• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 20 vs Scumcastle

dibo

mustapha_beer said:
brett said:
Bearinator said:
I hope we win, and there is a result, not a draw in the Sydney/QLD game, guaranteeing us a top 2 spot.

Interesting. I don't know what I want from that game. They draw, we're more likely for the prem,  but if one of them wins, we're more likely to be assured top 2. Given we've been top all year I think I'm more keen on the prem. So I'd like a draw between them (with many injuries and red cards) and take our chances on the last day to get a top two/prem!

Or maybe if we win, hope for a draw, if we lose/draw, hope for a result.

Personally, am only concerned with the result of our game. The point we got against Perth last week means it's all in our hands now. If we beat the Jets, then the other results will take care of themselves. Like I said before, a win on Saturday will pretty much guarantee us the minor premiership and everything that comes with it - no way we'll beat them and then lose to a Wellington team who will have been out of it for 3 weeks, and who won't even have home ground advantage to get behind.

i still have nightmarish memories of a thursday night in january last year where a new zealand team put the final nails in our season by holding us 0-0...

even if we beat the scum, if we fail to beat welly, we could still lose the league.

adz

Staff member
The new sheep shaggers are a bit different to the old sheep shaggers tho - I feel much more confident coming up against this mob... err... flock? than the previous lot - something about the games I think we dominate wellington more than dorkland or whatever they were called.

Atomic

On game at a time lads. We have to win on Saturday night. Lets discuss future games on Sunday morning. I don't think I'l last till Saturday night TBH... My stomach is churning as we speak.

brett

Any team in the comp is quite capable of beating any other team on their day. The last game will be just as hard as any other. In fact it's a massive banana skin. We'll be playing the game of our lives and they will have nothing to play for. That's an awkward situation and it will be quite difficult for us to get to our best standard. We'll either get sucked down to their level, or we'll get nervous while they play carefree. Its dangerous.

Jocwa08

Jets focused on win
Thursday, 10 January 2008

Gary Van Egmond Newcastle coach Gary Van Egmond has said he will only settle for a win against the Mariners in Saturday night's round 20 Hyundai A-League clash at Bluetongue Stadium.

The Jets go into the penultimate-round match knowing that a win will draw the team level with the Central Coast and from there, the Novocastrian outfit stands a chance of clinching a vital top two position.

"We will go to win, we always play for a win," Van Egmond told the media on Thursday.

"What tactics we devise to neutralise the opposition and for us to capitalise on is up to us."

"But I think it is going to be a tight affair and added to the fact it is a derby, if we win we go equal with them, so there is a lot riding on the line for us."

"We can cement ourselves in the top four if we win and then obviously in the last round we have got options - if we win our last game we can finish on 34 points and you will go close to being in the top two."

Van Egmond said Newcastle has worked on its set pieces in trying to unsettle a Central Coast outfit that has conceded 11 goals in its last three matches.

"They are a very tall team, right across the park, but against Sydney I was surprised how poorly they defended from the set pieces, particularly from corners," said Van Egmond.

"I think Popo (Sydney FC skipper Tony Popovic) had a few free headers, so that is something we will target."

"But having said that, I think it was a personnel issue and those players have come back now and they will be stronger."

The Jets will go into the game without the services of Adam Griffiths, who has been suspended for two matches due to an accumulation of seven yellow cards. With Tarek Elrich playing for most of the game at left back last week, and Griffiths playing in the midfield, former Mariners skipper Noel Spencer looks likely to start in the middle alongside Olyroos representative Stuart Musialik.

"It might be a situation where we play either or they both play together," said a guarded Newcastle coach.

"We just have to go with what will be most effective against the Central Coast. It is all to do with the group and not individuals and we will mix and match a little bit to see if what is the best team we can put in to undo the opposition."

For his part, Spencer said he would relish the opportunity to play against his old club on its home ground.

Corners! Trott was in goals, with his cofindence id find it hard to leave the house.
Danny will not let in a goal from a corner of a set piece, im confident of that.

"It is a derby game so it will be intense and I think whatever team can capitalise on each other's mistakes most will come out on top, so everyone is looking forward to the challenge," said Spencer.

dru

Jocwa08 said:
Jets focused on win

"It is a derby game so it will be intense and I think whatever team can capitalise on each other's mistakes most will come out on top, so everyone is looking forward to the challenge," said Spencer.

That spencer is turning into everyones favorite supper hero, captain obvious.

Andy

Danny

Clark  Wilko  Boogs  Checkers
              Jedi
  Owens  Tommy  Hutch

Sasho  Aloisi

Trott
Viddy
Kwassy
Simon

That's what I want to see.

Wombat

I know its not going to happen but I would love to see Gumps get a spot instead of Kwas. I thought he put in an OK  90min against Melbourne which should have helped his fitness and I think in general Kwas hasn't offered us much off the bench after his good early season form.
[/quote]

Spot on Taxman.

Kwas has offered us nothing in the second half of the season.
Gumps is 3 times the player Kwas can ever be.
I would actually start him in place of Owens who looked very sluggish against Perth and was MIA most of the game.
Foe me:

Danny
Wilko      Boogs    Viddy  Checkers
Tommy  Hutcho  Jedi    Gumps

JA  Sasho

Timmyv

Thank god its on a Saturday night for once.

Biggest game of the season for both clubs. And hopefully its a sell oue will have some good numbers again like the last one down there.

Cant wait for it.

Deej

Whatever our lineup is it's up to those 11 players to represent the Coast and get 3 points!

Surely the boys will be up for it, I spoke to 1 of the boys today and reminded them how long it is since we beat the scum.....he was fired up lol

Deej

If Spencer starts I can really see him having a decent game, he's going to be up for it, Hutcho and Mile will have to unsettle him in the middle of the park.  Same applies to Holland, give him a few kicks just to let him know what we think of him now!

It will be interesting to see who Lawrie puts on Griffiths, it has to be someone who can keep up with him, or someone who will compete with his strength.....coz Lawrie will put a man marker on him I'm sure.  Give Boogs the job IMO with Mile supporting him.

Bear

DJ said:
Same applies to Holland, give him a few kicks just to let him know what we think of him now!

If he dose not learn that way, my banner should give him an idea of what we think ;)

skilbeck

Jocwa08 said:
Jets focused on win

We all know about Spencer and mistakes.

With regards to lineups IMO Andys looks the best although I believe Vidmar will start, probably in place of Boogaard

Timmyv

DJ said:
Whatever our lineup is it's up to those 11 players to represent the Coast and get 3 points!

Surely the boys will be up for it, I spoke to 1 of the boys today and reminded them how long it is since we beat the scum.....he was fired up lol
Its been 2 yrs and still counting after Saturday night lads.

Fingers cross it may be up there with Arsenal 9yrs unbeaten by Spurs
Ole

dibo

Timmyv said:
DJ said:

Its been 2 yrs and still counting after Saturday night lads.

Fingers cross it may be up there with Arsenal 9yrs unbeaten by Spurs
Ole

nope - away semi was 12/2/06, but we also beat you exactly 6 months later in the PSC SF 12/8/06.

we seem to like the 12th - we're playing you on the 12/1/08. an omen, perhaps?

promdi442

IN TODAYS ADVOCATE THEY MENTION THAT BOOGARD IS IN DOUBT FOR THE GAME DUE TO GROIN STRAIN IN PERTH. ANY NEWS RE THIS INJURY OR IS IT JUST HYPE

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred