form, critical central defender

scum (r16 V1 NYE, att: 11612): won 4-1 (yay! the only league match we've won against them at home!)

melbourne (r20 V1, att: 11945): won 3-1 (melbourne were out and had bugger all to play for)

adelaide (r14 V2, att: 13119): won 2-0 (with a very out of sorts adelaide with a lumpy dwarf 'leading' the line in romario)

melbourne (r18 V2 NYE, att: 15404): lost 2-1 They were the in-form V2 premiers and champions, loss by the odd goal

sydney (r15 V3, att: 17513): lost 5-4 After the early send-off of our in-form goalkeeper

melbourne (r18 V3 NYE, att: 18686): lost 5-2 Team a bit cobbled together due to injury and suspension, unfortunate demoralising early concession from back-pass error

so we've won 3 times in the 8 times we've set a new crowd record at home, and two of those occasions were with oppositions badly out of sorts.

the record against the scum is nice though, wouldn't mind repeating that dose!

There was some unfortunate stuff in these games. Looking to the future not the past.

We looked formidable in the first 20 against Sydney (only 2 games ago) and as of last week the leaky defence looks well on the way to being plugged.

I think it's all in place to beat the Jets (in a tough close game) and actually not set a new crowd record - which might be a good thing  ;D.

brett

God I can't wait for this game!!!

It has such a finals feel about it. Walking around the Sydney CBD today there was more FC merch being worn than usual. They are getting into it too. The mood is set!

I've always maintained that the Premiership is important but until you get a title race like this you don't realise how important. With 8 teams and a short comp you can have a final two rounds like no other. What competition in world football would have four teams gunning for the premiership with 2 games left?

Neutrals will be hoping we lose and Qld-Syd draw so we're all on the same points going into the final round! I hope we win :)

Bear

Imagine we get beat, Sydney/QLD have a draw, 4 TEAMS ON THE TOP OF THE LEAGUE WITH 1 ROUND TO GO  :eek:

I hope we win, and there is a result, not a draw in the Sydney/QLD game, guaranteeing us a top 2 spot. Then we just need to do the job over Wellington and asia here we come

Imagine Auburn walking the streets of downtown Thailand if we draw a team from there. The locals will think he has come to eat them  :eek: :eek: :eek:

northernspirit

Bearinator said:
Imagine we get beat, Sydney/QLD have a draw, 4 TEAMS ON THE TOP OF THE LEAGUE WITH 1 ROUND TO GO  :eek:

I hope we win, and there is a result, not a draw in the Sydney/QLD game, guaranteeing us a top 2 spot. Then we just need to do the job over Wellington and asia here we come

Imagine Auburn walking the streets of downtown Thailand if we draw a team from there. The locals will think he has come to eat them  :eek: :eek: :eek:
youd wanna avoid the lady boys and ting tong
_40999678_dudley2_300bbc.jpg

"ok you can stay for a little while" lol

brett

Bearinator said:
I hope we win, and there is a result, not a draw in the Sydney/QLD game, guaranteeing us a top 2 spot.

Interesting. I don't know what I want from that game. They draw, we're more likely for the prem,  but if one of them wins, we're more likely to be assured top 2. Given we've been top all year I think I'm more keen on the prem. So I'd like a draw between them (with many injuries and red cards) and take our chances on the last day to get a top two/prem!

Or maybe if we win, hope for a draw, if we lose/draw, hope for a result.

Sean

PAX 6400 @ Wednesday 3:00pm.

Mariners vs Melbourne i had the same figure in the 6000 region on the friday before the game.

serious14

I just want two (and a half) things from the next 2 rounds.......

The premiership.    :thumbup:

A record Brisbane crowd for the Sydney/QLD game, and the last round game between Sydney and Melbourne to still mean something (i.e.  Newcastle lose their remaining games).  What a final round that would be!!!!  That, and I'm going to that game, so I'd like something good to watch.    :vhappy: :vhappy: :fireup: :fireup: :headbounce:

adz

Staff member
Spectators bound for derby urged to pre-buy

On the back of two bumper holiday season attendances at Bluetongue Stadium, spectators planning on attending Saturdays blockbuster derby match up between the Central Coast Mariners and the Newcastle Jets have been encouraged to pre-buy and arrive early so to avoid disappointment.

Two days out from the match, ticket sales for the second east coast derby of the season between the Mariners and the Jets at Bluetongue Stadium are tracking in accordance with the pair of record breaking attendances from recent weeks at the Mariners picturesque bay side home.

As such, spectators are advised to ensure they arrive at Bluetongue Stadium on Saturday with a ticket in their hands, so to avoid match day ticket queues and ensure a smooth entry into Bluetongue Stadium.

Ticketeks ezyTicket allows patrons to purchase their tickets on line from www.ticketek.com.au and print them out at home.

Central Coast Ticketek outlets at the Central Coast Leagues Club at Gosford and the Mingara Recreation Club at Tumbi Umbi are open from 9am to 5pm today (Thursday, 10 January) and tomorrow (Friday, 11 January).

For spectators attending the match from Newcastle, Ticketek outlets in the Hunter are located at Newcastle Civic Theatre, the Newcastle Entertainment Centre and the Customer Service Desk at Charlestown Square.

"Again, we are extremely enthused by our pre-match ticket sales for Saturdays fixture between the Mariners and the Jets at Bluetongue Stadium and we should firstly acknowledge how thrilled we are that tickets to Mariners matches are proving to be the hottest tickets in town," said Mariners Executive Chairman Lyall Gorman.

"However, we must also warn all spectators planning on attending Saturdays match that they are strongly advised to pre-purchase their tickets and arrive at Bluetongue Stadium with tickets in their hands, so to ensure they get through the turnstiles with plenty of time to spare before kick off.

"We also strongly urge all travelling fans from Newcastle to buy their tickets before arriving on the Central Coast, though I well and truly hope and expect to see yellow as the dominant colour in the grandstands on Saturday for what Im sure will be a truly memorable derby occasion."

The Mariners charge towards the Hyundai A-League Premiership will continue when they return to their Bluetongue Stadium home on Saturday, 12 January, where they host northern rivals the Newcastle Jets in an east coast derby blockbuster. Kick off is at 7pm.

Due to huge crowd expected spectators are advised to pre-purchase tickets at any Ticketek outlet, from the Ticketek website www.ticketek.com.au, or via phone on 132 849.

Deej

No doubt it will be close to another sell out.........I expect around 18,500 again

dibo

if we crack 18,000, our average crowd for the season so far will be bigger than theirs.

if we win, we can shore it up with another bumper crowd to show off the trophy.

Newieutd

dibo said:
if we crack 18,000, our average crowd for the season so far will be bigger than theirs.

Where does both our averages sit at the moment

dibo

Newieutd said:
dibo said:

Where does both our averages sit at the moment

unless my numbers are farked (and i wouldn't rule that out, but they won't be out by much):

CCM 12,287
NEW 12,909

we're 600 behind on averages, but with 2 blockbusters to come. newcastle should pull 15k i reckon for their final match, but i expect we'll pull 18k this weekend and at worst 15k the week after, more likely another near sellout.

it's fair to say i never expected to see crowds like this at the start of the season.

i won't be surprised if our base all of a sudden jumps to about 12k from the 8k or so it was at the start of the year (from 6k last year and 4k in the first season) so we start next season very healthily. basically we should start strongly up next year the same way the jets have this year, and consolidate as they have done.

the ground is terrific atmosphere-wise when nearly full too, a beautiful little place.

the figures for all teams and total are as follows:

ADL 12,907
CCM 12,287
MEL 26,128
NEW 12,909
PER 7,553
QLD 15,452
SYD 14,656
WEL 11,683
Tot 14,107

mustapha_beer

brett said:
Bearinator said:
I hope we win, and there is a result, not a draw in the Sydney/QLD game, guaranteeing us a top 2 spot.

Interesting. I don't know what I want from that game. They draw, we're more likely for the prem,  but if one of them wins, we're more likely to be assured top 2. Given we've been top all year I think I'm more keen on the prem. So I'd like a draw between them (with many injuries and red cards) and take our chances on the last day to get a top two/prem!

Or maybe if we win, hope for a draw, if we lose/draw, hope for a result.

Personally, am only concerned with the result of our game. The point we got against Perth last week means it's all in our hands now. If we beat the Jets, then the other results will take care of themselves. Like I said before, a win on Saturday will pretty much guarantee us the minor premiership and everything that comes with it - no way we'll beat them and then lose to a Wellington team who will have been out of it for 3 weeks, and who won't even have home ground advantage to get behind.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred