• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 20 vs Scumcastle

LFCMariners

Mariners fans go to games irrespective of how their team is doing.

Scum fans only go if their team is winning.

How sweet it will be to knock Scum Utd. out of the finals race and watch all their "fans" fishing around for the dockets they kept from when they bought their jerseys the day before!  ;D

noremac

Oh, coming from a club that at halftime, centrelink has a competition where you wave your flags for $1000?

Honestly. Gypsies, you fail.

and also.

You do realise the only reason your getting higher crowds is because that your crusing on the top..

oh wait, your equal first now.

oops, sorry.

LFCMariners

I would love to stay and continue the (very easy) task of owning Scum fans, but unlike anybody who supports that club, some of us on these forums have jobs that don't involve sexual favours for cash or dealing in stolen car parts. Goodnight! Maybe we can debate again when the Centrelink money comes through to pay for your internet bill!

S

soccersensei

Which by the way is not very surprising, being that only one player on your team can score.
And you should send a thank you card to UFUK TALAY for that, or ortherwise Heff would have owned your super prat striker like he always has before - leaving him no option but to resort to his other past time of turkey slapping linesmen.

noremac

Firstly, Holland AND Griffo scored.

What could have happened didn't and you guys still failed to block out griffo's runs and one of your old mates, hollands scored. If we really had ONE person who could score, how come teams arent stopping him from scoring? you would have thought something would have caught on huh?

also, What you think might have happened given different situation may be true, but either way.. It didn't.

serious14

Scum c*nts throwing coins.  Very mature.  Best fans in the land??  You wankers are having a laugh.

Also gotta love how the media is saying "an accidental elbow" by Griffiths on Kwasnik...... despite their being momentum behind his swing WITH A CLOSED F*CKING FIST.  Ban for the rest of the season thanks, the prick doesn't deserve to breathe, let alone play football.  But of course, some bullsh*t excuse will be trotted out, heaven forbid the FFA grew a pair of balls and handed out something resembling a decent ban to the c*nt.

I'd go on another rant about Breeze too, but what's the point??  He is a (corrupt) blight on the League who doesn't even know what a f*cking backpass is, pure and simple.  I'll be making a tinfoil hat during the week to wear at next week's game - half as a laugh, half as truth.  What a shame.

P.S.  WHERE WAS THE F*CKING HEART AND DESPERATION MARINERS PLAYERS?!?!?    SHAMEFUL!!!!  GET YOUR F*CKING ACT TOGETHER!!!!

MrCelery

serious14 said:
P.S.   WHERE WAS THE F*CKING HEART AND DESPERATION MARINERS PLAYERS?!?!?    SHAMEFUL!!!!   GET YOUR F*CKING ACT TOGETHER!!!!

Yes, there was a serious lack of desperation until Gumps came on. He definitely deserves a start. We give over far too much space in midfield. We were playing at HOME for f@#ks sake!

Congrats to the Squadrunts who looked the pretty organised last night. Didn't hear them, but considering they have shite club colours to work with, they looked sort of colourful crammed in together.

Back on the team - there can be no excuses for the string of losses at home - we have a very strong squad, but are just not firing like a team lately, and the defence is playing very amateur stuff of late.

Aloisi should spend less time moaning to dickhead refs like Breeze, and just get on with it - focus on scoring\leading. With his strength on the ground, we should be pumping less balls in the air to him, playing more to feet, and he should be attacking the defence more - if he doesn't plow through, he's more likely to get a free or penalty.

That Covic save is gonna haunt me for weeks. :eek:(

northernspirit

Gumps did well, i thought Kwas actually had one of his better games... Hutcho was awful, Jedi mixed in some really good things with some really poor things, O'Grady and Wilko struggled. How many times did Newcastle have players in and around the box unmarked, our defence is so disorganised and alot of it comes down to players not tracking back and helping out the defence which is our guys not putting in the hard yards like we were earlier in the season.

The thing that concerns me most is the top 4 is now settled and this is our record against them this season

Queensland:
Won 1, Lost 2

Sydney:
Won 1, Lost 2

Newcastle:
Drawn 2, Lost 1

I think this coupled with the fact we have lost our confidence is going to make it really hard to come back, but at least we made the finals which is still a good achievement. Remember before the season kicked off many people in the media tipped us to come last!

Auburn Mariner

Newcastle deserved their victory. Our lads were strangely flat for long periods, and they did try their best to score an equaliser in the second half, only to be thwarted by a magnificent save by Ante Covic.

Gumpy was VERY energetic and changed the game when he came on. Mile was excellent again, and Danny kept us in the game. Kwassie had a mixed game, his goal was well taken, but he is still lacking some confidence IMO.

The Jets' defence seemed well organised, and Noel Spencer had a LOT of time on the ball.

We are not playing well at the moment. With our finals spot assured, we need a good win against the Phoenix, and then onto Lang Park, the SFS or the NISC.

All is NOT lost. We have made the finals, now we need to step it up BIG TIME.

bobandbill

We were the worse team - we played... ok, but certainly not in defence, and at times we simply couldn't cross the ball.
Could have been 2-0 down, thanks to Clark - him and the rest of the defence looked poor, although Ceccoli did well at times.
Vukovic was fantastic - saved more than he should have last night.

Midfield - not enough crossing, too many hopeful long balls, or shots that went wide. Nice goal from kwasnik - but besides that not much else really - often ended up crossing stright to a Jet's player, or lost the ball before then.
Hutch and Pondejiak were ok, but why take the last free-kick and blast it high? If you shoot low, at least you only need worry about it passing either side of the post, and if it takes a deflection, the goalkeeper will be hopeless. Not easy to score, but a far better chance than blasting way too high.

Gumps was the player that got us back into looking for the equaliser - before that we were doing nothing much. Pity about Covic's save...

What if Boogs had played? How bad was his injury really? He has been out for a fiar bit the last few games... not often that one is out 3 weeks for 'concussion'...

We've stuffed up since Sydney - even with ten men, we should have defended a two-goal lead. Melbourne... we sucked, and Perth was bad too - slightly better against Newcastle than Melbourne, but nowhere near the standard of the first 15 minutes agianst Sydney. A team can't do so badly now if they want the premiership.

pommypete

We are useless,whoever we face in the finals we are goooone.No passion,we wait until the opposition scores before we start to play,sh1te!

fedelta

I still can't understand why O'Grady started and Vidmar wasn't used at all.
The boys need to get used to the big crowds coming to watch them!
farrrrrrk! If we beat Sydney we would have beaten Melbourne, Perth and Newcastle too.
Vukovic is a champion.
IMO if we won the premiership i couldn't see us winning the grand final as well. We aren't as good as Melbourne were last year. Now we can just focus on the finals series and bringing home that toilet seat!!
Come on boys wake up and get out of this f*cking slump!

S

striker

pommypete said:
We are useless,whoever we face in the finals we are goooone.No passion,we wait until the opposition scores before we start to play,sh1te!

we didn't play well last night, but we're not gonna choke!........we'll get there

kevrenor

After a lot of procrastination ... so hard to write when we lose, there is a match report of sorts up at:

http://spirit.webcity.com.au/AFN/2007-2008/R20/R20-CCvsNJ.htm

Photos by a visiting Blinger

Consider it a Playboy report ... don't worry about the words, just look at the pictures!

Wombat

Scum were the better side last night. Must better passing and movement.
Danny was brilliant as usual.
The defence was terrible. Stringers is so slow. He made a couple of good tackles but positionally suspect again. Clark was very poor. Wilko was OK and Checkers was the pick of the bunch.
I haven't seen a replay but I think mif you watch Newcastle's defence you will see that they are SO much more organised than us.
Midfield was rubbish. Hutcho had his worst game of the year. Kwas scored a great goal but also did some ridiculous things. Jedi was solid. Tommy didn't do much.
J.A...should have done better....Griffiths easily looked the best forward on the park (and i hate the prick). Sasho was lazy and poor, he should have had two relatevely easy goals. Simon showed guts when he came on.
I won't harp on about Gumpy but you won't see a better example of what I have been talking about. Movement, aggression, skill and most importantly HEART and DESIRE.

~Floss~

I think what went wrong last night was the same problems we've had since the Melbourne game.

That is, disorganised or ineffective defense; a few silly mistakes here and there cost us goals. Then we do well to dominate play in an attempt to come back, but the finishing lets us down.

Having to keep pushing forward for long stretches without capitalising, combined with a mistake in defense opens us up to a counter attack. We have often conceded in the second half against the run of play.

On a positive note, i think we managed to retain possession and complete passes better this week than the last few. Didn't seem to throw it away as much.

Timmah

Someone said earlier that Mariners fans go to games irrespective of how their team is going... we've now haven't won a game since how long ago? mid-Dec or late November from memory... yet we've posted three straight crowd records? If that isn't the mark of a committed fan base, I don't know what is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred