• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 20 vs Scumcastle

Deej

dibo said:
Timmyv said:
DJ said:
Whatever our lineup is it's up to those 11 players to represent the Coast and get 3 points!

Surely the boys will be up for it, I spoke to 1 of the boys today and reminded them how long it is since we beat the scum.....he was fired up lol
Its been 2 yrs and still counting after Saturday night lads.

Fingers cross it may be up there with Arsenal 9yrs unbeaten by Spurs
Ole

nope - away semi was 12/2/06, but we also beat you exactly 6 months later in the PSC SF 12/8/06.

we seem to like the 12th - we're playing you on the 12/1/08. an omen, perhaps?

Lets fkn hope so Dibo!

In the nature of this league and salary cap I can't see anyone going 9 years without beating a certain team......you never know thou!

brett

DJ said:
dibo said:
Timmyv said:
DJ said:
Whatever our lineup is it's up to those 11 players to represent the Coast and get 3 points!

Surely the boys will be up for it, I spoke to 1 of the boys today and reminded them how long it is since we beat the scum.....he was fired up lol
Its been 2 yrs and still counting after Saturday night lads.

Fingers cross it may be up there with Arsenal 9yrs unbeaten by Spurs
Ole

nope - away semi was 12/2/06, but we also beat you exactly 6 months later in the PSC SF 12/8/06.

we seem to like the 12th - we're playing you on the 12/1/08. an omen, perhaps?

Lets fkn hope so Dibo!

In the nature of this league and salary cap I can't see anyone going 9 years without beating a certain team......you never know thou!

I can see NZ Knights struggling to beat us for some years to come :)

Andy

Latest news is Boogard is out of the game with that groin strain. Sringers is tiped to keep his place next to Wilko.

Greg Owens is also in doubt.

Deej

Lawrie will give every player until game day if he wants them in the team that badly.  Not a disaster if Boogs is out, Clark at RB and Stringers/Vidmar in for boogs in the middle, Owens however would be a loss, he's 1 midfielder not scared to run at defences and have a go......Kwas or Gumps would come in you expect?

uncleyellow

just read on 442 that boog's is out with a groin strain, and they are going to see how Owens goes tomorrow...
???

Hope Owens is good to go!

brett

Interesting excerpt from the latest story on ccmariners.com.au, with Lawrie rapping half their team:

"Joel Griffiths, hes the Hyundai A-Leagues top goal scorer and hes had an outstanding season," said McKinna.

"Young James Holland has come in and done well, Bridgey always does well, Musialik as well, though he was on the bench last weekend, theyve got Spenny hes our old captain so hes got something to prove.

"Covic is being touted for a Qantas Socceroos spot, theyve got Jade North and Matthew Thompson who were in the Qantas Socceroos camp theyve got quality all over the park, as we have."

Last time Lawrie said we could shut down Griffo and win the game. That seemed to fire them up, especially Bridge. Good to see he's learning!

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Here is wot we thought of 'em last time

http://i252.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid252.photobucket.com/albums/hh7/recky62/dave%20spielberg/wearethenewcstlehaters.flv"></embed>

now.....LETS GO WATCH A JET CRASH

:popo: :piralaugh: :pirashoot: :pirate: :popo:

S

striker

I'd like to see us play a 4:2:3:1 format today:

-------------- Danny ----------------

---- Clark --- Wilko --- Vidmar --- Ceccoli

---------- O'Grady -- Jedi ---------------

---- Kwas--- Tommy --- Hutch ----------

---------- Aloisi ------------

gull

I'm stunned. We had it all to play for and couldn't get there in front of another record crowd.
Three record crowds - three losses. How many will come back again?

Griffiths had way too much time on the ball and our lack of pace at the back was exploited again.

For the first time in three years I didn't stay and clap the team off.

Very disappointing.

northernspirit

well we choked, not once but three times - we cant play in front of a big crowd that much is plain, anyway onto the finals - we probably will be 3rd or 4th but we will be there

FFC Mariner

Simply put, we choked. We were outplayed by a team that was faster,fitter,hungrier,more skilfull on the ball who had their tactics 100% spot on.

2-1 flattered us and we have a few players that just dont gel together.

Be interesting to see what Lawrie does now, a real test of his coaching ability.

Gav...

Well! newcastle beat us with the pace up front with griffiths! our defence is too slow! but the good sign for the mariners is the run through midfield from hutcho, gumps and tommy p. we were unlucky not to level the score from aloisi's header! once again the ref m.breeze :redcard: was absolutely shocking how many free kicks and penalty's not awarded for clear fouls is shocking!

i brought my dad along for the first time this season and said to me at the end of the game how crap was the ref absolutely shocking and is the worst ref he has seen in the a-league!!

well next week the boys can start the run for the championship again! the minor premiership is still a slim chance with results going are way but the championship and asia the door is wide open for the mariners so FARKEN FIRE UP BOYS!!!!!!!!  :pirashoot:

gull

Greenpoleffc said:
Simply put, we choked. We were outplayed by a team that was faster,fitter,hungrier,more skilfull on the ball who had their tactics 100% spot on.

I thought the Simon change was too early and show how scared we were. Ugly.

C

C U JIMMY

Anybody else think Gumps did enough to get a start next week,  I thought we looked much better when he came on.  Melbourne are out,  :headbounce: Scum are in,  makes winning the comp much easier.

priorpeter

Gumps has been used well as an impact player off the bench latley, but IMO yes i think he deserves a start next week. along with matty simon ahead of sasho.. matty to score his 1st goal in the last game of the competition proper!

LFCMariners

Chokers? Considering what the Mariners have achieved these past 3 seasons in relation to the money and resources we have over other clubs, we're the overachievers of the comp!

Up the road, consdering the money they have, in season 1 they rolled out the back door come finals time at the hands of a team below them. Last year they were one game from the Grand Final but lost on penalties to Adelaide. If anyone have been chokers up to this point, it's Scum Utd. As for underachievers, it would be Queensland Roar up to this season. Need I explain why?

Players out doesn't help, and neither does on M. Breeze running out with the whistle. Give me a near full strength Mariners side next weekend and a different ref and I can see a confidence boosting 3 points headed to Gosford once more.

noremac

This was a fun experience for all, especially the jets.

Honestly, gypsies.. if you think its going to get better for yourselves, your wrong. Do you think crowds decrease via the final series? No. Your going to choke once again.

Sorry, but ey.

Good luck gypsies, your obviously going to need it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred